Photo

Difference between TDM and CQ?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 No One

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:50 AM

Ok I'm being a total newbie here but whats the difference between TDM and CQ on the 1942 servers.

I'm guessing TDM is deathmatch and CQ is conquest but other than the names and the slight difference in rules whats the difference?

I've been playing on the TDM server but I haven't figured out how or if you actually win. Is there someone that could fill me in on this?

I've also noticed that sometimes there are airplanes and sometimes there are not and sometimes there are other maps playing. Could someone give a brief explaination?

Sorry for all the questions. Still trying to get things figured out.

Thanks!

#2 BrEEd

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:02 PM

In TDM (Team Deathmatch), Allies start with the Beach and the Axis Main Base is non-capable (which I'm sure you've noticed. These games usually go on for a few hours because the tickets count up to 2700. In CQ (Conquest), the Allies have to storm the Beach and try to cap it. Both the Middle Base and Axis Main Base are capable, hence why it's the Allies job to push the Axis back. First team to reach 0 tickets loses.

No one really wins in TDM, players usually just try to obtain the highest score they can by the time the tickets reach 2700. We usually say whichever team reaches 2700 first is the winner, though.

Sometimes there are airplanes present because it is Mod Night. It usually takes place Saturday Night and proceeds into Sunday. We cycle through Berlin, Stalingrad, Market Garden, and Para Omaha (no explosives or fall damage, of course) and then usually move onto whatever map the players want. Para Omaha, by the way, is where there is a plane above Middle Flag for both teams and they can parachute down.

I'm not sure if you have TeamSpeak but it's definitely something you should take part in. If you have a mic it's all the better. If not, listening is perfectly acceptable.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

#3 dodgem

Posted 23 March 2007 - 01:02 PM

And on TDM, there is no team damage, whereas on CQ there is.

Para Omaha (the mod) has stationary planes (b17s) above the middle base (one for allied, one for axis)

There is another newer omaha mod with stukas and mustangs, which you can actually fly. So there are 2 plane omaha mods for you to play on the weekends

#4 Mawa [NOR]

Posted 23 March 2007 - 01:34 PM

... and don't forget. TDM has friendly fire off, while on CQ it's on ;)

#5 Hartley

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:07 PM

TDM is fun, whilst CQ is not.

ANd TDM players are naturally better, which is why Gametracks doesnt track us.

#6 Fuel §

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:34 PM

In short

CQ FTW

and just to prove it look at game-monitor. CQ is ranked higher overall :P

#7 No One

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:03 PM

Thanks!

That makes much more sense now.

I enjoy playing I just couldn't figure out some of those things.

One more question.

I was on the TDM server last night playing axis and I made it clear down onto the beach and I was running around and I realized that I ended up right where there is a spawn point. I know there is a rule about no det pack on spawn points but is it ok to start shooting people that just spawned with any other weapon? I mowed those people down with my smg then I realized thats kind of spawn camping and moved away so I apologize if its not ok and it definitely won't happen again if its not ok.

Thanks!

#8 Hartley

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:30 PM

Thanks!

That makes much more sense now.

I enjoy playing I just couldn't figure out some of those things.

One more question.

I was on the TDM server last night playing axis and I made it clear down onto the beach and I was running around and I realized that I ended up right where there is a spawn point. I know there is a rule about no det pack on spawn points but is it ok to start shooting people that just spawned with any other weapon? I mowed those people down with my smg then I realized thats kind of spawn camping and moved away so I apologize if its not ok and it definitely won't happen again if its not ok.

Thanks!

Spawn camping is allowed, even with expacks (I think, Ive never heard of that rule(on TDM))

#9 dodgem

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:06 PM

Spawn camping is allowed with any weapon. Just make sure you don't excessively beat up the Jeep spawn with the defguns on tdm (ie: Position the defgun, put something heavy on the mouse, and go have dinner) :)

#10 No One

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:36 PM

Ok thanks!

I've never shot the defgun. Seems like you are too far away to have any fun. I like it up close and personal.

Just thought of another question.

Is it possible to call in artillery? If so how do you do it? I always see the messages about artillery needed but I'm not sure if someone is just talking or you can actually call in artillery.

Sorry for all the questions. Still trying to get things figured out.

Thanks for the info!

#11 Jason Bourne

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:40 PM

As a Scout, press 5 or whatever button you have your binoculars set to. Right click, and left click on your target. If the man in the artillery is good, and the spot is decent, your target should come under fire soon.

#12 dodgem

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:47 PM

And you can accept the artillery calls in a: fletcher (ship) or defgun by right clicking. You have to be in position 2 (not driving) to be able to accept the artillery requests in the fletcher. Once you've done that you will get an overview of the spotted area and a vertical and horizontal scale to aim your gun more accurately. The camera will follow each of your shots aimed at the target so you can improve your next one.

#13 Hartley

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:50 PM

And you can accept the artillery calls in a: fletcher (ship) or defgun by right clicking. You have to be in position 2 (not driving) to be able to accept the artillery requests in the fletcher. Once you've done that you will get an overview of the spotted area and a vertical and horizontal scale to aim your gun more accurately. The camera will follow each of your shots aimed at the target so you can improve your next one.

Yeah, it doesnt actually magically rain fire down on the spot. (Unless evil len or General Ferra are in the ship)

#14 No One

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:52 PM

Gotcha!

Will give it a try.

Thanks!

#15 Why Two Kay

Posted 23 March 2007 - 05:09 PM

TDM r0x0rs on Saturday night.

That is all that matters.

#16 WTBass

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:24 PM

Now...keep in mind that on CQ it is fine to Tank Camp, and on TDM it is absolutely not allowed.

Tank Camping on TDM is where the tank is not visible from the beach...staying back out of sight from the beach and shooting at the beach or me running over the top of either ramp is a big ole no-no. You can move back from the ramp when your health is low and repair the tank or have it repaired...but don't sit back and get repaired all the time and keep shooting (especially at me).

On CQ, you can lay back and blow folks up all day long, but you are not allowed to be on the beach until the Allies have capped the beach flag.

Let's take that one a bit further....the axis can be on the beach when the match starts and give the poor allies hell (without tanks of course) until something very important happens. If the Allies don't have the beach and the tickets become even, then the Axis must move outside the perimeter of the beach flag so the Alliies can take the flag and continue on with business...

There is so much more (especially fun on the beach)! Welcome to MoonGamers!

p.s. If I screwed any of the above up...flame/straighten me out. All the rules run together sometimes...

**edit** p.s.s. I prefer TDM weekdays and Friday nights...CQ on the weekends!

#17 RockyTop

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:38 PM

Welcome to Moongamers

#18 ®ev

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:10 PM

LMAO...come to the CQ server and show us your 1337 skills...I will personally give you a warm welcome; land, sea, or air. ;)

#19 Tiny Grose

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:15 PM

soooooooooooo u say tdm players are a lot better then cq players right??

i highly disagreee on this one point

ff off
with that being off all u see is players running around on the map throwing nades at there feet and also into crowds of team mates......... now if that's real talent then please i am in the wrong server

don't get me wrong there is good talented pple that play on tdm but don't go and run ur mouth saying tdm is so much better cuz it's not

yeswe have tank campers but umm who cares??? more challenge i guess

come to cq hartley and stay awhile i'll be glad to show u what cq is all about in the air or on the ground which ever u like if u think ur good enough...............

#20 ®ev

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:16 PM

Even with tank campers...some of us can still make our way to the top without any rules. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com