Photo

Plot Pole

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Enforcer

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

The plot pole and decay are nearing the final stages of development and implementation. To that end, if you have not done so, consider getting a couple of plot poles to cover your building items.

The radius of the plot pole has been increased to a 50m diameter. I do not know how this affects the sky scrapers. So, if you put a pole on the third floor, does that protect a 50m ball around the plot pole. Does it cover the entire structure up starting at the earth level, as long as the structure is enclosed in the 50m circle? Still researching on that, but, may be trial and error.

How do I know what 50 meters is?

I used a range finder, and backed away from the farthest point I needed covered to 45 meters, and that is where a pole needed to go. And then look around with the range finder standing in place and see what is and is not in the pole range. For my base at Drakon, I used three poles. One for my main base there. One for my dock and the hedgehogs around my medevac, and a third that covers nothing more than some exterior perimeter walls and such I have in place. So, there you go. Begin to look at your areas and figure out how to protect them when the decay is turned "On".

#2 CrashMaster

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:11 AM

What is the decay rules for the plot pole? (never have had them turned on with that)

#3 Enforcer

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:12 AM

Well, as I understand it, at a predetermined number of days, your built items will become damaged to some small degree. And then it stays damaged until you maintain your base through a plot pole. If no one feeds the plot pole after a period of time, like 32 days, the items begin to despawn and leave the map.

As long as you feed the plot pole every 32 days, there shouldn't be an issue.

#4 Lin

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:15 PM

As it turns out, there was immediate damage to all light poles until the plot poles were fed. I did not know what was going on, and ended up spawning some light bulbs for DJ, thinking that AI had shot them all out. Turned out that my base was also very dark, and it turned out to be decay. feeding the pole 3bc to maintain Stary and Cherno does not seem cheap, especially when others were reporting 6bc to maintain theirs.

Also, feeding the plot poles restored the light bulbs but they did not appropriately shine until after the next restart.

#5 Enforcer

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:31 PM

So, that is the question then, do we control in what currency you can use to pay the meter? Can that be made into 6bc of silver?

#6 Enforcer

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:13 AM

Okay, I looked at my base. It will cost me an astounding 8 10oz bars of gold. Not too shabby..

So, all you sky scraper builders out there can just kiss my :butt:

I think it was working out to be about a ten ounce for every fifty items you have in place.

#7 Kord325

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:40 AM

Luckily I only have around 180 maintainable items, so mine will only cost about 3 10oz thank goodness :)

#8 CrDraggin

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:59 AM

So the process of maintaining has been turned on. Sorry for the lightpole confusion. This is not seen during testing since the test server restarted is in day mode. I have created a script to help with the light poles. So that should stop. Please report if it did not work as it already is in place.

How plot poles work...
This allows any player to maintain building items in thqt plot pole area (50 m sphere). How does it determine this? By running a script that places 11% damage on items after 14 days (used to be set to 3 days). This is not incrementing it just sets the damage value at 11%. After maintaining your base, you can maintain again after 14 days until 32 days, which once decay is turned on, will delete the items.

Current cost for maintaining items are as followed;
<= 100): ItemGoldBar10oz",1
<= 175): ItemGoldBar10oz",2
<= 250): ItemGoldBar10oz",3
<= 325): ItemGoldBar10oz",5
<= 400): ItemBriefcase100oz",1
<= 625): ItemBriefcase100oz",2
> 625): ItemBriefcase100oz",3

#9 Enforcer

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:44 AM

Oh, and also, as I understand it, there is no change given. You must have exact amount to feed the poles.

#10 CrashMaster

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:49 AM

Current cost for maintaining items are as followed;
<= 100): ItemGoldBar10oz",1
<= 175): ItemGoldBar10oz",2
<= 250): ItemGoldBar10oz",3
<= 325): ItemGoldBar10oz",5
<= 400): ItemBriefcase100oz",1
<= 625): ItemBriefcase100oz",2
> 625): ItemBriefcase100oz",3

wow why the large jump between 325 and 400? ...

btw I am poor in the game and don't have time to go chopper hunting very often (don't like missions due to time) so this is going to make it interesting to maintain my small base... =)

#11 CrDraggin

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:58 PM

It is by design to discourage huge bases unless you have the means to maintain it, but in the same sense we do not want to make people broke from maintaining. Usually you can find 1 chopper and about 15-20 min = briefcase. Or 1 mission, you can get 4-8 10 oz bars from just the guns. So it in theory should be VERY easy to maintain your base.

#12 Enforcer

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

Just need to find a time when there are not 17 people chasing missions. Is what it is though..I guess I shouldn't complain about a population..

If time is not a luxury you have, I won't suggest fishing then, but, it also is a decent way to make some gold with very little risk. Catch the fish, cook the fish, and sell the fish. Pretty straight forward.

Crash, you may be one of those who either has to room with someone, or not have a base at all..just a bunch of vaults at various places around the map and park your vehicles in next to a house or something..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com