Photo

stupid questions i have aways wondered about

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Harriet Tubman

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:56 PM

Is there a noticeable difference between keyboard and joystick flying?

If equal skill level between the pilots, then the joystick will win. Dunno if they want people to know but there is still a very good keyboard only pilot flying out there.

• Spare Parts likes this

#22 gregefc

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:27 PM

Is there a noticeable difference between keyboard and joystick flying?

If equal skill level between the pilots, then the joystick will win. Dunno if they want people to know but there is still a very good keyboard only pilot flying out there.
As HT said, definitely joystick. When it comes to turning and the likes, the stick will always have the advantage over mouse/keyboard. Its just a much more fluid and steady motion. There have been quite a few very elite mouse and keyboard pilots over the years, however. Many of them have altered the sensitivity settings for flying so they are able to pull their mouse whichever way and get more turn or tilt more quickly out of their aircraft by doing so. Its a very tough art to master though and the joystick accomplishes all of this with a much more natural/easy motion of the hand.

Lots of tankers used to do the same thing with the sensitivity. You can do it with your infantry setup as well, it's just not as practical to put it up as high. You may get the jump on people a bit quicker but your bullet spread is gonna be everywhere.
  • Spare Parts likes this

#23 Grassy

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:10 AM

The advantage about the mouse is that you can dive with no rudder movement..which is essential in a vertical dive for full maximum effect  when looping and bombing...however the thing to remember with the stick is an easy "2 finger grip" sort of speak when doing this as not to activate the rudders.

#24 Bot

Posted 30 July 2016 - 03:10 PM

Bind your rudder keys to your keyboard instead of the joystick axis to avoid that problem. That way you can sill use your stick for elevator and aileron control, without worrying about accidentally moving your rudder and bleeding speed. Its easier to keep your 'view' keys set to the keyboard as well- I’ve bound them to my 'x' (gun/cockpit view), 'c' (flyby), 'v' (front) and 'b' (rear/chase view) keys, which are right below the 'a' and 'd' keys I use for my rudder control.

#25 Spare Parts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:23 PM

When I fly, it feels like there is a piano on each wing.  I have only ever flown mouse and keyboard and it shows. I suppose i must practice more.

#26 Zap Rowsdower

Posted 10 September 2016 - 09:52 PM

the fart....

i know i am not crazy. ive heard the soldiers of the game fart .its a quick "frrrpt". ive heard it on omaha and tonight on el alamin. ive only heard it from allied soldiers.

on omaha,its been while riding the landing crafts with other people.

on el ala,ive heard it twice. both times involved riding a rocket car waaaaaaaay up and exiting the vehicle. while free falling for several seconds,i got the usuall "aaaaaagggghhhh",then ......ffffrrrpt!

i cannot be the only one who has ever heard this. i used to hear it on omaha all the time during the days of the mostl yomaha server

• Rubulator likes this

#27 Rubulator

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:42 PM

Yup... When falling from great heights you get soooo scared you scream a little and poop yourself... happens to us all :)

#28 Colonel Tavington

Posted 12 September 2016 - 02:29 PM

The German soldiers don't have permission to pass gas.

"Colonel Hogan, no one dies at Stalag 13 without permission." Colonel Klink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com