#1 shortY

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:39 PM

Please replace:

Iwo Jima with Guadalcanal
Tobruk with Aberdeen
Kharkov with Kursk
Battle of Britain with Coral Sea
Omaha with Berlin/Stalin

Maybe adding in some CTF maps once in awhile. Lets change this up please.

Thanks,

#2 moist armpits

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:10 PM

Nah

#3 bobby wiggle

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:07 PM

CTF C'MON PITS!

#4 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:43 AM

LEAVE BATTLE BRITAIN AS IS !!

no for the rest, sry.

#5 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:43 PM

Maybe rotate counter-clockwise?

#6 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:55 AM

Maybe rotate counter-clockwise?

AHAHAHHAAHAH !!! :rofl: :applaud:

#7 shortY

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:25 PM

Why wouldn't you just add all of the maps and rotate? It's always the same few maps in a row. It's about time for Omaha to go.

#8 Renlist

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:25 PM

Map rotation is okay, but getting stale.  More admins needed to occasionally change the rotation.   Stalingrad and Berlin have been absent too long.

Those are good maps when it's late and not many are on the server.    El Alemein and other large maps are ridiculous with just 14 ppl playing.

Nice new site.  I'm glad the backround color of this forum got changed from plain white.

#9 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:06 PM

Hi, also think is time to give all Moonies a fresh rotation. Can you consider add:
Stalingrad no tanks and CTF (one for the infantry)
Britain (one for pilots)
Aberdeen (one for tankers)
Guadalcanal for all

Remove: Russia maps.

Mix all that and hit run.

Troop

#10 King of the Squirrels

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:20 AM

Hey Everyone

Moon tries to run the maps the most of battlefield 1942 community loves. Several of standard maps are not that great and players go elsewhere to find a better map. There is always someone not happy with the map or rotation. I try and keep things fresh by taking requests and meeting the needs of moongamers. However Omaha is map that started moon and half our community loves that map and whine when they do not get the omaha. The other half does not like the map because it's more infanty. Its impossible to meet every play wants at the same time. Try by requesting a map and see what happens. Depending on time of day and sever population.

#11 Renlist

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:14 PM

I'd be curious what the win loss stats are for Omaha.  I'd say it's overwhelmingly an Axis win. Allied HAS to have talented players or it's a boring 45 minutes of Allies dying, which is the usual.

Battle of Britain is soooo  boring as Allied if you're not adept at fighter pilot.  That map is over in about 10 minutes max anyways.

I'm not adept at server side programs used to manage game servers, but why in the hell wasn't a server script ever made that could detect a server disconnect at map end and prevent that map from being restarted.  I mean, how freaking hard could that be?   It's a real shame when the server has 64 players and not one of them is an admin to bump the map along after a disconnect when  showing the end scores.  Why the hell does that happen as end scores are being shown????   Also, just how many admins capable of changing the map does Moon have?  Seems Moon could use more, but getting qualified ones could be a chore.

#12 Renlist

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:58 AM

EA discontinues PB support for BF1942 !

(NO!  REALLY!!!???)

Pinned Topic.

Can an admin of this site bring this forum into the modern world, please?  Half the "pinned" topics are out of style out of date out of time.

#13 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:57 AM

WTF again ?

#14 Renlist

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:51 PM

nothing....nothing to say

#15 Lin

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:44 AM

I have something to say. Please stop hijacking others' topics and please understand that there are a lot of things to be done, and we have lives here. We'll get to it, in our own time. Right now I'm more concerned with continuing to clean and retrieve older files, get some of the mods updated and reinstalled, and I have two new puppies I'm training and caring for. I also like to get in a little gaming when I can. Have some patience!

Back to the topic of map rotation.

#16 Beerme

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:00 PM

Love the current map rotation.. I love your guys' version of bulge too with that extra allied map!  I agree with OP wanting Guadal!  If I were to give my 2 cents though, I'd say on Sundays, when its SW time, make them objective mode once in a while!

#17 Grassy

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:29 AM

Beerme,

We will look into mixing it up a bit, and give thought to your request, We like your idea of the objective mode on the SW maps and honestly we have put them in a few times.  Your input is valued, however sometimes things take a bit of time as we do things at MG as a collective effort and our admin team consists of members from all over the planet.

Thanks for your input it is much appreciated! 

#18 Grinch

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:26 PM

Thinking of reinstalling this game, I love ALL maps even Omaha if all the other ones are included :hot:

Kursk is fantastic as well, its so dam intense yet people who like OMAHA think its too hard, WTF.

Yes add more maps please its great!!  :bbb:

#19 dodgem

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:14 PM

Why the hell does that happen as end scores are being shown????   Also, just how many admins capable of changing the map does Moon have?  Seems Moon could use more, but getting qualified ones could be a chore.

Sadly we have little control over the map crashes, but we do (manually) log as many of them as we can to try to find the source of each of them and we have procedures in place to try to reduce the number (eg: not changing the set map within a certain time/tickets to the end of the round).

As for Admin capabilities:  all Admins can change maps and all admins can change the timer to add 15mins to a 45min round or to put a 10 min timer after a server crash to get to the next map quickly.  However, it is generally only Senior/Core Admins who are able to change the rotation as that requires a Stop/Start of the server.

And as you said, it is quite difficult to find potential admins and get them trained up these days.

#20 Renlist

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:42 AM

It  just seems that the game server program you're using could auto detect a restart due to disconnect,   detect it,  and simply roll onto the next map instead of repeating the same map.   Seems that would not be hard to implement in a BF1942 server side proggie.    It's not like it would take a genius to have the server side utility detect and correct when the server disconnects at end scores and defaults to starting the same damn map over again. (If a server admin isn't present to move to the next map).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com