Photo

Arma 3 Altis Exile is back up

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 CrDraggin

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:15 PM

Hi all,

Sorry it has taken a good amount of time to get the server back up and running.

I ended up having to re-install just about all applications to try and find the root of the problem. In a nutshell, when ithe x64 version was released for servers, I tried to see what kind of performance it would deliver (you know "shinnnnnnnyyyyyy"). I do believe this hosed the game files pretty royally including the files that communicate to the database. I tried several different things to a point where I was just going to wait for the new Exile to come out, re-break several mods, then build a new one from scratch. However, while waiting for some Arma 2 stuff to finish, I decided to dive back in and try a few more things. After about 2-3 hrs, the server is back. 

Bad news (or good news depending on who you are talking to), the server is wiped. We were already have several weird things happening that looked close to corruption, so this isnt a horrible thing. I will work with the admins and see what we can deliver for a gamer appreciation type of deal. More details to come....

------------

New Exile is coming... Soon. So heads up. I will not update the server to the new version until I finish and verify all is working. 

------------

Happy gaming and again thank you very much for your patience and understanding on real life too!

Cr aka Craig

#2 NativeWarrior

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:42 AM

Thanks again Craig! You rock!! As stated earlier for me it's fun to start from scratch as that's kind of what the game is about!

• CrDraggin likes this

#3 turbo

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:47 AM

Thanks Craig. It's all good. Starting over adds to the fun sometimes. Hell I lost 1.5mil pops tabs on the Altis server cause I kept getting the memory error glitch. I think we all just want a fun place to play with cool people, hence why we're all here 😊
  • CrDraggin likes this

#4 Blitz

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:57 AM

Thanks a ton, Craig. Guess it's time to get the grind up again!

• CrDraggin likes this

#5 turbo

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:49 PM

I can't seem to find it on the A3 launcher

#6 BOVA

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:26 AM

Thanks Craig much appreciated. I can't find it on launcher either.

#7 turbo

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:15 AM

Oh and Craig as much as I enjoy the winter Chernaurus map. It didn't seem like anyone else really did so you don't have to bring it back if it's a hassle

#8 ComradeFrost

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:08 PM

Oh and Craig as much as I enjoy the winter Chernaurus map. It didn't seem like anyone else really did so you don't have to bring it back if it's a hassle

Well, in reality it had higher online numbers than the Altis one at times, largely due to 3-4 of us playing on it pretty much daily.

The hassle is a consideration though, especially with another update chomping at the bit.

#9 Randigar

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:24 PM

oh yeah Craig it's not on launcher :)

#10 CrDraggin

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:12 AM

on winter chernarus. I really liked the map and think it could turn into something very fun. I will look into that one when I get back and hopefully a new exile will be released by then. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com