Photo

Formal Check-In

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Wild-Bill

Posted 01 May 2023 - 01:05 PM

What's up everyone! I've been playing on your server for a a bit, hanging out with you all over Discord, joined your Steam group and figured I should post something here as well. 

A little about me, I've been playing competitively since Planet Quake in the days over GameSpy. Before BF42, I was playing any decent FPS I could get into with a team, Unreal Tournament, The Quakes, Team Fortress (the first one, "classic") Medal of Honor and whatever else was fun at the time. BF1942 changed just about everything in the gaming world and I was all over it. Played competitively with a handful of teams (Warrior Nations, Soldiers of Virtue, Supervillain Syndicate, USF Tanker Squad, and played as a ringer for many others. I miss the old TWL and CAL competition days smile.png I stuck with BF games all the way until 2142 came out and just had a hard time getting into that crazy mess. 

When not playing, I enjoyed helping communities out. I was the director of operations at squadgames.com for a few seasons back in the day. In TWL, I was both an anti-cheat admin and general ladder admin for BD1942. One thing I don't miss is looking up hundreds of Punkbuster GUID's on a regular basis to see who can play in matches of not, lol.. In Warrior Nation I was brigadier general and had a good amount of responsibilities. You'll see I don't shy away from work and helping out, when given the opportunity ;-) I've also been a Teamspeak and Ventrilo admin...RIP Xfire sad.png Anyone old enough to remember Roger Wilco?

I took a long time off playing BF and just relaxed playing Team Fortress 2, Rocket League, ALL of the Call of Duty's, and more recently Overwatch.

I recently reinstalled BF1942 for kicks and thought I would see if there are any servers left out there. After playing a bit on that other one... I found Moongamers and really love how the admins handle their business and keep things running smoothly. So if you all will have me, I'd like to stay and gain your trust. I like the mature atmosphere and the special events. 

When not playing games, I'm a family man who's been married for 25 years, I have a grown daughter with two little grandkids. I'm a senior network admin at a BigTen University and enjoy camping, fishing, hiking and metal detecting when not with the Fam.

See you in-game !!

-=W/B=-

P.S.. Do you need a certain post count to upload an Avatar and add a Signature?

• Some Girl Named Cher likes this

#2 D Day

Posted 01 May 2023 - 01:49 PM

Welcome WB! As a former member of USF I recall seeing your name a few times. I wasn't part of any real competitive stuff but did play a few scrums.

#3 Wild-Bill

Posted 01 May 2023 - 02:48 PM

Welcome WB! As a former member of USF I recall seeing your name a few times. I wasn't part of any real competitive stuff but did play a few scrums.

Heck yea, those were the days! Let's grab some armor and hope we get some air coverage :D

-=W/B=-

#4 D Day

Posted 01 May 2023 - 04:43 PM

Don't need no stinkin' air cover!

#5 Colonel Tavington

Posted 01 May 2023 - 10:01 PM

Whew! I thought we were going to have to prove that we had on evening wear when entering the server.

• Wild-Bill likes this

#6 smudge

Posted 02 May 2023 - 10:51 AM

i wear the same thing every time i play....nothing! 

fYDtBbd.jpg

Whew! I thought we were going to have to prove that we had on evening wear when entering the server.

#7 Colonel Tavington

Posted 02 May 2023 - 11:04 AM

POTM Awards Ceremony

arkansas.png

#8 Section8

Posted 04 May 2023 - 12:18 PM

Heck yea, those were the days! Let's grab some armor and hope we get some air coverage :D

-=W/B=-

Oh, I am sorry WB but all tank maps were lost last night. Such a shame.  :wasnt-me:

(woo hoo welcome)

#9 Wild-Bill

Posted 04 May 2023 - 04:10 PM

What, you can't loose the best maps out there!!  :D 

-=W/B=-

Heck yea, those were the days! Let's grab some armor and hope we get some air coverage biggrin.png

-=W/B=-

Oh, I am sorry WB but all tank maps were lost last night. Such a shame.  wasnt-me.gif

(woo hoo welcome)

#10 Some Girl Named Cher

Posted 06 May 2023 - 12:13 PM

Welcome back to the best community since ever.... I was actually referring to the bf42 community as a whole but let's just be real.... we are pretty amazing too :rofl: 

• Wild-Bill likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com