Photo

Custom Map Test: Aura

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Redshirt

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:03 AM

The second custom map I tested last night was Aura.

It's another town map, five flag points. On one side is a winding road with a tank and APC for flag points. On the other side and middle section is the town proper which has a dry river bed running through it. In the middle on one side is a bridge which requires two people to take. There is a second bridge which is destroyed, but can be jumped.

The map received a positive vote of 93%.

I personally like this map, it's good for medium to large populations. My only concern was that the spawns only had two exit points. While each exit was distant I could see the potential of a few players locking down the spawn in the open road area they both enter into.

#2 Perculator

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:55 AM

Nice! I think I've got this one on my list to try out sometime, so glad to see it got some play with a positive response.

Maybe tonight I'll post up my list of maps that I look at when I'm building a vote.

I figure custom maps work this way:

The first time it comes up, the early adopters are interested, but it's hard to get a vote passed on a semi-full to full server.
If the vote passes, people that voted for it and some that didn't will stick around. We can only do so much to encourage this. Some people will just see the download and bail.
If it plays well (>75% positive feedback IMO), then others will now have the map already downloaded, be more likely to vote for it if they see it again, and be more likely to help encouraging others to vote for it and stick around for the download.

Posts like this help to let the other DoD:S forum lurkers know what's good to put up in a map vote.

I'll try and update my list and work this into my votes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com