Photo

Sniper Sissy Gameplay Video

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#101 Harriet Tubman

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:46 PM

Harriet Tubman"Should crouch or prone jumps be allowed?"

I don't know how MoonGamers look at it but on Simple servers the double jump is ok but

the prone jumps are not allowed. (warn, kick, ban can follow)

I guess what I'm saying that to take advantage of the sniper glitch takes years of practice. I know you guys are highly skilled.

The casual public player may quit the game and never come back if they run into a player that does not snipe in a normal way.

I think we all want to keep this game alive. I fear that the game may die if regular players think the game is crawling with "hacks".

BladeRunner   :beer:

The casual public player that might quit the game will quit if I go medic, assault, or engy. They will quit if I do nothing but pistol or if I just bazooka them over and over. This is a skill difference that they will equate to hacks, not a bug difference that they get confused by. These players wouldn't have the slightest idea if I am no scoping or zooming in. In that case how do you feel? Should we not be allowed to play no scope because if the casual player can't tell what is happening then he might quit?

Simple fra doesn't have these problems as they have clanners that play and admin on there. Since you mentioned simple though, lets look at their usa server and the amount of harrassment the actual good infantry left in the game get when they play on there. Some bad players think they hack, constantly complain and fill up chat and if the good player says something back then they get a kick/ban for disrespect. Like the post I linked at the top of this page, they will kick you if you just have a good kda lol.

IMO the game will and has filled with regulars who cry hack which makes the good players decide to play another game. If it keeps devolving, have fun with co op only servers vs players that have knowledge of the game like hilly has expressed throughout this thread.

• Captain John H. Miller likes this

#102 Steve2112

Posted 13 July 2016 - 06:13 PM

You guys see the difference between blade runner and jubilee response?? 

I do not know the history and politics....so that could influence your perception. 

Blade runner is like "some people may not know what you're doing, and may not be able to find that information and not be able to practice it".

It shows some compassion...some empathy for how people see things.

Jubes is like "gat damn you wait till you get in the sht with REAL players then come crying like a lil bitch". It shows some jaded intolerance.

I also disagree that other players can't help you cope. I hate Hillary Clinton to my CORE, but she said something truthful several years ago...."takes a village to raise a child". I remember my "village" was VERY influential to me. I remember back in the 60's...my neighbors, cops, teachers, doctors. They helped shaped me into a person, a GOOD person despite my flaws..the whole village did it. THEY...increased my SKILL level! If it was only up to me, I'd be in jail or dead....I am SURE I'd be dead. No question. 

So this notion this it is "only up to you" is ridiculous. YES...you DO need to put in the time and effort...the pain. But you need a teacher too. I don't blame some people for not wanting to put the effort into teaching. Not like in my day of the 60's...people don't respect teachers as much. 

I also disagree that there is "new talent coming our way". "new talent" will go elsewhere. Nurturing and growing is not easy in a challenging environment. Someone truly interested in mentoring, will recognize the talents, and  cull the wildness. 

Definitely a tricky situation..can you blame some people for thinking about dishonesty and nepotism? Have patience and wisdom...if you care. I think this game, and all these people, are worth it! The world is so F'd up, but we have here a safe haven...have to both protect it and keep it alive. Tricky...but I have faith. Stubborn faith! 

#103 Steve2112

Posted 13 July 2016 - 06:22 PM

I don't know how MoonGamers look at it but on Simple servers the double jump is ok but

I guess what I'm saying that to take advantage of the sniper glitch takes years of practice. I know you guys are highly skilled.

The casual public player may quit the game and never come back if they run into a player that does not snipe in a normal way.

I think we all want to keep this game alive. I fear that the game may die if regular players think the game is crawling with "hacks".

The casual public player that might quit the game will quit if I go medic, assault, or engy. They will quit if I do nothing but pistol or if I just bazooka them over and over. This is a skill difference that they will equate to hacks, not a bug difference that they get confused by. These players wouldn't have the slightest idea if I am no scoping or zooming in. In that case how do you feel? Should we not be allowed to play no scope because if the casual player can't tell what is happening then he might quit?

Simple fra doesn't have these problems as they have clanners that play and admin on there. Since you mentioned simple though, lets look at their usa server and the amount of harrassment the actual good infantry left in the game get when they play on there. Some bad players think they hack, constantly complain and fill up chat and if the good player says something back then they get a kick/ban for disrespect. Like the post I linked at the top of this page, they will kick you if you just have a good kda lol.

IMO the game will and has filled with regulars who cry hack which makes the good players decide to play another game. If it keeps devolving, have fun with co op only servers vs players that have knowledge of the game like hilly has expressed throughout this thread.

I have asked  VERY good players to have some mercy and discretion when playing. Not to pick on Pink. but I asked him "why you kill me?". He sunk the destroyer, then sunk the landing craft I had swam too. He said "just playing the game". Um... sinking that landing craft..."playing the game"? Maybe if you are a NOOB and that is an achievement! But PINK? 

4...on the other hand... I applaud with great urgency. Heck for all I know it could be the same person...no way of knowing, sadly. 4 does not seem to take every opportunity to bury and F up anything he sees. At first I mocked him/her. Now...I humbly respect that, and ashamed of my initial actions. 

I understand you leet players need a good game and fun....I understand. But you don't get that is seems Way to easy and downright nasty sometimes?

We need more 4. Not even sure who I am talking about, just met him/her a couple nights ago. MORE 4! You are  good for this game and community. 

#104 Bot

Posted 13 July 2016 - 06:26 PM

Okay. Seriously, how do you play a first person shooter for 10+ years and not know what 'lead' is? I would also like to point out that ANYONE can learn to snipe while strafing, double jump, use external views while flying, prone bug a corner, etc. Like it or not, these are part of the mechanics of this game. So instead of just whining about it, learn to a) do it yourself, B) counter it or even better c) both of the above. For example- if someone bugs a corner, you can still reg on their feet. If someone is prone jumping, they cannot accurately shoot at you, so use the opportunity to gain a better position instead of wasting your ammo. 

edit: the moongamer forum gods decided to change my 'b' into a smiley face lol.

#105 Harriet Tubman

Posted 13 July 2016 - 06:28 PM

I know have a 2 foot Hit Box Radius sniping ask Jubs-she was just in Ax server with me sniping I went 17-17-2 in 6.5 mins sniping! Speaking of Simple i was in there yesterday practicing the sniper stop-shoot method I was using a different name and a friend of mine in there ask for me to be banned! I had to change my name back to Hilly to get him to hush.

Ive been in TS with you you know and your too good to just talk to anyone! I dont think you spoke!Must a been using all those brain cells concerting on the game...lol Your the silent type they hide in fields an do pushups in a pickle patch...

Yes please jubilee verify this hit box radius. Hilly please find anyone that will verify your weird claims about the game mechanics. Also thank you for even more insane ramblings.

#106 dodgem

Posted 13 July 2016 - 06:38 PM

Hilly, I'm not even sure you believe the crap you are spouting.

I will give my opinion on this topic as a long time player, reg and admin at MoonGamers, and as a "circle sniper" myself.....despite the fact that two veteran players/snipers have already given you more than enough of their time explaining the game physics of BF1942.

Between January and May last year, Moon Admins caught around 30 hackers playing on our server.  Since then, the number of hackers has dropped drastically but the same admins that were catching 30 hackers in 5 months last year are still here now.  They haven't just forgotten how to catch hackers and, before you say it, they haven't got lazy either.  The admins spend soooo much time making sure the server is hacker-free, glitcher-free and a fair place to play in general.  And, to the greatest extent possible, it IS.

Now to sniping: anyone can get good at it if they practice.  You move, you stop, you shoot and then, most importantly, you follow all other BF1942 game tactics (i.e. LEAD YOUR SHOTS).  If you have a sucky ping you lead more and, if you have a REALLY sucky ping (120+), you don't take the shots where the enemy is running perpendicular to your position.  Being good at sniping is no different from being good at any other class; there are small tweaks and tricks you can employ to better your game.  These aren't hacks and these aren't glitches.  Here are some examples:

Bunnyhopping, strafing, knowing when you're likely to have a reload glitch, listening for the audio glitch when an enemy picks up a friendly weapon, zooking the back of tanks, bombing the middle of the POW (I didn't know about this but, then again, I don't really fly), leading shots, climbing the hill on Omaha (up to top base), effectively using your secondary weapon and knife, and, you guessed it, sniping whilst strafing/circle sniping.  I shit you not, someone implied I was hacking last weekend because I repeatedly sniped him when he sat on the MG42 above the beach on Iwo Jima and tried to shoot me whilst I was on the beach. Thirty minutes playing this game (or 5 minutes being sniped 10+ times from the same position) should teach you not to sit on MGs but, some people are slower learners and.....some people seem to be completely resistant to learning because "Why can't they play at my level?!....I'm the slowest learner in the class".  Anyway, as HT says, there would be so so many more complaints if the pro snipers decided to play as medic 24/7.

Finally, let's correct what you said about hit boxes:  sniping doesn't give you any advantage over any other class in this respect.  In order to hit someone with a bullet, you need to aim either where that player is standing or the area where that player will be moving into when the bullet reaches them.  The hit box covers pretty much EXACTLY the area of the player's body (or where they're going to be).  Sniping at a distance doesn't have any effect on the size of the hit box.  NONE.  The only issue is that with BF1942 game physics, the hit box doesn't keep up with the player you are seeing on your screen.  If an enemy crouches or goes prone, their hit box will remain in the shape of the standing/running soldier for about a second before the hit box catches up with the fact that the player has crouched/gone prone.  This happens for all classes and I'm surprised it's not common knowledge by now.

You can keep complaining (although please complain out loud, to yourself, in the comfort of your own home rather than on these forums because I think we've all had enough), but unless you actually practice something with the intention of getting better rather than proving others wrong, you won't get any better.

If your homophobic rant on TS a while ago didn't already drastically lower my respect for you enough, the misinformation you have given in this thread, presumably to try to sway others to your flawed position, sure has.

I am closing this topic as I think it has:

1. Served its purpose

2. Started to get sour

3. Contains all the information anyone could ever want with some great contributions from HT, Jubilee and gregefc (among others) regarding game physics, improving your skills and sniping.

(Sorry HT for closing a thread meant to showcase a great video).

• Lin, Joker (Aut), Jubilee and 1 other like this

#107 Angerfist

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:22 AM

Simply a masterpiece. :bow:

On the tk video:  It started off as accidental, and we were both talking trash.  I wasn't mad, and thought we were having (friendly) tk war, which he won.  This is a lame attempt to get me trouble, which is idiotic. You just showed everyone how insecure you are with that post. And rather dumb.  Guess what? You complaining about tk's in this post look at who won that tk war. The master of tking.

I do have a rep for tking people if they are playing like an ass, or mouthing off.  I take the kick. I listen to admin warnings.  The people I know very well will sometimes do it as a goof. I enjoy running some of my friends over now and then, and laugh when they do it to me. Some people need to lighten up.

It's a GAME. We are here to have fun.  You just were ITCHING to find a reason to post that video. That game was a LONG time ago. Hope you feel better. I'll be looking for you....enjoy the knifings.

Happy Killing!

Vexador

• Eliminator likes this

#108 Jubilee

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:52 AM

This whole thread is highly entertaining to me. It provides great insight to the unstable psyche of particular individuals, especially those who cannot comprehend what they are reading... or what they are saying.

TKs happen, but they should not happen on purpose. There is no 2-foot radius with an instant headshot. 

Not a very valid attempt to interpret what I was trying to convey to the community, Pete. Good try though.

Dodgem is a great example of what you can achieve, no matter what your ping is (to an extent), as long as you understand the physics of the game. People ask about hit regs and physics constantly when it comes to sniping. I've offered to explain it in detail on TS to numerous people, and only one person has followed through on accepting that offer.

But most importantly, we must always remember that Bot eats poop.

• D Day likes this

#109 Angerfist

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:47 PM

Holy crap Steve,

in this stage of the communication, you really try  to pass at least a part of the blame to the players you call "leet" ? What you call "leet" isn't really "leet" btw. Beneath the blind, the one-eyed is the king.

Is there any unwritten law out there which allows the "normal" player to behave like an idiotic asshole towards the "leet", while the "leet" is supposed to be helpful and peaceful towards the aggressors ? Do you even remember what lead to this discussion here ? Are you aware how much time was used to actually explain and help players of your caliber ?

(Little hint, just in case that you forgot : we are not here because of "leet" players constantly insulting, harassing and teamkilling the worst players since more than a year. It wasn't good players braggin about how good they are, it was players not able to cope with the fact that others might be better which lead to all of this)

"I understand you leet players need a good game and fun....I understand." Playing without the ridiculous complaints would be a nice start.

"But you don't get that is seems Way to easy and downright nasty sometimes?"

If getting killed by players who are simply way better than you feels "downright nasty sometimes", then you probably play the wrong kind of game.

Do you know why it looks so "easy" ? Because players in the past got owned until they got better. When I started here, there wasn't that constant kamikaze "at least you're dead" spirit. And even though the server had a 30 % higher average population with friendly fire completely on, the amount of teamkills was much lower. There weren't masses of players nading / expacking their feet. People usually preferred to risk a death than killing a teammate. Nading / expacking yourself was a pretty embarassing thing to do. Now it is the standard. It is very bizarre that today people can deal with constant stupid tking but not with some guy killing in a legit way.

Of course those players won't get much better. Probably a coincidence that more than 90 % of the complaints about "hackers" are coming from that kind of players. Because they "know" that "nobody can be that good". How can somebody who is happy if he doesn't crash the plane claim he would be qualified to judge what is possible and what not ? How can the standard naders/expackers think they can judge what other people are able to do ? Same counts for other classes / vehicles.

"I don't blame some people for not wanting to put the effort into teaching. Not like in my day of the 60's...people don't respect teachers as much." The good old times... are those the times where you learned to disrespect people who actually tried to help you ? Seriously, you're not in the position to show "understanding". It's not about "not listening". It's about constant insults and teamkilling, no matter how often help / explanation gets shared. You can be happy that the guys wasted their time to explain stuff which should be obvious. If you are looking for advise in the future, consider not to twist reality and stay away from trying to put blame into the direction which actually helped you (without having to).

Anyway, probably wasted my time again, at least some language training for me.

• Lin, Twilight and D Day like this

#110 Grassy

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:01 PM

re-locking this

:deadhorse:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com