Photo

dod admins for late night?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dj_spleen

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:56 AM

Hey guys I am currently in game with CSA, Iceman, and a few others. Its late night 2am cst, the server isnt full but we have about 16 players, and we need an admin. No one is awake. Outside of taking multiple videos of people, what can we do. We are experiencing everything from Racism, Homophobic comments, bad sprays, and just general "Doochebaggery".

#2 Redshirt

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:21 AM

Hey Spleen, I just woke up about 45 minutes ago and caught your post. I'd suggest posting a request for admin in our shoutbox the next time this happens. You don't have to go into detail there but it will catch attention, just say you need an admin on the dod servers. I assume you had already checked in TS and there were no admins around. I wish I had awoken a little earlier to catch this but thank you for bringing it to our attention!

#3 WTBass

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:33 AM

Spleen, it is very frustrating and I feel your pain...at 2 this morning I was definitely in the throws of sleep apnea and most likely farting! ;)

I have found that when presented with those situations that a level headed attempt at communicating with the asshat is about all you can do. Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. But when you realize that, it is best to keep to yourself and mute the tard. I think most of them will feed off of the attention once they realize they won't get the boot. The more you complain and attempt to correct the behavior, the bigger the kick they get and more smacktardiness will ensue. I like to give them a "Jesus loves you and I'll pray for you" followed by an immediate muting of them. Keep playing and attempt to have some fun! That will sometimes shock them into shutting the hell up. Tell other players that you are tired of it and have muted the offender...

Grab a screen shot and/or demo along with a status and hopefully they will lose the right to play on our servers. I hate banning and always attempt to communicate and correct the behavior prior to actually booting someone... but I guess that is something for a different forum.

How'd the gig go last night? :)

#4 Sgt.Stahlman

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:55 AM

Spleen. I was not in TS last night, but some nights I am, so if you see me, feel free to grab me at ANY time if you need assistance.

#5 dj_spleen

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:07 PM

I have found that when presented with those situations that a level headed attempt at communicating with the asshat is about all you can do. Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. But when you realize that, it is best to keep to yourself and mute the tard. I think most of them will feed off of the attention once they realize they won't get the boot. The more you complain and attempt to correct the behavior, the bigger the kick they get and more smacktardiness will ensue. I like to give them a "Jesus loves you and I'll pray for you" followed by an immediate muting of them. Keep playing and attempt to have some fun! That will sometimes shock them into shutting the hell up. Tell other players that you are tired of it and have muted the offender...

How'd the gig go last night? :)

I was nice, as well as Iceman, and CSA Sniper. we were all nice, but as you and many others have said thats about all we can do. The only thing that gave me pleasure last night was making sure I owned them, LOL.

The Gig was shortened, due to a possible spike of my drink. I felt really weird, and came home early.

#6 gensolo

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

This must have started after I left early this morning. We are working on getting a few late nights admins as we speak. Next time try Steam messaging one of us, or post it in the shoutbox.

#7 Col_Klink

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:20 PM

Spleen, sorry I've been out of town, I'm usually one of the late night admins. (Alaska time zone) as soon as I'm home next week I should be back on the late evenings!

Clint

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com