Photo

White hats/shoes/guns/etc Fix.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SabaHell

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

Did some searching. Last page of steam forums for DoD:S suggests this be added to your config.

Add the file attached to your DoD:S config folder located here:

E:\Program Files\steamapps\USERNAME\day of defeat source\dod\cfg

Confirmed with Lin that the fix does work.

Attached Files

#2 Comet

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:23 AM

I had a similar issue but in reverse. It all came to me when I was on an orange map last night and noticed when Lin was completely in a shaded area I saw her skin perfectly normal. The moment she stood in any light I would see black, not white. This was obviously a light issue, Lin suggested I type the command r_worldlights "1" in console. That didn't work so I tried "0" and voila...problem solved. The command was done in console, a file was not created and placed in dod/cfg, although I did follow up with that thereafter.

I spent hours and hours trying to resolve my issue. A fresh install did nothing, in the end a simple command was the answer. Thank you Saba for posting and thank you Lin for your foresight.

I'm back!

#3 Wolf68k

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:42 PM

r_worldlights 0 is what Saba's cfg does

#4 Lin

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:20 PM

At first I suggested that he try the r_worldlights "0", but then since his issue was a black outline and not white, I wanted to see if the "1" value would give him the white reflective issue that everyone else had. When that did not work, we tried a "2" in case the command worked with variables instead of on/off. That did nothing so it is an on/off value, and he tried "0", that is when it fixed his issue.

Warren has this same problem with the black outline, first one to see him and tell him how to fix it wins!

You can also type it in your console, but the more permanent fix is as Saba suggested, to create the autoexec.cfg and drop it into your cfg folder.

#5 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:35 PM

mine is fixed now :) ty

#6 Comet

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:40 AM

The original post mentioned we put it in our dod folder, when it didn't work my jounrney began. We now know it has to go within your dod\cfg file. Apparently it's an old bug that was brought back to life with the last update. I found it interesting the command worked for me in console without me having to create the cfg. If you go to console and type r_worldlights 0 and change the value you'll notice a difference immediately.

I have my game pimped out again with over 30 skins and 20 sound files...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com