Photo

Sr Admins and their role on MoonGamers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 Lin

Posted 30 October 2005 - 06:55 PM

You have seen the announcements and you know the names...but what is a Sr Admin? We have been growing exponentially, and with this growth has come the need to delegate tasks that Core used to perform. As a player, if you have issues in game please take them to your Admins or your Sr Admins.

I can't say it any better than Enforcer did when he wrote the Job Description, so I'll put that at the end of this post. The Cliff Notes version is this:
- Sr Admins have the power to install, train, and remove admins, including Jr and Full Admins.
- Sr Admins are responsible for overseeing the particular server they are on, including but not limited to defining server rules, settling arguments, changing certain aspects of gameplay (i.e. maps, FF, etc).
- Sr Admins are the conduit between the server and Core. Does this mean that nobody else can talk to Core? No; we are always open to all for discussion and question. However, the appropriate first stop will be the Sr Admins for that server.

Here is the actual Job Description.

Senior Admins:
A Senior Administration position is just that, a senior administrative position at Moongamers. With the inception and implementation of the Senior Admin position, much of what Core does on a specific box will be taken up and carried on by the Seniors. The Sr Admin needs to be able to balance the Human Resources side along with the tasks that need to be completed in a timely fashion and in accordance to Moongamers standards, and still have some fun playing the game.

Responsibilities:

Admin Selection
The Senior Admins are responsible for considering and selecting admins for the server you are managing. Core Admins reserve the right to veto a selection if specific information is known about the candidate to warrant a veto. You are the senior admin on that game type, you should know by now, what we are looking for. The questions you should ask yourself are these: Do I feel comfortable with that player? Does he have a good head about him, and not lose it when he gets killed? Does he put in the time to be an admin (8 hrs./month)? Is that player a KDR or score hound? Will they be a "player" based admin and not an "admin" based admin? (I am admin, hear me roar!)

Admin Training
The Senior Admins will be responsible for training the new admins within the Moongamers parameters. You will act as a Field Training Officer for the new admins, clarifying the rules, showing them the ropes of adminning, explaining what they will need to know in BBO, or BF2CC, and walking them through the process. All new admins will begin their tenure as Jr. Admins for a period of not less than 30 days, and not more than 60.

Arbitrator
You will be responsible for settling any disputes amongst other admins, or players. If there is a question on a call, YOU make the call. If you need clarification on policy or procedure, by all means seek the counsel of a Core Admin, but as a matter of course, you make the decision on how the situation should be settled.

Rule modifications
If, as you play, you see a rule that may need to be revisited, tweaked, or otherwise changed, bring that subject in your forum you share with Core. It will immediately be tossed around some and in the end, and after input, we agree on a solution by majority vote. As you are in that particular game more than any other, you know that brand of game best.

Game modifications
If, as a Senior Admin, you feel the need to alter the basic gameplay of the server to include: FF on/off, map being played, modded map, banned words or announcements etc, please confer with the Core Admin prior to making such changes. Players of Moongamers have come to expect a certain type of play, and if that is interfered with, there may be negative results, putting Moon at risk for losing longtime and steadfast players. Core Admin will review any request with an open mind and weigh all considerations, but, simple courtesy dictates their knowledge of the change.

Moongamers spokesman
At all times in game, it is essential that you support the Core Admins, Senior Admins, Admins, and Jr. Admins. In game we must present a united front on everything, whether you truly agree with it or not! If you disagree with an item, take it up with the Core Admins in the forum you are provided. The Core Admin group with either debate it in that forum, or bump it up to their forum area for debate. As far as the players go, there will be no distinction from Sr. to Admin to Jr. Admin, you are all admins and should be treated as such.

Adminning in game
If possible and when present, an Admin or Jr. Admin should admin the game. Senior admins have already proven themselves in the admin area and should watch and tutor the newer admins, most notably the junior admin position. Senior Admins should with regularity review any perm ban and question the reasons. Were they valid reasons? Senior Admins have the absolute authority to overrule a ban and make it shorter or reverse it all together. In addition, they have the authority to make a temp ban a perm ban. However, great care must be taken in changing the course of another's Admin's action in that we do not want any Admin to lose faith in the Senior Management positions at Moongamers.

Senior Admins will be the main people responsible for their respective game types. When there is an issue with the game, Core Admins will hit the Seniors up for the answers. If the Senior does not know it, it will be encumbant on them to find out the answer. This will eliminate Core Admins for seeking the answer to a multitude of issues across game type lines.

The duties and responsibilities of a Senior Admin are subject to change as issues arise.

#2 cowhead_cow

Posted 30 October 2005 - 10:14 PM

hua

#3 Uncle Bill

Posted 30 October 2005 - 11:00 PM

that was soooo weak mike....more like HUAH!

#4 bondmaster

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:52 AM

Thats nice UB except YOU SPELLED IT WRONG! :blink:

#5 The Dirty Rat

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:53 AM

HUA HUA

#6 Jack

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:18 AM

Lewis

#7 USHA

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:02 PM

hua

#8 LITUP

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:21 PM

I am here for any admin who would like to talk. If anyone has questions, suggestions, or issues, please either talk to me in TS, or send me a PM! Thanks

#9 bondmaster

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:23 PM

:withstup:

#10 secchione di assassino

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:51 PM

HUA

#11 Tarawa/Troutzilla

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:03 PM

Coming soon to a TS channel near you.....but until then , any problems, questions, etc.... please do not hesitate to pm or e-mail me.

#12 Boondock Saint

Posted 01 November 2005 - 11:14 AM

HUA

(Boon also gives LITUP great gardening tips and makes a hell of an apple pie)

Edited by LITUP, 01 November 2005 - 11:33 AM.

#13 Boondock Saint

Posted 01 November 2005 - 01:39 PM

(note: discuss Litup at next Core meeting) :D

#14 LITUP

Posted 01 November 2005 - 01:41 PM

I know you wanna be like LITUP, Boon it is all good. I can teach you but I have to charge!

#15 John the Killer©

Posted 01 November 2005 - 01:50 PM

HUA.

I like it!

#16 DarkFall

Posted 01 November 2005 - 06:06 PM

hua

#17 Furious_DC

Posted 02 November 2005 - 12:34 PM

I thought we had to HUA only when it's requested.
HUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

#18 Oo.Brown.Guy.oO

Posted 02 November 2005 - 12:44 PM

HUA

might aswell join in the fun ;)

#19 SOCiAL Killa

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:03 PM

HUA. One comment though...the last point I found interesting, I (In my short tenure) have always been reluctant to Admin when other senior/core admins have been in game for fear of stepping on someone's toes.

Just an FYI.

#20 bondmaster

Posted 02 November 2005 - 11:22 PM

This is a volunteer HUA!

We like to give people the right to HUA at certain times :) :)

In response to that last posts, Seniors and core only "in-game admin" when they are the only ones on. If there is a regular or junior admin currently playing then he or she is running the show and the senior and core just play the game.

W00t!

Matt

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com