Photo

PC with Win7 restarts ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Racer

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

My DELL PC with Win 7 will start by itself after I have turned it off using "Shutdown". I don't know how long it stays off before it starts back up because it does it after I go to bed. It is for more than a couple hours though.

Any ideas whats turning it back on ?

#2 Warrior124

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

Your pc might have an option for auto power. If you can go into your Power Management section of BIOS, and see if you can locate something similar to it. If you find it, and it is set to on, you can choose to turn it off if you wish.

#3 spookyload

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Like Warrior said, check to see if "PME Event wake" up is enabled or "Resume by alarm" is active. If it is a Dell, I highly doubt you will see much in the Bios though. They don't make bios that users can modify much. Less customer support from user error that way.

#4 Racer

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

Like Warrior said, check to see if "PME Event wake" up is enabled or "Resume by alarm" is active.

How do I access it ?

#5 spookyload

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

Like Warrior said, check to see if "PME Event wake" up is enabled or "Resume by alarm" is active.

How do I access it ?

Enter the System Setup on the Computer
1.Restart your computer.
2.At the first text on the screen or when the Dell logo appears, tap <F2> until the message Entering Setup appears

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com