Photo

Wednesday "what action" night...

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#1 Comet

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:12 AM

I'll be coming off a pair of doubles Wednesday night, I'll be home by 9:30 pm EST. Lets see if we can get a decent showing, by all means start early...what ever suites you all best.

Lets gather the troops for some mid week DoD:S "what action" fun.

...see ya then! Posted Image

Platoon road call:

-Comet
-Langley
-L3gend
-BuzKill
-wtbass
-Doc_UK
-Catfish
-Lin
-AnonymousFlash

#2 Langley

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:01 PM

I don't have lacrosse this week so I will be there.

Mosh Mosh Posted Image

#3 TheL3gend

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:54 PM

I'll do my best to be there, if not I will be in the server just to add +1 player count.

#4 BuzKill

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:00 PM

I should be able to join for at least a round or two.

Can't Wait!

#5 WTBass

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:02 PM

I'll be there...but I'll be on the Red side hopefully! ;)

#6 Doc_UK

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:34 PM

I'll try and be there but...
Working on Thursday + trans-Atlantic time difference = :bangin:

#7 Comet

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:17 PM

Understood Doc, if players join early enough in the evening you may get some game in.

#8 Catfish

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:58 PM

My cable modem has been down since I got home but fingers crossed it will be working tomorrow. If so, I'll be there!

#9 Lin

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:24 PM

Count me in!

#10 AnonymousFlash

Posted 31 July 2007 - 11:02 PM

I've got a lot scheduled tomorrow, but hopefully I can drop by for a bit. :)

#11 Hartley

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:17 AM

Im so there. There better be a Springfield for me when I join.

#12 Enforcer

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:08 AM

Drat. I have broadband, but, no game..I wonder if I can reload the game on this machine via my account? Hmmmm...

#13 Hartley

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:17 AM

Drat. I have broadband, but, no game..I wonder if I can reload the game on this machine via my account? Hmmmm...

I think you can.

#14 BuzKill

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:19 AM

I've used steam to load CS:S on different machines before, and had no issues. Get started now though because it can take a while to download games over steam sometimes. :)

#15 Why Two Kay

Posted 01 August 2007 - 12:37 PM

Just login and it will start loading the games. Pause all the ones you do not want to play, and just download the one you do. This is far faster than using disks.

#16 Hartley

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:18 PM

This is far faster than using disks.

That depends how how fast your internets are.

#17 Limpnoodle

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:20 PM

Depending on how the missus is doing, I will do my best to strap my boots on and get in the field.

EDIT** As soon as I posted I remembered we have family bringing us dinner after I get off work, I swear I have never eaten this good in my life. I will try to be on afterwords.

#18 Why Two Kay

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:40 PM

This is far faster than using disks.

That depends how how fast your internets are.

Not really, since Steam's servers give me download speeds (if I am lucky) of about 200 KB/sec, which even low 1.5mbps DSL can handle. The thing is that with the disks, it takes a long time to put each one in, for example I have six disks, and that's just HL2 and CS:S. Then you would have to download at least an hour of updates for HL2 and DoD:S after you've spent all that time with the disks installing old versions of many files.

It was useful in 04 and 05, but by late 06 it just wasn't worth the time.

#19 WTBass

Posted 01 August 2007 - 05:05 PM

I have had a tooth ache off and on for a few months now...so I go to the dentist this morning as I can't take the pain any longer and she thinks it's my gum/bone line so she sends me to a periodontist (who is a buddy of mine). She checks it out and as soon as she looks at the xray...she tells me the root thingy is cracked and the tooth probably can't be saved.

I go back to my dentist and she said..."yeah I thought so too!" which pissed me off.... So I then go to an oral surgeon who snatches the tooth out...lower right molar (next to last one) and now I'm in chimp monk mode with stitches. I'm so numb...but the cool part is it doesn't hurt right now...

The doc says in about 2 hours I'm gonna be hurting pretty bad so Mary is off to the pharmacy to pick up my drugs...percocet I think and phenegran.

So my point is I'm coming in game tonight hopefully...but I might not be in TS too long depending on the swelling. If I do something stupid (like yell at Buzkill) please forgive me in advance... but damnit I'm gonna be there!

What action!

#20 TheL3gend

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:19 PM

Come on in!

We got game! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com