Photo

Battlefield 1942 server connection issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ace007

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

I was able to get on the other day, but now I can't get on. I can load the map up, but once I go to the choose a spawn screen, I get kicked for service abnormality. I've played on other servers, it's just yours I have this issue with. I have tried running in XP service pack 2 and ME/Win 98 modes ( which Win 98/ME seems to work better for me on Vista). I don't think I have been banned from the servers, just disconnected one day and now can't get back on. Please help as places to play are getting scarce and i love my 16 ping to your server :)

#2 Section8

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

Vista oh I love Vista as this is what I have as well. Provided you have set up your PB properly, you are not getting Firewall issues and your virus protection software is not interfering with the game, this is what I had to do per Monkey's instructions and it worked like a charm for me. (most of the time as you will still get kicked loading in sometimes)

Doing this off the top of my head and typing on a Mac while giving instructions for a pc. Stay back... this could get ugly.

1) open properties and compatibility tab. Check box for running as administrator and select "Windows Service Pack 2" The others will not work here to my knowledge.

2) Turn off your "User Account Control" or UAC by deselecting check mark and restart. (found in control panel)

These 2 things should allow you to be able to enter the game and play. As I said, expect to be kicked but don't give up.

Research the UAC and make sure you want to do this as it is part of the computer's security but it maybe the only way you are able to play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com