Photo

Day Of Defeat, what is it ?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

Hi, sorry to bother with this.

What is Day of Defeat and how can I get it, play ? link to download ?

#2 Bullet-BS

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

DoD is a steam game you have to purchase to play.

#3 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

DoD is a steam game you have to purchase to play.

I google it but could not find much info, some screenshots and looks mostly a infantary game.

Is a game you would recomend or not...

Will apreciate if who pay it give just a short detail of what is about and how many players in servers etc.

Thank you Bullet-BS !

#4 Xianide

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

Day of Defeat Source <--Steam store page for Day of Defeat Source, which requires you to install Steam. You do need a valid credit/debit/visa card to purchase it.

As for players, well MoonGamer's Mostly Stocked Maps server gets fairly populated, to almost max players(32).
I don't know about other servers though, most of the time, I'm on MG's Mostly Stocked Maps.

Would I recommend it? Yes, if your familiar with CS 1.6 , CS:S or even the original day of defeat.
I enjoy this fps more than any other fps that I have played and will continue to look forward for more sessions in the future.

#5 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

Day of Defeat Source <--Steam store page for Day of Defeat Source, which requires you to install Steam. You do need a valid credit/debit/visa card to purchase it.

As for players, well MoonGamer's Mostly Stocked Maps server gets fairly populated, to almost max players(32).
I don't know about other servers though, most of the time, I'm on MG's Mostly Stocked Maps.

Would I recommend it? Yes, if your familiar with CS 1.6 , CS:S or even the original day of defeat.
I enjoy this fps more than any other fps that I have played and will continue to look forward for more sessions in the future.

Hi Xianide,

thank you for the information, it looks nice as a option for BF 1942, maybe in DOD I can improove my infantary poor skils hehe !

Will research some more and for sure will join.

#6 LeadPaint

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

Sorry I'm so late to the topic... but to be clear. Day of Defeat (DoD) and Day of Defeat: Source (DoDS) are two different games. Day of Defeat was a free mod released for Half Life 1's GoldSource engine, Valve bought the team out (Began selling a seperate DoD retail), and later released Day of Defeat: Source for HL2's Source engine. With that out of the way..

Yes, DoD is solely infantry combat. I can't say that it will improve your BF42 infantry game at all, but I haven't played that seriously in YEARS. It has its quirks, to be sure, especially with the physics engine. Not a lot of official backing by Valve... relying on the community to give the game enough maps to play through a night. Though despite its issues.. I do still play it. Rifling in this game is some of the hardest twitch shooting, but is very rewarding. If Valve supported this better, and the gameplay wasn't so random... it would probably still be one of the best FPS's to date. However, modding this game to improve it is almost a mute point. League play still exists.. half dead.. but will not pick up a mod due to finding hacks built in to a competitive mod.

I can only recommend it on the grounds that it is $10 (will probably come up on sale sometime..), and then, only if your PC can pull at least 120fps consistently (I played competitively years ago on a 3.2 AMD and a Radeon 9800 Pro 8x AGP and pulled ~40fps. 3.6 quad and a 250 gts gives me ~250fps unless the map is poorly designed, and I'd never go back). And given that you still play BF1942, I'd almost recommend DoD over DoDS. They both still have small player bases.

#7 Enforcer

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

Course, I don't think we offer Day of Defeat, and therefore, would go with Day of Defeat Source.

#8 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

Thank you guys ! I will make my mind this weekend, is not that expensive to regret it later !!

only if I get my a...s pawned badly LOL :whippingsmiley:

#9 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

There is no jeeps to drive. :(

#10 Lin

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

None to drive, but you can hide behind them and dance on top of them. :)

#11 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

There is no jeeps to drive. :(

LOL then for sure will join so don´t need to worry of been ramed by your crazy jeep raids..... that if you dont hit a tree before :rofl:

#12 LeadPaint

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

Well, hopefully I'll see you in game. Ask me anything, I'm more than willing to help. I'd recommend avoiding the assault class like the plague. The MP40 and Thompson are too random, and do not teach proper movement.. making it harder to switch classes later. If you find someone is beating you, change to their class and try to emulate what you see them doing, though each weapon has its own style.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com