Photo

geforce 6800!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 kaiserD

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:09 PM

what do you guys think of this new nvidia video card. it looks like this card will be able to run far cry...and it outperforms the radeon 9800 XT in most areas. what are your thoughts on this new card?

i think it looks nice, but will be way too pricey. much like the 9800 XT...pretty expensive. but if you have the cash, it would pretty sweet!

#2 kaiserD

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:12 PM

6800 demo video...

this video is pretty cool...i dont really like the music though.

#3 Tacit_K

Posted 22 April 2004 - 04:48 AM

After the utter failure of the previous cards and with ATI's relative dominace of the market as a result I think the card is way overpriced, it better meet or exceed all expectaions and even then by the time they win back trust among the disapointed gamers I think ATI will have something to respond and even dominate them again.

I have a first gen ATI 9500 and it was successfully converted to a 9700 pro with the tweek util so it is most likely not going to be replaced before the 6800 is in the $150.00 market. Besides I am still leary after the infamous open gl glitch that caused so much uproar, nothing like having your video card heat to the point of desoldering the GPU. It seem the Nvid can mak a great card but the drivers are suspect and the "dustbuster" lable it not likely to fade anytime soon.

I am also a bit disturbed by the power requirements 480w supply min with two independent lines for the video card alone? WTF you need to tack on an extra $130.00 for a power supply. The GPU draws 110w! But it looks like we will soon see 512 MB cards and 16 pipes so that is a plus.

#4 kaiserD

Posted 22 April 2004 - 07:36 AM

the 480 watt power supply is somewhat of a drawback. but 512 mb video cards should be coming soon!

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com