Photo

Custom Map Test: Marlky

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Perculator

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:12 PM

I talked Markly into a vote tonight and it beat out the stocks so we got to give it a run. We came off of Baum and maintained most of the folks that were already on. Here's the rundown:

Name: dod_marlky_winter
Size: Medium
Minimap: Yes
Type of Map: CTF
Flags:
- 5 total flags
- Middle 2 person capture in a church
- Each side has a tank fast cap, and a slower cap right near spawn

Description: This is a fairly compact, medium sized map. There's a good amount of open buildings to run through, along with some streets. There are decent sniper and MG spots on the streets that aren't overbearing. The map is basicaly the shape of a capital A with the spawns at the lower stems, each sides caps going up the edges, and the church in the middle. A street runs in an arc around the church with buildings providing access to the middle without having to stay in the open. There's also a sewer which connects the two spawn capture points with access to the middle.

Both sides are different, but are built in a similar manner so it plays very balanced. There's also some second and third story windows opened up in some of the buildings, which adds a vertical element in some areas outside which is a welcome addition.

Should play well between 12-32 players. With 32, it may feel like Flash which some people like that busy and some don't.

We ran a vote to see how people liked it. Of the 14-16 on at the time, it came through with 89% positive. I'll be tossing this one up again.

Here's a handful of screenshots:

Minimap View
Allies Side
Axis Side
Church and Sewer Access

#2 Redshirt

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:37 AM

Looks like a nice map, dark and wintery.....my kinda map. I'll get that one downloaded! Thanks for the input Perculator!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com