Photo

a movie quietion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 bigbadbass

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:50 PM

ok well i have a katrina dvd it is 20 min long i was wontering what steps i would have to do to upload it on the computer so i can play it from a file in the computer and l8r put in in the forums b/c it is a great move but really sad and upsetting so i think yall should see it
<_<
plez help

#2 Noobie1 Canoli

Posted 13 December 2005 - 11:56 PM

ok well i have a katrina dvd it is 20 min long i was wontering what steps i would have to do to upload it on the computer so i can play it from a file in the computer and l8r put in in the forums b/c it is a great move but really sad and upsetting so i think yall should see it
<_<
plez help

What is the source of the DVD? Is it commercial?

#3 The Xevious

Posted 13 December 2005 - 11:59 PM

Alright, first what format is it in? AVI? MPEG? And what size is it? Most upload sites limit you (the largest ones) to about 100MB, which would take a hell of a long time to upload anyway.

Your best bet is to compress it in some way, DivX is a great format that allows small file sizes, yet good quality video using MPEG4 technology. A Quicktime MOV is also good if you want cross-platform compatibility, such as being able to play on a Mac or Linux box. Go with DivX, its your best bet here.

Here is a download link from DivX for their "Create" bundle: ---> Click Me!! <---

You will be able to use that tool to compress the video to a lower size, much lower size, which will allow you to host it and share it with us.

You can upload your file to http://megaupload.com/ , this website allows file at a whopping 250MB! Although, 20 minutes is a long time, you might want to edit that down into 2 shorter clips, then host them. There will be less of a chance of corrupted file, and our downloads will be quicker.

Best of luck. :D

Edit: Oh! It is still on a DVD, my mistake then. You will need DVD ripping software to convert it into a huge AVI file on your hard drive, which you can later compress using all that stuff I just posted above. Your DVD drive in your computer should have included some software to do this. If not, you can search either Google, Download.com, or other various websites. Steer away from 30 day trials, as they usually add a watermark over your video, which will make it less fun to watch. I dont know of any good ones off the top of my head, as I dont do much DVD editing. Try Easy DivX http://netti.nic.fi/...x/download.html , for more information read 2 posts down. ;)

#4 Noobie1 Canoli

Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:01 AM

If it's a DVD, first it has to be ripped. Unless the DVD is only being used as storage for an AVI or something.

#5 The Xevious

Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:02 AM

If it's a DVD, first it has to be ripped. Unless the DVD is only being used as storage for an AVI or something.

Yes, I just noticed that, and added to my above post. :D

Also, you will not need any "Decrypting" software, unless this was a DVD that was professionally made, such as a Hollywood DVD.

Try this: http://netti.nic.fi/...x/download.html

Its called Easy DivX, and it will Rip a DVD directly into DivX format, although I am not sure how well it does this.

Edited by The Xevious, 14 December 2005 - 12:04 AM.

#6 bigbadbass

Posted 14 December 2005 - 07:45 PM

thx and not it not commercial i would not do that :)
thx XEV..... what ever ull know if i can get it to work :)

oh lol i just noticed i spelled question wrong on the topic lol oops

#7 bigbadbass

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:24 PM

Alright, first what format is it in? AVI? MPEG? And what size is it? Most upload sites limit you (the largest ones) to about 100MB, which would take a hell of a long time to upload anyway.

ok tell me if i did this right
ok i opend the disc file from my computer and click and draged it in to my destktop...it took like 9 min i opend it and it has 7files in it (2 r Bmp files,3 r VOB files, and 2 r IFO files)
so i downloaded DIVX. i opend the converter icon and draged the file in but is says it is the wrong file type and it can not support it im stuck there!

so what do i do?

thx xev....for helping out i really what yall to see this video its great! and totally diff from what u see ont he news! its just great thats y im trying to do this!!!
thx again xev... <_<

#8 Noobie1 Canoli

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:16 PM

Alright, since it isn't commercial, all you need is a ripper. I haven't done this in a long time, so...I'll look into updated tools for that and point you in the right direction.

#9 The Xevious

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:34 PM

Try this: http://netti.nic.fi/...x/download.html

Its called Easy DivX, and it will Rip a DVD directly into DivX format, although I am not sure how well it does this.

To be simple: USE THAT

The files you copied were not DVD video, just the menu and instructions on how to play the video, for use by a DVD player only. This "ripper" program will take the actual movie, and take it off the CD and convert it to a DivX media. You should then be able to upload it. Like I said above.

Why use the <_< icon, it makes it look like your being sarcastic at me. :huh:

#10 bigbadbass

Posted 15 December 2005 - 03:48 PM

lol no that was describing me self hehe

umm here u go :applaud: thx noobie and xe....lol ill try that thank you

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com