Photo

Map Changes and Modding

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#141 Par Shooter

Posted 17 October 2021 - 07:39 AM

you can counter the tanks and apc with a zook ?

#142 Capn Cackler

Posted 17 October 2021 - 08:25 AM

I don't see a lot of people playing zook though. You might have a point. Tanks would be much stronger then.

#143 Highway Man

Posted 17 October 2021 - 09:27 PM

aim for the tracks on both, or the rear end of the tank. inflicts the most damage

#144 Highway Man

Posted 26 October 2021 - 11:53 PM

would it be possible to add a JU88 in Bocage....
2 109s, 1 JU88.
2mustangs, 1 B17....

I think there are times a heavy bomber could be beneficial to the axis. especially in scenarios of allied armor and multiple infantry at the closest bridge outpost to Axis main.Or any outpost for that matter.
A lot of times the 109s are kept in check by mustangs and/or Flak cannons. While the ju88 is just as suceptible, it can inflict much more damage in a shorter amount of time.

#145 dodgem

Posted 27 October 2021 - 05:45 AM

If I remember correctly, JU88s cannot be modded into any other maps.  They're annoyingly unique to BoB.

• Highway Man and Capn Cackler like this

#146 Wasabi®

Posted 27 October 2021 - 08:54 AM

It's not possible to add JU88 to any maps other than Battle of Britain. 

• Highway Man likes this

#147 Highway Man

Posted 27 October 2021 - 03:44 PM

well.....build one.....
  • Capn Cackler and Mr. Argathin like this

#148 Capn Cackler

Posted 27 October 2021 - 05:10 PM

well.....build one.....

*Mods a stuka with a few more bombs

• Highway Man and Mr. Argathin like this

#149 Wasabi®

Posted 13 November 2021 - 06:28 PM

2021-11-13

Essen (CQ):

Full revamp of the Essen 2-uncap version

• Bridges are now indestructible
  • Additional jeeps at axis main
  • 4 cappable flags, added back V-2 flag between the city and Allied main
  • Restored spawn APCs 
  • Additional Wasserfall rocket launchers near Axis base and in Allied base
  • M10 at allied main
  • Axis engineers get shotgun
  • A few other enhancements / additional vehicles

• Major Sleep, Highway Man and Capn Cackler like this

#150 Stamper

Posted 13 November 2021 - 09:10 PM

2021-11-13

Essen (CQ):

Full revamp of the Essen 2-uncap version

• Bridges are now indestructible
  • Additional jeeps at axis main
  • 4 cappable flags, added back V-2 flag between the city and Allied main
  • Restored spawn APCs 
  • Additional Wasserfall rocket launchers near Axis base and in Allied base
  • M10 at allied main
  • Axis engineers get shotgun
  • A few other enhancements / additional vehicles

How about a Flettner?!?!  ;)

#151 Capn Cackler

Posted 20 November 2021 - 02:39 AM

Could we get a lot more machine gun ammo for the fighter planes on Battle of Britain? I feel like they constantly run out due to how much aerial combat occurs on that map.

• Highway Man, Stamper and covidwhisperer like this

#152 Stamper

Posted 21 November 2021 - 09:21 PM

Could we get a lot more machine gun ammo for the fighter planes on Battle of Britain? I feel like they constantly run out due to how much aerial combat occurs on that map.

Since the subject of Britain is open.....maybe more ammo for the planes like Cackler said, and/or maybe a wider zone for them (at least on the British side) to reload?    Been awhile since I've flown so I don't remember the reload zones.  

Also more thoughts after playing ground the other day...

-Increase power of mounted machine guns and the APC machine gun and add more APCs and mounted machine guns throughout the map.  Maybe one at each radar station and more at the airfields/factories?

-If power of machine guns is NOT increased, maybe decrease hitpoints of Ju88 slightly?

#153 Stamper

Posted 22 November 2021 - 11:50 AM

Bocage CTF - add a zook kit or two in mains and at least for Allies maybe move the tank spawns to less accessible places for enemies to access when they enter the main for the flag via turbojeep.  They're currently right at the entrance to the base for an incoming Axis player to steal if Allied aren't using them.   Not sure what the Axis tank placement is like.  

• MehulJ likes this

#154 covidwhisperer

Posted 16 December 2021 - 11:24 AM

Market Garden seems unbalanced. Allies consistently win as a semi experienced team can easily mine the two bridges and cut off axis tanks from advancing

I suggest that Axis has some changes:

1) Consider adding a hatzuki to axis or aircraft carrier and removing axis siege. The axis BF plane is inferior to the allied plane. This will give axis an advantage in flaking allied planes and provide a new dynamic of naval landing craft assaults

2) Consider adding a stuka to axis or JU88 to counteract the b17. A good b17 pilot can devastate axis tanks and inf and single handedly cause allies to win.

3) Consider adding the spawn APC back to axis in addition to the parachute spawn. The axis parachute spawn is further away from stone bridge than the allied parachute spawn is to the church

4) Consider replacing axis jeeps with kettenkrads as they are faster

5) Katyusha rockets in Axis base do not have autokill attached to them. Allied players are able to steal them and remove them from axis base when admins arent watching. Consider adding autokill to them

6) Its unbalanced that allies get two sherman respawning at church and that axis get one wespe instead. Wespe is easily killable by nades or zooks from allied paratroopers. Consider adding a tiger at church instead of wespe for axis respawn

7) Consider adding an additional axis vehicle at main bridge when axis controls such as adding an axis ho-ha or hanomag 

• Highway Man and MehulJ like this

#155 covidwhisperer

Posted 16 December 2021 - 11:33 AM

I like the idea of more ammo, i also find that axis consitently win and the game is too short. Maybe we can add more factories with allied planes around them? 

Since the subject of Britain is open.....maybe more ammo for the planes like Cackler said, and/or maybe a wider zone for them (at least on the British side) to reload?    Been awhile since I've flown so I don't remember the reload zones.  

Also more thoughts after playing ground the other day...

-Increase power of mounted machine guns and the APC machine gun and add more APCs and mounted machine guns throughout the map.  Maybe one at each radar station and more at the airfields/factories?

-If power of machine guns is NOT increased, maybe decrease hitpoints of Ju88 slightly?

Why not give axis spawn a b17 then or stuka?

If I remember correctly, JU88s cannot be modded into any other maps.  They're annoyingly unique to BoB.

#156 Stamper

Posted 16 December 2021 - 11:52 AM

Market Garden seems unbalanced. Allies consistently win as a semi experienced team can easily mine the two bridges and cut off axis tanks from advancing

1) Consider adding a hatzuki to axis or aircraft carrier and removing axis siege. The axis BF plane is inferior to the allied plane. This will give axis an advantage in flaking allied planes and provide a new dynamic of naval landing craft assaults

2) Consider adding a stuka to axis or JU88 to counteract the b17. A good b17 pilot can devastate axis tanks and inf and single handedly cause allies to win.

3) Consider adding the spawn APC back to axis in addition to the parachute spawn. The axis parachute spawn is further away from stone bridge than the allied parachute spawn is to the church

5) Katyusha rockets in Axis base do not have autokill attached to them. Allied players are able to steal them and remove them from axis base when admins arent watching. Consider adding autokill to them

6) Its unbalanced that allies get two sherman respawning at church and that axis get one wespe instead. Wespe is easily killable by nades or zooks from allied paratroopers. Consider adding a tiger at church instead of wespe for axis respawn

7) Consider adding an additional axis vehicle at main bridge when axis controls such as adding an axis ho-ha or hanomag 

I like point #6......how often does the Wespe 'actually' get used?  Put it back in the main, and let them keep the rocket truck as well.   Give them a tiger or panzer (just one) at the church instead.    Keep paraspawn, no Stuka, though...

One thought I had was the vehicles that spawn near steel bridge flag - what if a hanomag and a scooter were to spawn next to each other at the location of the current apc instead of alternating between scooter/M3A1 depending on who holds the flag?  If the Germans were to get that flag, they'd have an easier chance of getting away from the flag to try to get something else and be less dependent on the paraspawn.  

Maybe also a hanomag at the stone bridge in addition to the jeep, or simply an additional jeep?  I think the paraspawn made a difference but there is no accessible armor on that side of the map for Germans to use....maybe just more transportation options at the two bridge flags could help them out when odds aren't in their favor, even if they hold either or both bridges.  I wouldn't suggest putting a tank there (at stone or steel), but an APC would at least make it past the allied infantry that ambush the flag the moment the Germans capture it.  By contrast, the Allies can waltz right to the church and have two Shermans spawn....  

Hope that made sense.  Thanks for readin' as always.

• MehulJ likes this

#157 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 16 December 2021 - 02:37 PM

2) A Stuka is a flying brick, it is not made to take out a B17. Axis already received some 109s to counteract the Allied airforce (this is not on vanilla). Btw, Allies have the B17 to counter the Axis tank power.

3) The distance from Axis para to the flag radius should just be about the same as Allied.

4) The kubelwagens are the best manouvering jeeps in the game. Have you ever tried to turn quickly in a kettenkrad?

5) I'll convey this to our modder, thank you.

6) Keep in mind that the Axis get at least 5 tanks in their main, including two heavy tanks. If Allies cannot hold on to the church, they will have to deal with 7+ Axis tanks.

7) We used to have a two sided APC spawn there, not sure where it went.

I like point #6......how often does the Wespe 'actually' get used?  Put it back in the main, and let them keep the rocket truck as well.   Give them a tiger or panzer (just one) at the church instead.    Keep paraspawn, no Stuka, though...

* One thought I had was the vehicles that spawn near steel bridge flag - what if a hanomag and a scooter were to spawn next to each other at the location of the current apc instead of alternating between scooter/M3A1 depending on who holds the flag?  If the Germans were to get that flag, they'd have an easier chance of getting away from the flag to try to get something else and be less dependent on the paraspawn.  

** Maybe also a hanomag at the stone bridge in addition to the jeep, or simply an additional jeep?  I think the paraspawn made a difference but there is no accessible armor on that side of the map for Germans to use....maybe just more transportation options at the two bridge flags could help them out when odds aren't in their favor, even if they hold either or both bridges.  I wouldn't suggest putting a tank there (at stone or steel), but an APC would at least make it past the allied infantry that ambush the flag the moment the Germans capture it.  By contrast, the Allies can waltz right to the church and have two Shermans spawn....  

Hope that made sense.  Thanks for readin' as always.

* See 7)

** An additional jeep or apc would not hurt IMO, just be aware that the APC's MG can be used against the Axis paraspawn.

• Stamper likes this

#158 Stamper

Posted 16 December 2021 - 02:49 PM

** An additional jeep or apc would not hurt IMO, just be aware that the APC's MG can be used against the Axis paraspawn.

True, but it's hard enough to hit people in chute....my thought was more for having a vehicle that's not a tank, but can plow through infantry fire into the city/church respectively.  Good point though.  No point in having the axis paradrop if someone sits on an APC gun and mows everyone down....

#159 kaiserj

Posted 16 December 2021 - 06:55 PM

And give snipers unlimited ammo in all maps

• Capn Cackler likes this

#160 Stamper

Posted 16 December 2021 - 10:20 PM

A couple ideas for the heck of it...

1.   Omaha CTF with Low Gravity (*smiles like the Grinch*)

2.  Omaha CQ - For axis bunkers.....reduce the radius of the ammo spawn for tanks, or remove the shell reload for them altogether....or at least maybe remove the shell reload for one of the tanks (like we removed bomb reload for planes on some maps).   Let's face it - a decent ship captain for Allies is tough to come by....the Germans are gonna use the defguns and be more successful as rookies than a rookie ship captain.   If this can't be accomplished, add a tank, whether it be an M10, Sherman, or even a Priest to the opposite side of the beach for Allies.    I'm an average tanker and discovered it's way too easy to park at the top as a German and just pound whoever comes up.  I tried it recently and proved my point (don't yell at me).  I do believe there is enough talent among the player base to have a strong enough Axis side to defend the top if Allies were given an extra form of armor/artillery.    I get the purpose of the map, but it seems to be 60 vs 40 in favor of Axis....but if that's the way it needs to be for this map, I totally get it.  Someone mentioned about adding the Tiger back - I disagree.  The shell drop makes it easier to pound the beach and hide from the destroyer by sitting far back behind the bunkers and letting the shell drop right on the beach.  The flat shot of the panzer forces you to be exposed over the edge more, giving Allies a generous shot if the panzer is in the wrong place at the wrong time.  If nothing I mentioned earlier (ammo boxes/additional Allied armor/artillery) in this subject is considered, that's fine, but maybe consider adding several Garand kits for Allies (but compromise with a no-axis-on-beach-rule to prevent them acquiring a Garand...).  They could hit the people at the top setting packs/mines a heck of a lot easier without a scope and maybe get some vehicles up, which could potentially address the issue of a 15-man team having 9 snipers that accomplish little....plus, it'd be more realistic ;).  Maybe adding an extra two bots to Allies as well.....     It's a tough map.  I spent my early online years in high school playing only Allied.  Its just designed in a way that it is hard no matter what you do as an Allied player, no matter what opportunities they have to get up the hill.  Almost like Gothic CTF that we do...

3.  Market CTF with paraspawns  - one on west side of city, one on east instead of the current city/bridge spawns.   Keep mains.  Add vehicles for carnage as necessary.   (I'm just curious about this one.....)

4.  More PT Boats on Islands in Coral Sea, or a second on each ship.  (How do you reload the current ones btw??)

5.  Mount machine guns on sandbags of each AA  flag of Bocage, facing the bridge (both CQ/CTF).  Add one in porch of sawmill facing the windmill.  Add another in the empty window on the windmill steps.  Consider this particularly for CTF where the map is more plane reliant since the flags are the same as CQ and people do in fact occupy them, whereas maps like Market CTF see little to nothing in the city where there is normally a flag.

Just my $0.02 as per usual....thanks for readin'.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com