Photo

Coming soon... IP Address Change

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 Renlist

Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:41 PM

If its no big deal about pings and possibly having to lead shots more, then why was the server moved to the east coast in the first place? You ask for public donations yet you decide that some of that public must now connect to a server on the other coast of the US which favors the owners. At least the Texas server was somewhat of a halfway point between the east and west coasts.  Not good enough pings for you?  It's east coast bias by the owners...SIMPLE AS THAT.  Further donations from me?  Ha! You can forget about that.

• Highway Man likes this

#42 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:44 PM

TO OTHERS: Please don't respond to Renlist until he reads comments that have been made to his posts.

If its no big deal about pings and possibly having to lead shots more, then why was the server moved to the east coast in the first place? You ask for public donations yet you decide that some of that public must now connect to a server on the other coast of the US which favors the owners. At least the Texas server was somewhat of a halfway point between the east and west coasts.  Not good enough?  It's east coast bias by the owners...SIMPLE AS THAT.  Further donations from me?  Ha! You can forget about that.

Go and read replies made to you before posting next time. This is THE LAST bullshit post based on you NOT reading replies made to you, that's going to stay in the thread you posted in. The rest are going to be moved into your Insane Ramblings thread.

• mistamontiel and Christine1 like this

#43 Renlist

Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:55 PM

TO OTHERS: Please don't respond to Renlist until he reads comments that have been made to his posts.

If its no big deal about pings and possibly having to lead shots more, then why was the server moved to the east coast in the first place? You ask for public donations yet you decide that some of that public must now connect to a server on the other coast of the US which favors the owners. At least the Texas server was somewhat of a halfway point between the east and west coasts.  Not good enough?  It's east coast bias by the owners...SIMPLE AS THAT.  Further donations from me?  Ha! You can forget about that.

Go and read replies made to you before posting next time. This is THE LAST bullshit post based on you NOT reading replies made to you, that's going to stay in the thread you posted in. The rest are going to be moved into your Insane Ramblings thread.

Replies? I read them.  Like how to lead my shots more or get in a tank? LOL. How about answering my question.  Oh ya, you did.  You want lower pings for yourself. To that end you moved the server closer to you. Why do you keep skirting around that issue?  What was wrong before?  You don't want to have  to lead your shots or get in a tank or plane (as in the "replies" you directed me to read)?  I'm looking thru you. 

It's YOUR server, do what you like.  If this was a public entity privately owned, you would have your carcass dragged before a congressional hearing as to you accepting public donations but acting in accordance to your own interests.

• Highway Man likes this

#44 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:18 PM

Go and read replies made to you before posting next time. This is THE LAST bullshit post based on you NOT reading replies made to you, that's going to stay in the thread you posted in. The rest are going to be moved into your Insane Ramblings thread.

Replies? I read them.  Like how to lead my shots more or get in a tank? LOL. How about answering my question.  Oh ya, you did.  You want lower pings for yourself. To that end you moved the server closer to you. Why do you keep skirting around that issue?  What was wrong before?  You don't want to have  to lead your shots or get in a tank or plane (as in the "replies" you directed me to read)?  I'm looking thru you. 

I'll highlight the answers to your questions below:

Renlist. I am one of the founders and the only one left who takes care of 1942.

I live on the WEST coast, one hour from the beach.

I won't hold my breath for your apology.

So,  bascially, screw everyone west of the east coast so the owner can get himself better pings?  An east coast biased server now?   

Renlist, I'm almost proud of you for complaining about something kind of relevant with what your and others of the west US' latency will end up. However - the owners don't still play 1942, so calm thine tits. This isn't being done for reasons so shallow, and the hopes are with a return to the east coast it'll have more amenity to players in the EU. For some reason the second world war seems more significant to them, and there are more of them left playing the game. Yes, your ping shall increase, as will mine. Bond's will, Spare's will, Pinchy's, Posi's, and I could name others. What I can recommend for you is to start your practice at tanking, or learning to fly, as both these skillsets definitely help out when you're farther away from a server.

So in short;

-The server owners don't get ANY benefits of an east coast server, nor do a lot of our admins.

-We had our server in the east coast until about 6-7 years ago. The main reason of moving back is that most of the BF1942 players are based in Europe, this move will hopefully make gaming on our server more feasible and enjoyable for them. This will hopefully also increase our player base.

You're not looking ''thru'' me, if I cared about my ping I wouldn't have played on an US server for nearly 10 years.

• Jubilee likes this

#45 Colonel Tavington

Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:20 PM

King Solomon, call your answering service...

#46 posi

Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:00 PM

Renlist ,  It was written as a 'forced' move.   No choice, if there had been choice you would have seen a server in place in advance.  My understanding is that a server had to be built, not rented.   

My ping goes up, Twilight's goes up.   

Turn that sad face upside down sir.  There are matters at hand that are out of your control and mine.  Virginia is the native location for Moon.                       

We're going home, it's as simple as that. 

• Jubilee, Captain John H. Miller and Colonel Tavington like this

#47 Jubilee

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:43 PM

Maybe it's a 'MURICA mentality that's bringing on the blindness to the rest of the world's existence. Fact is, despite that this is a North American server, Moon caters to more than one continent. I've moved around a lot (all over the US and Germany) since I've made Moon my home. I've played with pings above 120, then ranging 70s-80s, then 30-50s, and more recently the teens. Honestly, with a good server I feel no difference in play at any ping lower than 80ish, and I can do just as well with 100-120. I think that part of the reason it matters less these days is because technology and internet capabilities are growing stronger. I promise with a reliable server, it won't feel bad to play with a higher ping. 

To branch off of what staff are saying, there's no point in stressing over something that's outside the realm of our control.

The more I read of certain individuals, the less I want to take their opinions seriously. In fact, in some cases I think I've hit the lowest permanent plateau of IDGAF. There are just so many actual problems with the world that crying over ping seems really unnecessary to me. I don't know why other admins put up with this; I suppose it's because they're nicer, more patient people than I. So I commend my fellow admins for taking the time to answer and cater to individuals such as this, despite being verbally abused on a regular basis for no other reason than selfishness and a skewed perception of reality.

#48 Lin

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:32 PM

Serious question here, because I are a ignorant (among other bad habits which shall go unremarked upon) and not a YFG post.

I always pictured setting up a server as not much more than "load the CDs and click Multiplay | Create game | Start internet." Obviously there's a lot more to it than that and I was just curious (see "I are a ignorant" above) as to what was involved -- assuming that spilling the beans doesn't reveal the secret sauce (pls forgive the mixed metaphor, I'm late for lunch  ;-)

I requested SSD instead of SATA drives to try to smooth out the gameplay, and I requested a second IP, so it was a custom build. A custom build means it's not ready right away, although it was ready a full day before they said it would be. We then have had issues getting the OS put on it, that has now been resolved, and the files are currently downloading to the machine.

As was mentioned before, this was a move that was forced on us by our hosting company, without any warning prior to "you have to move now". Draggin, our IT guy, was out of the country two weeks and on the road for two more weeks, which the host didn't take into account. He's been damn busy on the first week he's been back taking care of our moves. Hats off to Draggin!

As far as why did we move east? The game has been dying for the last few years...this is not a news flash. We need more players, and bringing the server back to the east coast should provide a few more players, since some will once again get a playable ping on the server. Moving east did not benefit the "owners". It benefits MoonGamers as a whole. We have never moved the server for the owners, it has always been done for the good of the many, not the good of the one or the few. That may be one person's mentality here but fortunately it's not the mentality of the admins or management.

Renlist, I honestly do not care if you ever send another penny. It's not that we're not grateful, it's that you don't seem to get our donation model here. Donations are simply to help keep the server going, so YOU can enjoy playing here. Well, if you get any enjoyment out of anything in life. But I digress. Don't send a donation thinking that you will have a say in how the server is run, because ALL of our players have a voice here. That is what this forum is for, to let us know when players are having issues, and to communicate things like this server move. If you want to keep playing the game in our server, feel free to help out with the cost. Or not. It's up to you. Donations are a financial issue, not a favor issue.

Last, I would not expect to see great numbers in the server for the first few weeks. We didn't exactly have the chance to advertise a new IP in advance of the move so many will lose us unless/until they find us again. Some will assume that we closed. Eventually the majority of our regulars will find us again, and the game will pick up. It will help if everyone can use their social media or whatever to tell their friends that we're still here.

Thank you everyone (else) for your patience with our move!

• Hairy Russian Dude likes this

#49 dashi

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:31 PM

Thanks, Lin!

• posi likes this

#50 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:50 PM

I'm on the fence with this one.
On one hand, the European players have ax and simple which fill up so f*** 'em.
On the other, more players is good.
... but then posi tells of the move "back home" and I don't remember having any issues on Moon many years ago, so maybe this isn't a scary thing at all.

I will hope for an increase in pop and a game where I can hit people.

Lin,
I will post you new IP on the other server I play on once this move is done.

#51 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:55 PM

To check your new ping...   

• Hold the Windows Key Down and Press R
  • Type CMD and hit enter
  • Copy and Paste the text between brackets into the Dos Window --->|   ping 162.210.196.6   |<---
  • Paste this command with I.P. to track the hops to server  --->|   tracert 162.210.196.6   |<---

Thank you for this posi.

#52 posi

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:47 PM

IP Address 162.210.196.6 City Manassas , Virginia

The I.P is live , I ping 133  ,   Just a matter of time now.  

Here is another tip..

To skip the intro movies and go DIRECTLY to the server....

• Place your cursor on right side of arrow and copy..... 

...just one space plus the bold code --> +restart 1 +joinServer 162.210.196.6:14567​

(((​  Syntax is important,  a single space between   .....Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe"    and  +restart   is required  )))

• Right click on your current Battlefield 1942 desktop shortcut
  • Click into the 'target' line and move to the very end of it
  • Paste the code you copied at the end.    
  • Click Apply

All together it will look like this.

...............\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +restart 1 +joinServer 162.210.196.6:14567

You can optionally go to BF1942.exe in windows explorer then create a shortcut,  rename it, move it to desktop then apply the code. 

Repeat the process for other servers you play on.

#53 Spare Parts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:03 AM

Hello Renlist, Spare Parts here.  I was just wondering if you have gone completely clown ass bonkers or is there a whole 'nother level you intend to reach? I would accuse you of gaslighting us but that requires a level of dedication few sociopaths possess and I didn't see you at our last meeting so I know you're not one of us. I suggest if you decide to play with us on the new server, you should change your name and start fresh, the old you isn't working for me anymore. 

• coffeeassassin likes this

#54 bondmaster

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:10 AM

To all those who want to respond to Renlist, I just got one thing to say:

1tox3z.jpg

Renlist: I don't agree with you assessment but I do respect your opinion...even if it doesn't make sense. Fact is the move was done out of necessity and the majority of BF1942 players are in Europe. The proof is in the population levels throughout the day (peak population occurs during the European twilight hours which is daytime/afternoon USA). I am on the west coast and like everyone else my ping will go up as a result.

#55 bondmaster

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:14 AM

Also for those who don't remember, the server resided in Virginia for a long time. When I came back I was shocked to see my ping so low. As far as I am concerned the ping is going back to what i have been used to all these years. Either way, I could care less if my ping is 30 or 130...I play here because I like the community, I like the players, and I like to have fun. If my KDR goes from 30-50 to 30-70...then so be it. Good players will find ways to compensate (ask Twilight when he is flying a plane)

Can't wait to play with everyone on the new server, looking forward to some classy BF1942. Also to the European players, there are no more excuses now so lets see what you can do! ;)

• posi likes this

#56 Spare Parts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:18 AM

To all those who want to respond to Renlist, I just got one thing to say:

1tox3z.jpg

you were gone a long time.  for awhile if we didn't respond to Renlist, there would have been no forum activity, so he isn't a troll, he is a valued member of the community.

• Grassy likes this

#57 posi

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:31 AM

moonip.jpg

• Captain John H. Miller and Grassy like this

#58 Grassy

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:58 AM

Also for those who don't remember, the server resided in Virginia for a long time. When I came back I was shocked to see my ping so low. As far as I am concerned the ping is going back to what i have been used to all these years. Either way, I could care less if my ping is 30 or 130...I play here because I like the community, I like the players, and I like to have fun. If my KDR goes from 30-50 to 30-70...then so be it. Good players will find ways to compensate (ask Twilight when he is flying a plane)

Can't wait to play with everyone on the new server, looking forward to some classy BF1942. Also to the European players, there are no more excuses now so lets see what you can do! ;)

Well said Mr. B.  It is a hangout for friends, I tell the band members and road and sound crew I employ, the one thing you can count on in life "all things change"  and that you have to adjust and follow through.  I am totally looking forward to this!

• posi likes this

#59 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:23 AM

Lin,

I will post you new IP on the other server I play on once this move is done.

Please don't advertise it in the server it self. As we don't allow that in our server either, their forum should be fine ;)

• Hairy Russian Dude likes this

#60 Twilight

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:15 AM

Fact is the move was done out of necessity and the majority of BF1942 players are in Europe. The proof is in the population levels throughout the day (peak population occurs during the european Twilight hours which is daytime/afternoon USA).

Don't tell them about my hours. Also ty for the player compliment.

How often and what times do you play:
I try and play nightly, between 10PM and 4AM (PST).

Sigh...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com