Photo

Servers are moving!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lin

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:14 AM

Our GSP is closing and our servers are moving, we'll be announcing more information soon. We're trying to back everything up as quickly as possible, as we do not know how long we will continue to have access to the servers.

We have already leased a new box and will be up again soon!

Thank you for your patience, and I will update our Steam group page tonight.

#2 phace

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

Our GSP is closing and our servers are moving, we'll be announcing more information soon. We're trying to back everything up as quickly as possible, as we do not know how long we will continue to have access to the servers.

We have already leased a new box and will be up again soon!

Thank you for your patience, and I will update our Steam group page tonight.

Any update on when the server move will be complete? I miss MG! So few DODS servers left and yours was the only one worth playing on.

#3 Thirteen

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

We are working on bring up the old box on a new IP. I saw talk about it happening over Easter weekend. I'll check and get back with you all.

#4 Lin

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

We are back up on a barebones server; we will be adding the mods back in soon.

IP 64.120.56.205:27015

We made a Steam group announcement and event invite the night we came back up, it was Sunday evening I believe.

#5 D Day

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:02 PM

Is the server up? I can't see it when I search for Moon Gamers. How can I search for the IP in Steam, I'm a bit of a noob on these things.

#6 spareclip

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

I tried entering the server but I got the old version thing...updates arg...

#7 mattybeast

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:43 PM

last night I got an urge to play DoD but we didn't show in the servers list.
when I tried to manually connect I got the "this server is running an old version" .

#8 LeadPaint

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

Yeah I can't explain why its not showing up in the Steam server browser. But I've direct connected before with no issues... and just now got in with no issues through the favorites tab. Regardless, server hasn't had more than 5 people on it at the same time for over a month, before then it was 14 players max.. and that was only on Sunday. I wouldn't expect any changes soon as we still have no senior admins, and regulations prevent everything from happening.

#9 Lin

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

I got it updated and running again with Pug's help, just have to add the mods back in and update admins. I've been on burnout for quite a while, but I am getting back to the coding side of things.

#10 Lin

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:20 PM

Well, I found that I have had to search and find some of the scripts we used to use. The full files were either not captured in the download from the old server, or were never placed in there by the former IT person, so it has been a search, download, and replace type of weekend. I have about half of the scripts in that we used to use. And, since I forgot to test some of them, I'll go in now to do that. I'll list here the ones I have gotten back up and running.

Admins: only SM Admin is working at this time. It is a limited version of what we used to run for SM, so I will have to find an older copy of the menu I built for us and add it back in.

Medic: isn't working correctly yet.

SprayTrace: partially working but no admin actions can be taken at this time.

multicap flag support: is working, a single player on one side can cap a multi-player flag.

I'll work on fixing these first, then I will keep going. I'll keep posting here as I bring DoD back up to snuff.

Thank you for your patience with me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com