Photo

Rules Against Racism Must Be Enforced

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Horace Greeley

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

Racial diatribe on the Day of Defeat site on the evening of April 3 went unchallenged. There was no ban. I quit the game. I don't want to be associated with small-minded, bigoted persons. I know many of you share this view. These people hurt the site because it makes one reluctant to contribute money to a site associated with racism. I've been playing on the site for years and can't remember the last time I heard such idiocy. Lin and the admin staff do a great job maintaining a first-rate operation. Let's have zero tolerance for hateful behavior.

#2 Bullet-BS

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

Horace, rest assured we do have a zero tolerance for Racism. Can you provide any more information? Player name and a time frame of this occurrence. We will get to the bottom of this. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
  • dodgem likes this

#3 Comet

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:01 AM

I pm'ed Horace in reply to his posting asking for any information he may have, I have yet to hear back. If an admin did nothing as mentioned we need to know who and why. The logs show no written racial comments, what transpired must have occurred over voip. If anyone can shed some light on the situation I would appreciate some input.

#4 gensolo

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

I'm pretty sure I was on Sunday night, late as well. I heard no racism when I was on, but we can't really do anything when we have no details.

#5 Lin

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:02 PM

Racial diatribe on the Day of Defeat site on the evening of April 3 went unchallenged. There was no ban. I quit the game. I don't want to be associated with small-minded, bigoted persons. I know many of you share this view. These people hurt the site because it makes one reluctant to contribute money to a site associated with racism. I've been playing on the site for years and can't remember the last time I heard such idiocy. Lin and the admin staff do a great job maintaining a first-rate operation. Let's have zero tolerance for hateful behavior.

I emailed Horace and he indicates there were no admins on at the time this occurred in VOIP. He was not aware of how to get the player name, so we will be unable to proceed further on this.

To say that we "associate with racism" is in error; we do not, and our seven year history is one of zero tolerance for racism. However, what occurs in VOIP with no admins present will unfortunately go unchallenged; we are aware of this and we consistently add new admins to all of our servers in an effort to have them staffed as much as possible. This has been our method since we opened, and we will continue to do our best to provide smacktard- and racist-free servers for our players.

Thank you Horace for letting us know of this incident and we will do our best to keep the servers staffed as much as possible. If this happens again, you might check TS for an admin to assist you in the server, and/or send me an email at the moment it is occurring and if I am here I will go in to attend to business. You can also write down the name of the verbal abuser (it lights up in the lower right hand corner of your screen as they speak) or take a demo of the problems in VOIP, and post it here in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com