207 replies to this topic

#161 posi

Posted 26 December 2018 - 11:04 PM

Recorded December 24, 25 

http://youtu.be/UECylf_9SmM

• Eliminator likes this

#162 Doc_UK

Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:15 PM

There are some great videos here! Great work Posi, you've been driving this really well!

You even managed to catch me being a noob again in my recent visits!

I've likely posted this before many years ago, but I'll put it here in case you folks have not seen it.

A Day At The Beach

Recorded back in the old days of Moongamers Omaha CQ, excuse the resolution. Clips from several hours worth of games compiled to tell a story.

https://youtu.be/OuTjL_iXmqM

• posi and Highway Man like this

#163 posi

Posted 29 December 2018 - 11:25 PM

Thank You sir for the compliment.  I consider it a privilege.

I'm afraid the link to the memory lane video "A Day At The Beach"    is 404.  It may be regionally restricted or something.

You appear at @ 4:13 in Carpe Diem ( I had to look ) , It would surely have been your focus that shifted the camera to the incoming tank.

Viewers are encouraged to watch in 1080.  This is 'in game' clarity and player names can be read from their tags. Settings is the gear icon on the bottom right of the your screen. 

#164 Doc_UK

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:53 AM

Hmmmm, try that video now, I've made it public.

• posi likes this

#165 posi

Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:03 PM

Stay tuned, I have a new contribution in the works.   I am chipping away at it.  Started with 99 scenes.  

Tips for Editing Videos

1.  Save the project constantly.  

2.   A first pass edit consist of forming the scenes.  Cut out any wasted video but leave enough for the story.  A moment to show the player or you walked from A to B and then BOOM happened.  ( But mostly BOOM happened )

( It is good idea to add a small amount of space at your start points and end points.  When you add transitions later, the extra bit will be the part blurred into the next scene. ) 

3.   The second pass edit is your creative vision.  You might delete scenes to form a theme or mini-themes.  You might rearrange them or bring in prior scenes that match.  Here, you can nibble at the creation, making changes and saving the project constantly to preserve them as your time permits.

4.   Inspect your raw video.  You do NOT want to make any additional changes to it after adding overlays.

5.   If you wish to add a Title or Logo at the beginning or at end.  Now is the time.

6.   Transitions.  Add them on every single scene.  I prefer some type of crossfade and will often use the same transition throughout.  Doing this before all video edits are done can cause scene loss or audio shift, or.. just make the software puke.

7.   Add captions and supplemental graphics.

8.   Save in High Definition.  Upload.  

• mistamontiel likes this

#166 mistamontiel

Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:21 PM

This is regards to Vegas v14? Always is a lot for me take in the rendering part so many formats to choose

For the most part I always hit match source media, funny that I YT unrendered footage raw captures and it artifacts it

Maybe yet I'll finally get a fancy GPU and the case and beefy PSU to support it (bottom-mounted now!?), one that support H264 encoding apparently being lossless and less the space

#167 posi

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:17 PM

I use windows movie maker.  I thought my tips might be fairly relative across software.  Memory is what you want for editing.  I cued up far to much footage at once on this current project. With 8gb memory there is a lot of wait time in any processing at all.  Usually I don't have 1/3 as much footage loaded into the editor at once.  The weakness of WMM is not being able to merge two projects.  Enabling you to work on pieces and then join them.  I'd add that I am on a Windows 7 system and any newer version of WMM will not be suited for editing 1942.   I do feel I have an advantage with software dated to the game.

The only time I artifact is when the activity on the field pushes the limit on what I can capture.  I.. enjoy capturing that and those bits get uploaded.

I'd hope to release by this Saturday.       

#168 mistamontiel

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:10 PM

ooo yeh Movie Maker has been done away with for Win10

Look forward to that

#169 posi

Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:29 AM

This Video was uploaded to Moongamers Facebook page with game audio only. 

Rather then leave it as an 'exclusive' , backing tracks were added and I uploaded to my YT channel. 

This features the 2x font.  Player names are much more visible.  Backing Tracks :  Highway Man & Moon Baby 

( Not sayin nuttin it just ended up that way ! ) 

Enjoy Highlights from Secret Weapons Sunday 

• mistamontiel, Eliminator, Highway Man and 1 other like this

#170 mistamontiel

Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:39 PM

w0w0w0w0w 2x font is something you'd only use for speccing I take it.. on nother note, how does BunkPuster feel about it

#171 posi

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:32 PM

All it does is enlarge what you can already see. It doesn't make game tags show up earlier or for the other team and does nothing under zoom.  This d/l is on same level as the blood patch.  It is a top thread for download on the aX server.   

All that being said..  yes I had to check with our Administration team before installing.   

#172 Highway Man

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:47 PM

So I'm a backing track now?
Glad I'm appreciated...

#173 posi

Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:58 AM

Test burn was  Godsmack, Ministry, Collective Soul.   I wasn't happy. 

Insert Greta Van Fleet ( Highway Tune ) , Move Godsmack ( Moon Baby )  to the second half  ..   I was happy. 

I guess the actual song name of song is 'Highway Tune'.   Happy that YT allowed it with monetization to the band(s) .  I love the song and recall hearing parts of it in a commercial.  I was thinking it the monetization might be available after hearing that. 

#174 Highway Man

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:48 PM

#175 posi

Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:57 AM

• Lonestar likes this

#176 Lonestar

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:28 AM

This Video was uploaded to Moongamers Facebook page with game audio only. 

Rather then leave it as an 'exclusive' , backing tracks were added and I uploaded to my YT channel. 

This features the 2x font.  Player names are much more visible.  Backing Tracks :  Highway Man & Moon Baby 

( Not sayin nuttin it just ended up that way ! ) 

Enjoy Highlights from Secret Weapons Sunday 

awesome videos posi! i love watchin these and seeing all the regulars killin each other. you definitely captured some good footage. i couldnt tell if i was in there or not but seeing some familiar names was really cool.

:yourock:

• posi likes this

#177 posi

Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:32 PM

@ 0:28 you are in the middle of the pack.   You were in a cut scene executing Josie after his kill streak.  I felt so bad for him it didn't make final cut.   Pardon typo in closing credits.  Easy re-upload but It was a small thing so I just left it.  Gaming keyboard with cramped keys often mispells for me and I don't catch it until too late.  

4 Scenes of Aghelia will appear on Facebook later in the week.   I'll try and get in for some more capture soon.

Especially on days when so many choose to play this classic game and join our server!

#178 posi

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:43 AM

In 2002 the age of the Competitive E-Sport was at its peak. Unreal Tournament, Quake Doom and the king of them all Battlefield 1942. Each of these franchises continued but the business side of things removed competition and teamwork. The only business in Battlefield 1942 is the Monkey Business you see right here!

Recorded in Resolution of 1440 * 900 , HD Video , 2x Font

Edit : Sequential - Interlaced ( I know what that means , no one else has too )

Monkey Business

https://youtu.be/Vt9b1RFR538

#179 Lonestar

Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:16 PM

Monkey Business

https://youtu.be/Vt9b1RFR538

another good one posi. i'm really enjoyin these.

me and coffee shootin a plane out of the sky at :27 ... so nice :bancow:

and then we got zooked at :43 LOL frickin max

• posi and coffeeassassin like this

#180 Colonel Tavington

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:00 AM

No one ever watches anything Lonestar posts :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com