Photo

stupid questions i have aways wondered about

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Zap Rowsdower

Posted 10 July 2016 - 05:50 PM

ive played here for many years. at least ten. but there are some things thing i want to know. mainly these two things:

does "Ptk" and "ftk" physically do anything? i usually give people who tk me a "roger that" and continue on my way, should i write ftk to help them out?

on the very off chance i use a plane, (i am pretty much a pure infantry player) does the torpedo plane operate different than usual bombs? i have tried to drop the torpedoes away from the ship,but never seem to score a hit,

#2 Grassy

Posted 10 July 2016 - 05:55 PM

You have to hit the tilda key ~ and the console panel opens either type ftk or ptk  = forgive or punish

#3 Lin

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:05 PM

Every time a player receives a PTK, their spawn time increases a little. The more they get, the longer it will take to spawn in. I don't recall offhand what the FTK does.

• Zap Rowsdower likes this

#4 Grassy

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:15 PM

FTK=Forgive TK

#5 Lin

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:22 PM

We know that, but what does it do? :)

• Grassy likes this

#6 gregefc

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:26 PM

Pretty sure that if there's an automatic spawn time increase for a tk, it takes that away and resets it back to the normal time.
  • Grassy and Grinch like this

#7 Grassy

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:39 PM

Greg is spot on :)  Lin I know you shook your head and said "why does he do this to me"..lol

#8 gregefc

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:08 PM

Oh and your torpedo bomber question... They are a tough art to master. But know that (at least used to) a torpedo hitting a ship through water will do more damage than one dropped directy on it.

Unless things were changed in a patch, your best bet is to drop it a carriers length away from said ship, at as close to the water as possible. Don't drop it from high up. The torpedo actually sink and by the time they resurface if dropped from high, it will be on the other side of your target. Also, if you can, drop it head on towards the ship, as opposed to perpendicularly. This gives your torpedo more time to surface and hit.

If you just stick to skimming the water to drop it, it's very easy.

Oh also if I recall correctly, if you drop it in shallow water (the lighter blue close to shore) it doesn't matter your altitude, your torpedo has plenty of time to surface and will always register a hit no matter the distance.

Little known fact... You can sink a submerged submarine with these bombers. Its hard as hell and not very practical... But it takes two torpedoes if you ever need to know.
  • posi, Zap Rowsdower, Grinch and 1 other like this

#9 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:45 AM

Every time a player receives a PTK, their spawn time increases a little. The more they get, the longer it will take to spawn in. I don't recall offhand what the FTK does.

The (first)  PTK will increase the TKer's spawn time to about 20-30 seconds. This can be an eternity, but a good punishment when the TK is really stupid (lets say nade/expack TK, avoidable TKs).

#10 Steve2112

Posted 11 July 2016 - 08:52 AM

I am having the same issue. I am dropping at low altitude and slow speed (admittedly perpendicular for now), and I can seem to register the hit (the X). {shrug}.

#11 Zap Rowsdower

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:33 PM

thanks a lot! i'll just stick to saying roger that. im ever the optimist and like to think nobody purposely tks me.

good to know about the torpedo bomber. i really didnt think they would have went that far into the physics were you have to think about the torpedo sinking. i think my problem has been dropping it too close to the ship.

#12 Spare Parts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:54 AM

Does anyone feel like sharing any tips on how to handle turbo jeeps?  I have very little directional control, I usually end up spinning wildly in the clouds. That is pretty cool but ultimately useless.

#13 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:13 AM

Does anyone feel like sharing any tips on how to handle turbo jeeps?  I have very little directional control, I usually end up spinning wildly in the clouds. That is pretty cool but ultimately useless.

I usually just tap the turbokey while going straight, never going too fast.

• Spare Parts likes this

#14 Hollywood703

Posted 12 July 2016 - 11:15 AM

I tried to find a way to download the game, but it seems origin, nor steam offer this anymore.....anyone know of anyway to do it, that actually still has multiplayer capability

#15 Harriet Tubman

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:13 PM

I tried to find a way to download the game, but it seems origin, nor steam offer this anymore.....anyone know of anyway to do it, that actually still has multiplayer capability

http://team-simple.o...efield_1942.zip

Don't remember if that is already patched, so you will probably have to find the patch so you can refresh the server list. Also don't remember at what point you put your cd key in but now that gamespy is down you can put in any 22 digits.

#16 posi

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:23 PM

I still recommend CD / Origin install + patches for best the stability.  The link above in my recollection is Euro CD based and will contain some objectionable imagery.

The most stable abandonware version of the game uses Origins version of the game.  Here is that version with the book included.

http://www.mediafire...efield_1942.zip

#17 mexican eskimo

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:36 PM

The (first)  PTK will increase the TKer's spawn time to about 20-30 seconds. This can be an eternity, but a good punishment when the TK is really stupid (lets say nade/expack TK, avoidable TKs).

I don't usually do it, but maybe it's a good idea to do on the reckless naders, and the lamer xpackers.

• Angerfist, Captain John H. Miller and Rubulator like this

#18 Moving Target

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:09 AM

I purposely TKed, but on another server I came close. Noob was constantly team wounding/taking/destroying friendly vehicles, no admin on. On that server after the 3rd TK you're banned. He had committed #2. So I'm in the base with him, him in a tank or APC. I wound it enough where it's smoking. He had gotten it stuck trying to drive across something. I'm hanging out under it, slowly shooting it. Finally there was fire, it explodes killing him and me.

Since he was driving it and rocking it back & forth caused more damage he got the TK for killing me and earned a ban.

One of the finer moments in my BF1942 career. Besides killing Jubilee once.
  • Jubilee, Grinch, Waffen and 1 other like this

#19 Grassy

Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:46 AM

I can honestly say I have tk'd MT 3 times over the past few days..you see he is just too dam good on the opposite team and this is my only chance to get him!!..lol   :slipped:

Jk of course..  :music-smiley-008:

#20 Spare Parts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:14 AM

Is there a noticeable difference between keyboard and joystick flying?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com