Photo

Moon's policy regarding advertising

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lin

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:59 PM

In light of the recent aggressive recruiting from our DoD:S server, we feel it is prudent to review our own policy regarding recruiting/advertising.

We do not allow active recruiting in the servers for any community other than ours unless it has been sanctioned by MoonGamers management. Currently, the only group we allow advertising for is FNF, as they have proven themselves to be good and honorable people and we, in turn, support them fully.

In addition, for those who play other servers:
We believe that variety is what helps to keep the spice in an older game such as this, and we know that playing on other servers can offer that variety. However we ask that you do not promote or advertise MoonGamers on other servers. We take pride in the fact that we have built our population by being a well adminned and fun place to play, and that we have not built our servers on the back of any other community. Nor have we had to copy other servers in order to be successful. We relish being unique, and we prefer to run our servers with class and dignity, and not having to copycat. We give back to those who help us, and we in turn pay it forward by helping others, as long as they remain honorable toward us.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

#2 Alvin Tostig

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:34 PM

Clarification please, is this MoonGamers policy or MoonGamers DOD:S policy?

#3 Lin

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

It's posted here in DoD to specifically address some recent DoD:S issues, but having class and dignity wherever you go should always be the norm, especially if you're representing MoonGamers in any way while outside of the community.

#4 duff

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:12 PM

Would u consider my ukcs-tag in my name (in the forum as well as ingame) as advertising? :unsure:
If yes ill change it instantly. No admin ever said sth to me about that so i never really thought about it myself until i saw this thread...

#5 Sgt.Stahlman

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

I am sure the name is fine. Thanks for asking, but we don't ask someone to giveup their clan tag or their roots to play on our servers or be apart of our community, so wear it I say. Advertising is giving out Info on another clan, or address to their website. So no problem IMO.

#6 Lin

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:17 AM

Your tags are fine, duff. The only time we ask clan members to remove them is when they are actively adminning for us, and must wear the admin tag instead.

#7 duff

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:39 AM

ok thank you two for your answers :)

i made an application as an admin for dods. If i should become admin ill change it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com