Photo

So you want to be a DoD:S Admin?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Lin

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:14 PM

This post is for our regular players and newcomers who have come to the forums from DoD:S to find out about becoming an Admin for MoonGamers.

We are very particular who we put in charge of the store. Your posting here will not guarantee that you will become an Admin for MoonGamers. However, in order to get started in the "get to know you" process, you can help by posting your bios here.

Game Name:
First Name:
How long have you actively played DoD:S?:
How often and what times do you play:
Have you been an admin before?:
Why should we make you an Admin?:

#2 spareclip

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:22 PM

Game Name: Spareclip
First Name: Aaron
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: 5 years
How often and what times do you play: mostly daily, weekdays 6-10 P.M. weekends vary, however my steam friends is open to admin help :)
Have you been an admin before?: yes, I have ran my own servers starting with the 502nd in regular Day of Defeat.
Why should we make you an Admin?: I'm a mature adult, can follow MoonGamers server rules, and can make on the spot decisions adhering to policy :)

#3 sniper43

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:24 AM

Game Name: C.S.A. Sniper43
First Name: Jimmy
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: about a year
How often and what times do you play: after 5 on weekdays when ever i can on weekends and late nights
Have you been an admin before?: no
Why should we make you an Admin: I stick to the rules get along with others that play dod able to make quick decisions that are with in the set guide lines

#4 SabaHell

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:54 PM

Game Name: SabaHell
First Name: N/A
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: Less than a year, played and admined various DoD servers.
How often and what times do you play: Mon-Thurs 5:30-11, Fri-Sun whenever I get on.
Have you been an admin before?: Various other game including CS: S.
Why should we make you an Admin?: I can get the job done and have what it takes to do it.

#5 YetAnotherCorpse

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:48 PM

Hello all,
I'm sure you have seen me on playing bf1942 or d0d and you may not like me, but i believe in being a team player and fair....maybe im prone too often but hey...
Game Name: YetAnotherCorpse
First Name: Michael,aka; Mich, Mike
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: just a few months
How often and what times do you play: eastern time zone, 9am to 2pm;avail if not in game, and 5pm-afta midnight most nights
Have you been an admin before?: not for a gaming server
Why should we make you an Admin?: I have the time to dedicate to the need, i have a fair sense and can play well with all types, when there are issues I do by all means make the effort to resolve them. I think the most important part of why, is the community, and the friends i have here....whom mostly are admins......
Regards,
MLB

#6 Cpt.Smiles

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:15 PM

Game Name:Smiles
First Name:Jeremiah
How long have you actively played DoD:S?:A week
How often and what times do you play: Tuesday,Fridays and weekends
Have you been an admin before?:Yes on a Garrys Mod sever
Why should we make you an Admin?:Cause I would love to serve such a great and amazing server and the people that play on it

:lol:

#7 Keller

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:52 AM

Game Name: [Wiking]Staf.Keller
First Name: Brandon
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: Off and on since 2001
How often and what times do you play: Most evenings after 5pm EST, Weekends.
Have you been an admin before?: Yes, years ago on a close friend's clan server. [Section8] Clan
Why should we make you an Admin?: I'd make a good admin because I have been around the Moongamers DoD server long enough now to know how great a server it is. Nothing ruins a game of DoD like some disrespectful person coming in and cheating/swearing/spamming. I play on Moongamers DoD server exclusively and log more hours than I care to mention each week.

Posted in Sr Admin forum Apr 3 --- Mushu

Edited by Lin, 03 April 2011 - 09:10 PM.

#8 dj_spleen

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:57 AM

Game Name: (->SDN<-) dj spleen
First Name: Andrew
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: About 6 months
How often and what times do you play: About every day between the hours of 9pm-6am cst
Have you been an admin before?: I am a SDN admin, and I have been an admin for asn clan for BF2 (snipers only)

Why should we make you an Admin?: Because I believe that I am a fair and just person, and I believe in following "house" rules, "House" policy. Yet still maintain a friendly atmosphere. I am a nice guy and treat people with respect and dignity.

#9 sniper43

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

Game Name:C.S.A. Sniper43
First Name:Jimmy
How long have you actively played DoD:S?:3 years about
How often and what times do you play:as much as i can
Have you been an admin before?:no
Why should we make you an Admin?: I play by the rules have fun and want to be able to show what i can do for the community and the servers

#10 MoonLight

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:35 PM

Game Name:MoonLight

First Name:Nick

How long have you actively played DoD:S?:October 2007

How often and what times do you play:Mon-Fri 3pm-12am EST Sat-Sun most of the day (take breaks inbetween game play)

Have you been an admin before?:yes

Why should we make you an Admin?:I believe rules are made to be followed not broken. I judge fairly and with no personal reasons. I have experience with being anything from a basic admin to a full admin to a Server Owner(as well as map creator). I can be on at hours no one else is. I know how to fill a server up and have the players have a fun time while playing on the server. Im an easy going guy who gets along with all kinds of groups of people. I will like to help out this server/community because i enjoy everyone that is already a member and most of the people who just play on the server and will like a chance to be able to do something and prove myself to the community.

#11 Link!!

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:23 AM

Game Name: Link!! The Hero

First Name: Evan

How long have you actively played DoD:S?: Approx 2 Years

How often and what times do you play:Several times a week, Mon-Fri: after 8pm /Sat-Sun: In and out all day

Have you been an admin before?:No

Why should we make you an Admin?: I'm well known in the community and have a great connection with the players. I understand the values of "Moon gamers" and believe I can represent and carry out those values positively.

Besides, if I didnt apply, I would never hear the end from SabaHell :whippingsmiley:

:monkeydance: :rofl: :monkeydance:

Thank you for your time,

Evan

#12 duff

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:56 PM

-

#13 gensolo

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:38 PM

Thank you gentlemen for your interest in moon.

As we process these applications, we encourage all admin hopefuls to frequently join TS and be active in the forums. These things, as well as your game play, help your case the most.

Every name in here is discussed but not all will make it, please do not be offended if you do not hear anything for not everyone can be an admin.

#14 Perculator

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:17 PM

Game Name: Perculator
First Name: Brian (but I've always just been Perc online...go with whatever)
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: Since sometime around 2001 or 2002. I played in early betas up through 1.3, and stopped around 2007 and played other games. Just picked it up again in the last couple months.
How often and what times do you play: In the evenings when I have time. I've got a 4 month old daughter that takes up my early evenings and my weekends most of the time. When I've got some down time, I'll hop on and play for a bit.
Have you been an admin before?: I was co-founder and co-operator of a community with similar principals to this one. We hosted serveral CS servers and I ran our DoD server. It's been a long time since I've admined though, so I'll have to learn all the commands for whatever the current admin mod of choice is.
Why should we make you an Admin?: I follow the rules and try to set a good example, I'm fairly good tempered, and I think I make reasonable decisions about behavior and rules. I think I'd be able to reflect well on your community and help keep the server clean and fun to play on. I'm occasionally on in gaps when other admins aren't around, which is something that I think is important.

#15 Iceman

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:14 PM

Game Name: Iceman (or Not Iceman depending on Link's mood)
First Name: Zach
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: Off and on since launch. Over two years total. Also played 1.3. Been playing here since April/May.
How often and what times do you play: Almost daily. 4 to 10 CST and on weekends when I can.
Have you been an admin before?: Yes, I was an Admin with Perv err Perculator on CS, CS:S, and DoD:S Servers. Like Perc, I haven't admined in years so I will have to relook up the commands.
Why should we make you an Admin?: Besides me currently following and enforcing the rules, I also believe in them. It seems like there are times when I am on and there is server population, but there isn't an admin in game. Instead of contacting someone through Steam, I could resolve the issue/situation myself. I would be a fair admin, and I know first hand what it takes for a PG server to be successful and I will do what I can to ensure a thriving server/community.

Thank you for your consideration.

#16 Skittmms

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:34 PM

Game Name: Skittmms
First Name: Justin
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: Played on and off for about 4 years, beginning to be more active.
How often and what times do you play: Trying to play daily, usually get on about noon EST and am usually on for most of the day.
Have you been an admin before?: Yes, but then the group I was in died so I didn't get to use it.
Why should we make you an Admin?: There have been times where there is a population in a server and there is no admin in-game for things such as votes and/or map changes. Seeing as I haven't been able to use admin rights/powers before I would probably need some guidelines to follow so that I don't abuse anything, but other than that I think I would be a good admin.

#17 LadyBadass

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:24 PM

Game Name: Lady Badass
First Name: Theresa
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: since 2006 on and off. Mostly on now.
How often and what times do you play: Almost daily between 4:00 and 6:00 pst. And I play on weekends Morning to afternoon
Have you been an admin before?:Yes back when I played HL2 Deathmatch
Why should we make you an Admin?: Well I was told I'd be a good fit. I play enough to fill a need for adminship.

Edited by LadyBadass, 16 October 2011 - 03:26 PM.

#18 GUINESS

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:46 AM

Game Name: GUINESS
First Name: ROBERT
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: SINCE REGULAR DOD WAS RELEASED I HAVE PLAYED DOD, DODS , TFC , CS, CSS
How often and what times do you play: EVERYDAY I PLAY USUALLY IN THE AFTERNOONS AFTER WORK FOR A FEW HOURS MINIMUM
Have you been an admin before?: YES I USED TO RENT MY OWN SERVERS AND MANAGE THEM AND SET UP THE MAPS AND OTHER ADMINS
Why should we make you an Admin?: I am very impartial and stick to the rules of the server and of the game. i usually give people 3-4 warnings before taking action on whether to kick or ban from the server. I do not tolerate hackers what so ever. I would spectate them and look for the know clues as to what to look for when someone is aim botting.

#19 Thumper

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:34 PM

Game Name: DOD:S
First Name: Stuart
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: on and off for about 3 years found this server about 4-5 months ago and just reinstalled DOD after an O/S reinstall, have played consistently for the last few weeks
How often and what times do you play: 3-4 times/week
Have you been an admin before?: yes
Why should we make you an Admin?: I have been playing on this server for a bit now and enjoy the atmosphere, I believe in and have been following the rules as stated. The reason I enjoy this server is the emphasis on fun rather that stats, I would like to assist the current admins in their efforts to maintain a fun server.

Thanks for your consideration

#20 Col.Krust

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Game Name:Col.Krust, aka My lil Pwny
First Name:Christian
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: DOD since beta 1.2 (2001), DOD:S since release. Competitively since 2002 until 2011.
How often and what times do you play:as much as I can work allowing, nights, weekends and sometimes daytime on weekdays. I no longer play competitively.
Have you been an admin before?: yes since 2002 at SunLit games (www.sunlitgames.net) junior admin (reference Rosie the Riveter on steam forums or that website), Mammajammas DOD junior admin for about a year ( last busy year for dod before source)
Why should we make you an Admin?: I would be willing to help out when I am in game. I am a big supporter of the philosophy you all have had during my time playing on your servers. It is similar to what we had at Sunlits ( a community not unlike your own) and it was why it became such a large part of my gaming life over the years. It would be very easy for me help support a similar philosophy on your servers. I have a fair bit of experience admining in the past. I am mature. I have had a long experience as a competitive player in several settings and am very familiar with the workings of the game. I once admined the main competitive community forums for DOD:S, at the request of a senior CAL DOD:D league admin for a 2 year period (www.trypants.com). I don't have the time for that kind of commitment anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com