Photo

PVP Survival Public Server

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Silverhawk

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

The pvp server has been running for a while and a few of our members have been playing. The server is being made ready for public access. Our suggestion is as follows but we are seeking you input also for consideration.

1. Default installation of DayZ Epoch
2. Clean default database
3. A.C.E. Mod

Rules
1. Basic Moongamers behavior rules
2. No Hacking or server performance disruption
3. Server is PVP all is fair in love and war

This post will stay active but the server will be setup and open to the public a couple days after we get some input and make the final decisions.

Silverhawk & Enforcer

#2 LeadPaint

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

I fully support ACE. But players will need some training as the backpack system is a bit different. I'm curious how the two mods will mesh as well.

And I just wanted to throw out there that I fully support a server wipe, and sooner than later.

#3 Enforcer

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

ACE backpack scheme...sure..always down for some training so as to not lose things..

But, yea, basically a clean wipe and let's get on that server and see if we can get it populated. If we can, then we start charging for additional spawn equipment. $10 gets you an additional bandage and maybe a hatchet. $20 gets you a sidearm, couple of magazines in addition to the base stuff. $30 gets you a couple of gold pieces or something plus an AK to start or something..see if we can generate some funding for our community.

#4 Irish_Trunks

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

We may need to be careful on what spawn perks people can get. Spawning with gold would likely lead to others just hunting the crap out of the shoreline for those who've donated. That is, unless we can implement some kind of "spawn anywhere on the map, not just 90% shoreline" kind of script.

#5 Silverhawk

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

Suggesting random map spawn definately on the PVP server... default spawn unless they do the donation package once setup

#6 Xeylore

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

i would like this very much but would also like to see if we can make the trader safe zones safe so no sniper on the hill in the distance can just pick people off while they are trying to trade

#7 Enforcer

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

I would agree with a safe zone around a trader. Course, that means, they would lie in wait just outside the safe zone, but, at least you won't get picked off while actually actively trading.

#8 Irish_Trunks

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

Perhaps there's a kind of timer after being in the safe zone for a certain period? That is to say you can't just enter and leave it all day, but after a certain amount of time or after actually conducting a trade, then you have 30 sec to a minute to leave in which you won't take damage but you can't give damage either. With enough time, you can escape to anywhere without worrying too much about snipers.

#9 Silverhawk

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:18 PM

The pvp server has been reset to default and pass taken off it will be running and open to the public at 8pm central time. This server will change as suggestions are considered and decisions made. Admins if you encounter people that are disruptive to the server or game play ban them off the server, please make sure to consider things carefully and maybe talk to us if you need verification. Basic rules of the server are the base rules of conduct for moongamers plus no hacking or disruptive game play. These will be added into the server announcements.

#10 Sgt.Stahlman

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

I would like the ability to craft lock boxes. Safe's are a briefcase and large and very visable. Lock boxes are small, just right for a little stash, and easily hidden. Any ideas on how to do this?

I would think you would need like a cammo net, a combination lock and an empty supply crate.

Just a thought.

#11 Xeylore

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

well if you cant get a way to craft the lock box then how about making it a vendor item

#12 LeadPaint

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:31 AM

There is no night time on the server. Perhaps we can shift the time by an hour or so?

As far as storage goes, doesn't matter how small you make it when you leave vehicles around it. It will be found.

While I've never looted a lockbox, I know someone has two. Does anyone know of any other servers that make them craftable/buyable?

#13 Irish_Trunks

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

Agreed on the night time. I know several are happy with the sun setting about 2 hours prior to server restart, but actual night (no sun, just moon and stars, etc.) lasts maybe 30 min. and I rather enjoy playing at night, it adds a lot of change and strategy to the game. So maybe we can shift it so there's a bit more time for actual night?

#14 Xeylore

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

i really would like the trader area to be safe areas where you cant get killed while your trading / getting into a newly bought vehicle and would like a rule of no camping outside the zone to shoot them as there are taking off and thieving the vehicle the person is trying to sell anyone else agree with me?

#15 gensolo

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

The problem with this is how do you expect outsiders to know that this is an agreement, unless it scrolls through on the server text. Then you look at people wanting other rules to be started and enforced. The game is PvP, that to me means that anything can and will happen.

#16 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:27 AM

At least we can make it some code of behavior under moonies first(bandit or no bandit) don't kill people in trade zones. And if people get in we can tell them not to.

#17 Enforcer

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

I would point out that this is a PvP server. I would agree that while actually buying a vehicle, you should be safe. While actually buying medical supplies in Trader Bash, you should be safe. Once you leave the protected area around the trader, you are fair game. And that is what I thought I said somewhere as I have seen it on some youtube video of Dayz around the Hero trader. There were a couple of guys waiting in the woods leading up to the Hero trader. When another player was attempting to get to the Hero trader, the other players lit the vehicle up, killing the driver, looting the driver, the vehicle and then ran away hooting and hollering to themselves.

So, even if you put a safe zone around the trader, which I believe could be done and is only fair, all another player has to do is wait outside the safe zone and light you up either leaving or entering the zone. So, you'll have to come up with a plan to exit or enter the area. Either from a different, unexpected direction (Through the woods) or bring friends to scope out the area before you sell or buy a vehicle. I think that is where the teamwork comes from. Drop off two, three Moonies and they then, scout ahead and clear the area for ingress, or scout the area of departure ensuring it is clear.

I don't think we can implement a rule like this to protect your gear once purchased, even exiting the trader area. How far will the boundary extend? Will each trader be a different boundary? Bash is the field adjacent to the road..Starry is the concrete pad..the town itself?...Hero is the hill to the main road or the treeline...Klen is the main road or the treeline?

I don't know if we can do much except make the area directly around the trader a safe zone. If you really want to get a vehicle out of there safely, I would suggest you try and pick an "off" time to buy it and get it gone.

#18 Irish_Trunks

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

Well said Enforcer. While I can understand there being a rule among Moonies to not be camping out at trader areas, it must be understood that should non-Moonie players be in then you have to do really strategic team work to achieve such sales. If the immediate area is safe for the trade itself, then when you get in the vehicle you either have an escape route laid that you can haul butt out of or you fly up to a very high altitude before rolling forward. This is still PvP and you have to remember that bandits often work alone, so they don't get the benefit of having teammates help scout out areas or help overtake others. So does this mean that if you're a bandit you get to have extra health or extra weapon damage? Heck no! So asking for protection on a bought vehicle after leaving the safe area is no different than asking protection for a found vehicle. You've taken the risk to spend money on a lockable vehicle and you have to remember that it's a BIG risk. S'why I haven't bought a vehicle on the PvP, I already know how irritated I'd be to have a perfectly healthy awesome Irish Trunks truck putting around and then to log in to see it gone or destroyed. There are no real clear-cut advantages.

This is part of why I only carry the bare minimum around with me. Even if I were offed at a trader, I wouldn't have any more gold on me than what I knew I was spending. If killed, they may get loot off me, but it wouldn't be enough to really hurt me and I can recover, I just have to be really patient and willing to take the risk. Anytime I get near a trader, if I know someone could be nearby then I scout out the area before even approaching. And I do this every single time. It's part of why people rarely see me when around the map. It can get tedious but it always keeps me on my guard and on edge. PvP takes a different kind of thinking from the Co-op server and I have enjoyed playing on both immensely.

#19 Enforcer

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

Also well said Irish..

#20 gensolo

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:16 AM

That is exactly what I was saying. Once we decide that boundaries and limits are to be set, how far will we go with them? Someone will get killed looting a hospital for medical supplies, and then all of a sudden people will want a safe zone on hospitals? I am with Enforcer and Irish. You know what you've signed up for when you started playing a Player versus Player server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com