Photo

Whats your Win Vista system score?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 Kolhozik

Posted 04 January 2007 - 04:26 PM

Mine is 4.4

My friend has DuoCore P4 with GeForce 7800 SLI vid cards, and Raptor HDD, and his score is 4.7. haha so i guess my sys is not that bad. lol

Attached Files

#2 Rawzon

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:36 AM

how would one find this out?

#3 Agent Mulder

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:44 AM

Whats a win vista.

#4 Kolhozik

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:04 AM

how would one find this out?

Click on Start, Control Panel, open System and Maintanance. Under System you'll see "Check your computer's Windows Experience Index base score", click on it. Thats it.

Whats a win vista.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/

#5 Furious_DC

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:32 AM

System and Maintenance?? I've never even heard of this control panel before. I don't have it.
NVM your using Catagory view. Anyway in the system cpl, I don't see what your talking about. I must not have this stuff, I'm using x64

#6 Why Two Kay

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:01 AM

You have to be using Vista to see that people.......

#7 ijakings

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:22 AM

There is a program which is accepting beta signups on Microsoft Connect that will assess 1 or many networked PC's to tell them what they need to do to get a Standard or premium windows vista experience. But the one above is just if you have vista already installed.

#8 Rawzon

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:20 AM

how did you guys get vista? that site said its not out till the 30th

#9 ijakings

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:54 AM

Its a public beta.

#10 pest control

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:04 PM

there was a score tool that you can check fom Windows xp, i now i did download it but i cant find the link now, it looks like they took it off

#11 Rawzon

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:27 PM

anywhere i can get this beta? i'd like to try it out before i spend the cash on it

#12 Uncle Bill

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:04 PM

or they stole it from the microsoft lunch lady...

#13 Furious_DC

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:41 PM

anywhere i can get this beta? i'd like to try it out before i spend the cash on it

Like you'll have a choice whether to upgrade or not. After awhile nothing will run on xp anymore.

#14 Kolhozik

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:22 PM

how did you guys get vista? that site said its not out till the 30th

I have a friend with developers access, and 10user licence. hehe

Its a public beta.

Mine is a final release Vista Ultimate.

Vista is pretty cool, i like it. But... there is nothing out there made for Vista, so its pretty useless right now. My BF2 does not work on it. One thing that i like the most is that no matter what you connect to your Vista running PC, it already has a driver for it. You dont need to install any drivers for your printer, digi cam, phone, or whatever. Vista has a huge driver library implemented in it.

If you want to try it out, make sure you install it on a separate hard drive. Cause you will not be able to roll back. But it will save all your documents, installed programs, OS, etc in a separate folder.

#15 demonicwolf

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:31 PM

ill wait for the final version when ever that is released god only knows how many computer parts on my pc might actually support the darn thing.

i think ill just wait and save some hassle :P

cool that you got vista tho kol. just not ready for me yet :D ( vista reminds me of millionium that windows did after 98 lol xp is fine for me thnx :) :D :P

#16 Kolhozik

Posted 05 January 2007 - 06:48 PM

Well, if any of you are interested in Vista, i suggest upgrading your ram to something over 2Gbs. I have two, and its not enough, if you wanna run games on it.

#17 TheL3gend

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:20 PM

1 Gig is fine for any of the versions if you don't plan on massive gaming. If you do play games like 2142 or something, you will need 2 gigs.

#18 Why Two Kay

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:07 PM

1gb is minimum for good XP use these days.

#19 ijakings

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:33 PM

Ive got 2.5 and vista ran well till I needed the space and reformatted the partition

#20 VetteDude

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:49 PM

Is Vista just XP with transparencies?

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com