Photo

CTF

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Hornet

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:06 PM

Letting players decide on which map is next is not an easy endeavor. Half the time, no one will respond when the admin asks, and the other half of the time they spam 10 different map choices. Sometimes the same player will spam their choice every 10 seconds or so in an attempt to make it look like their choice is the most popular choice. Because of this, sometimes you may see the admin just take whatever the first opinion was. If they don't, the following 5 minutes could be filled with going back and forth on options within the chat, which is disruptive to the current round. I'm not saying that it can't be done, but it's pretty rare for "mapvoting" to be civil and orderly when an admin asks for general server population opinion.

Source: I was an admin for years.

#22 Angerfist

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:31 PM

Who is you ? :D

But seriously, Hornet is right. Map vote doesn't work.

#23 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

why don´t we play just Homaha... it seems server just care for infantary players.....

#24 LeftMouseShoot?

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

Moist I'm not picking on you when I say this, quite frankly I do not remember which admins are guilty...
But I've generally seen requests get ignored for what an admin wants.

Player: "Lets do Berlin CQ"
Admin: "Great idea!"
*10 other players blurt requests, 3 or 4 all request bulge lets say*
Admin: "OK next map Berlin CQ"

... not listening to the majority vote. And those who do not voice their opinion in game cannot be spoken for (they do/do not want requested map).
As far as the comment on admins babysitting the server, thats their job. Don't like babysitting? Don't be an admin.

Definitely not the Admins "Job" to babysit, they're here to help out the gamers who want to play. I know I can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but I do understand that they have volunteered their time to patrol server while playing. It would suck to love this game and get stuck spending the whole map ghosting to find trouble makers. Honestly, props to admins for putting up with people like me :)

#25 shortY

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

So, can we re-vote doing the expansion packs on Sunday? Or any solution on adding some more CTF maps once in awhile. A 20 min round is perfect for a CTF map once in awhile.

#26 Harriet Tubman

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

Revote plz

#27 shortY

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:24 AM

So, a re-vote on the expansion packs for Sundays?

#28 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

DONT MESS WITH XPACKS ON SUNDAY !!!! LET IT BE AS IS NOW.

YES ADD SOME CTF AND OBJECTIVE MODE MAPS.

#29 mistamontiel

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:57 AM

Berlin CTF turns into the funniest madhouse ever 100% of the time

Just sayin

#30 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:31 AM

Go revote in another thread.

I'd appreciate it if someone with the power to make CTF part of rotation could chime in here.

#31 shortY

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:37 AM

Go revote in another thread.

I'd appreciate it if someone with the power to make CTF part of rotation could chime in here.

I agree

#32 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

Still waiting on a response from someone with a core tag.
Any chance of CTF ever going back into normal rotation?

#33 posi

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:24 PM

The playerbase is not being ignored in any way shape or form. I have set many maps and if there was ever a time I set thinking about what I personally wanted I have long since forgotten that day.

As one of the deck hands here I started doing this back when we had mutiple 1942 servers. Looking at what was playing on the other server was a rule, now we might not only look at what we have played, but what has played elsewhere before choosing the next map.

Thought is put into this by the admin team and your never going to go too long without something. You can speak to the highest ranking admin here and request a rotation change but know that the admin team is also looking at overall server health. They will listen to what we have to say as well.

and what I have been saying here , is go ahead and run CTF and TDM.. it is something that we will be doing. I do not want to see it in rotation at this point. Now if the nightshift drops to 20 players , a ctf map.. well that can be a perfect thing.

What I'm getting at here is , as an means to an end... I believe you are better off requesting that admins switch in CTF abit, asking about what changes we might make to CTF maps to include them more... ask that admins run more maps and leave it in rotation less often. This is the way.

Anzio CTF, gotta love it ..

#34 shortY

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:30 AM

Yes, CTF!

#35 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:04 PM

I see El Al CTF has been played pretty regularly, and you have won my heart for it.
Now, I would like to get greeedy and push for other maps ran in CTF... :shutup:

#36 Renlist

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:35 AM

I mostly played Conquest during the heyday of BF42. One CTF map played in this modern era that was kinda fun was Battleaxe. Seeing a jeep with two soldiers and the flag in it get partially across the rugged battlefield only to see more hip players than me stop it...was kind of cool. I rarely played other than Conquest. If that map comes up in rotation as CTF, I plan to stick around, because I rarely played that mode during BF's heyday.
  • Hairy Russian Dude likes this

#37 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:57 PM

Haven't begged in a little while so here is more of my great and wise opinions...

I once again request that CTF be a bigger part of rotation, or at least encourage admin to run CTF during low population times.
Sundays lack CTF. And Sundays also have lower population at times.
For RTR, I feel Salerno and Croce would be much more fun ran as CTF as part of rotation. Croce (I think) is also close quarters for CTF and is perfect for lower population.
For SW, you can't go wrong with any map ran in CTF. Kbely is great in CTF for lower population due to its size. And I feel Gothic would also be much more enjoyable if CQ was cut from rotation and replaced with CTF. I don't know how hard it is to find time to adjust rotation, but for the SW run why not alternate one of the larger maps for CTF each week in rotation. Hell week 1, tele week 2 etc. I greatly appreciate objective mode being inserted but the server doesn't fill anymore so the only maps that have half a chance of allies winning obj is mimo and hell. Nest and tele are too easy to guard from a small attacking force.
For standard maps, Berlin CTF in low pop times is always a winner. Especially with nades off. Please encourage admins to run this more often especially at night. 6 on 6 Market is no fun.
Guadal CTF I find more fun than CQ.
Gazala CTF would be fun if modded up like el al with squirrel missiles.
If pt boats were added, especially of the turbo variety, I think Britain CTF could make a comeback.
Bulge in any mode is a winner.
I get Kursk and Kharkov mixed up all the time but the one that is a long strip is good for low pop CTF.
As much as I personally dislike axe, axe ctf is a good low pop ctf map.
But leave Stalingrad out. Stalingrad is poop in every mode.
  • -=TheTroopeR=- likes this

#38 Bryan Nerio

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:17 AM

The CTF is sometimes fun, sometimes not, always put mine explosibas loads (xpack) on the flags, making it impossible to carry the flag. The only map I like CBC's El Alamein.

#39 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:56 AM

The CTF is sometimes fun, sometimes not, always put mine explosibas loads (xpack) on the flags, making it impossible to carry the flag. The only map I like CBC's El Alamein.

Hola Nerio,

If you see that happening, as is forbiden to use xpacks to protect flag, then alert admin if one in, if not you can post at "The official "Admin On call" Topic" when is posted here, a message is sent to core and an admin (if avail offcourse) will ASAP check issue. Don´t call the wolf there, is intended to be used only if needed.

Regards/Abrazo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com