Photo

constant dive bombing

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Par Shooter

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:31 PM

There are certain players who sit in planes non stop and dive bomb the spawn points .

YES I know its within the rules but when your getting bombed for 20 or more minutes it becomes very boring and its just making the maps unplayable for the people on the ground and very very frustrating.

Lifi, Shultzy , are the worst for doing this and if by chance you do manage to shoot them they bailout (to preserve their precious KDR) and then the BOTH of them use ex pack as a primary weapon.

I was playing just now and 3 people left because of this , its hard enough for me with the ping I have to play .

But to have these types who constantly spoil peoples enjoyment by flying so high you cant see them then to be bombed and they are well above the "clouds" again before you can even try and shoot at them .

Can something be done before more people get really fed up with this type of play ?

Sorry for the rant but I enjoy playing this server and dont want it to be ruined by a small percentage 

Regards 

Par

• Grassy and Fart in a Jar like this

#2 Dr. Detroit

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:40 PM

Other

#3 Dr. Detroit

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:53 PM

Worse yet  this particular map was so lopsided it was stupid.   Yet whoever was admining it today, extended the time at least twice ?   Why ?

• Par Shooter likes this

#4 Twilight

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:51 PM

We have ships that try to do precisely the same, and with a great deal more firepower to accomplish it. Very often there are enemy tanks - nowhere near any of the flags, but just waiting in the enemy mains pointing at spawns. And that last one I find pretty curious when it's done from the team that's losing..

However I had a point with this. Some things can be frustrating, but they are rarely insurmountable. Lifi as it happens is debatably my favorite pilot right now. He's a devastating little player at just about anything he undertakes, and he's also the type you can always see thinking when you look at them play. As for expacks - I haven't seen him using them as a primary weapon. Although what was typically your primary weapon Par? If it's what I'm remembering, with panzerschreck/bazooka, that's an explosive too isn't it? I wouldn't imagine it encounters the buggy issue like not switching to a detonator at a high ping either (such as your aforementioned peer would be prone to suffer).

It's doubtful much will end up done other from what has in regard to providing equipment to harass your enemy, and sometimes you will have to rethink how you go about using it. Don't worry about the rant however, it was a good read, and pretty on-point compared to what I'd call rants nowadays. :lol:

Yet whoever was admining it today, extended the time at least twice ?   Why ?

I might have had something to do with that. :angelnot:
Exactly twice. We continue to extend some of the rounds if they look to be building and/or hold pop, which it was. Reading a certain quoted someone's comments in the logs may've also had something to do with the decision. :-D

#5 Colonel Tavington

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:29 PM

british-army-marching-in-formation-up-br

• Twilight likes this

#6 Par Shooter

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:55 PM

Thank you for your comments , and taking time to reply 

I will try not to get so frustrated in the future. 

May I add a big thank you for continuing a great server and supplying lots of us with hours of fun

Regards To all

• Twilight, Jubilee and Captain John H. Miller like this

#7 Grassy

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:51 AM

This is an old story that is permitted by the powers to be..went to the highest court on this here...nothing is going to stop it...I almost forgot they have a "no camping rule if conditions are met"  That was a token gesture that is never enforced.and an insult to the people that wanted it...if it is enforced it is very rarely.

Here comes a redundant post.  If the one side is getting camped on a low pop and admins are present, tagged up or not and people are disconnecting or openly complaining and nothing is done...you have a breakdown in the system.  The game is 15 years old what choice do you have?

• mistamontiel and Par Shooter like this

#8 Angerfist

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:26 PM

Doesn't happen often but I have to agree with Grassy (wow).

It's not a coincidence that the two major "no baserape" servers are full and we are empty. The other servers also have their pilot aces (of course stacked), their superior snipers and so on. But they don't struggle at all compared to us.

That's why I'm  personally convinced that this constant baseraping is severely harming our server and that Admins (including myself) should be way stricter with stopping baserape when needed. Or better : we should start enforcing that again. Especially in seeding situations.

I don't know if the regular campers don't realize it or if they are just too antisocial to care, but their constant desire to rape mains is nothing but cancerous for the server pop. Takes a special breed of "players" who enjoy raping mains with 2 tanks and 2 planes with 8 players on the server, and still wonder why the pop is so low.

• Lin, Grassy, mistamontiel and 2 others like this

#9 Spare Parts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:06 PM

I was playing and I was on the losing side.  The 2 pilots in question were bombing everything, not just spawn points, but anything that spawned.  Tanks, jeeps, people, if it spawned in, if it didn't move, it was destroyed.  These 2 pilots were old school and worked together. It was a bloodbath.  The score was 1200 to 500 (approx) at the end. There were two extensions making the game 75 minutes.  Dr. Detroit, it seemed like a lot longer on our side, but I have seen worse things happen.  Those are the facts. 

• Par Shooter likes this

#10 posi

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:56 PM

Meat on the bone

I left another server not long ago when a pair of pilots which happened to be on my team were on a run.  Thing is.. with the caps tilted it made for a dry game. No meat left on bone for anyone else and the players disconnected faster from the winning side than the losing one.

Anyways..  It isn't specific to us. A full server can absorb it a little easier though.  Nor is it specific to planes..  Omaha may have a def gun vs ship interaction but if the player count is down either of those positions being filled is going to net side-eye from some of the players.

Sometimes it's not about what you can do as much as is it is about what you should do.

• mistamontiel likes this

#11 Par Shooter

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:01 PM

What you should do ? as an admin ?

In the game we were pretty much confined to the spawn in Kursk if you ventured out to even try and zook a plane you were instantly bombed or shot by one of the two pilots .

Punky for instance likes to venture in to the opposing main as we know but he does it in a way that does not offend or upset people he moves about here there and lets you spawn and get out of the main and for the most part is a funny player with his comments 

and humour .

Im not sure what can be done if anything to stop this from happening in the future . 

Can a "death bubble" be set up above the main  so persons flying OVER it get their health deleted ?

Just a suggestion 

• Grassy likes this

#12 Colonel Tavington

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:16 PM

Par, I like to hide until they get bored...Falstaff rocked

• Grassy likes this

#13 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:14 PM

In the game we were pretty much confined to the spawn in Kursk if you ventured out to even try and zook a plane you were instantly bombed or shot by one of the two pilots .

Punky for instance likes to venture in to the opposing main as we know but he does it in a way that does not offend or upset people he moves about here there and lets you spawn and get out of the main and for the most part is a funny player with his comments 

and humour .

Im not sure what can be done if anything to stop this from happening in the future . 

Can a "death bubble" be set up above the main  so persons flying OVER it get their health deleted ?

Just a suggestion 

I play on a server with the death bubbles and no camping enforced and it has no detrimental effect on the server. Exceptions there are sniping the main and return fire to anyone hiding in the main firing shells out.
Anyone wishing to rape with a plane can still hunt on the one or two routes out of the mains, but breathing room is given for a team to try and get out.

• Par Shooter likes this

#14 Angerfist

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:07 AM

and humour .

Just a suggestion 

Ax has deathbubbles on some maps and that really makes a difference. When Admins are on, they also enforce that rule on maps without deathbubble. Of course there will be some guys in the main once in a while but you really can't compare that to what is happening on our server. Even though they have 6 x higher average pop than we have, I witness maybe 5 - 10 % of the camping we have.

Pretty nice for the gameplay and the atmosphere, brings the "focus" back to fighting for flags. I'm pretty sure though that deathbubbles or a stricter rule will not be applied on Moon even though I think (in retrospective) that it should have been done years ago.

• Lin, Grassy, Waffen and 2 others like this

#15 Highway Man

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:38 PM

and humour .

Just a suggestion 

Ax has deathbubbles on some maps and that really makes a difference. When Admins are on, they also enforce that rule on maps without deathbubble. Of course there will be some guys in the main once in a while but you really can't compare that to what is happening on our server. Even though they have 6 x higher average pop than we have, I witness maybe 5 - 10 % of the camping we have.

Pretty nice for the gameplay and the atmosphere, brings the "focus" back to fighting for flags. I'm pretty sure though that deathbubbles or a stricter rule will not be applied on Moon even though I think (in retrospective) that it should have been done years ago.

That's the one of the reasons i play Moongamers, you can attack the main. I like the server to be "real life" as possible. :usflag: :usflag:

#16 mistamontiel

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:51 AM

Par Shooter
"Punky for instance likes to venture in to the opposing main as we know but he does it in a way that does not offend or upset people he moves about here there and lets you spawn and get out of the main and for the most part is a funny player with his comments 

and humour ."

Punky sickens me ! Baserape steal that's all he know

Even if we've got the map all flags I only fly er drive through base just for laughs

EDIT: Don't know why if shorten quote just does not announce that I am quoting a fellow player

#17 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:48 AM

Punky sickens me ! Baserape steal that's all he know

If you think what Punky does is baserape, you've never had the real deal.

• Grassy, Par Shooter and Colonel Tavington like this

#18 Angerfist

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

It's not that bad to have Punky on the opponent team, when he does his thing in the your uncap, he is just annoying as a fly on the wall (just way slower and less smart).

It gets bad when you have him on your team, especially on low pop, because you can be sure that he only tries to be a scavenger in the enemy main and he'll never help you to get a flag. The only time you'll see him at the normal flags is when he teamkills you with his B17 while you're fighting at a grey flag.

• Grassy and ØLÐ CRØW like this

#19 posi

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:17 PM

I feel this is Off Topic , If it was spawn camping you could address it with current rules.  Forced application after 5 minutes pinned for instance.  I wouldn't say it's never enforced now.   

I view the original topic more as an attempt to address a type of gameplay some feel is detrimental to the server, and some don't.

It's not an easy line to parse and would be similiar to perhaps how the server might address a very good player suddenly acquiring a 8 ms ping and also becoming a regular house guest. 

Camping Mains is a different topic.  I often look at a reduction in spawn points to where the battle is between two points as a good thing.  Usually during a period of the less desirable camping where tanks may be perched outside perimeter and planes are bombing someone eventually gets out for a spawn.  If this doesn't happen, I think we all decided mutually that an Admin can say get out. 

The camping that draws the most complaints is when there are other spawns available for those doing the complaining.   They misunderstand the rule. In this case the camper may be flushing infantry goofing off in mains when they should be spawning up to push or hold what the team has and not get stuck in a hole.

Now..  I think we do pretty good at not having too much horseplay in mains.    A bubble in my opinion and you get more of that type of thing.

#20 Grassy

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:11 AM

Par does your original post refer to the main bases being camped?  Just curious

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com