Photo

A Night at Kolsch...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Comet

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:36 PM

Lets try something different. Whether you're relatively new to the game or a seasoned veteran many of you have yet to experience the map dod_kolsch. Without a doubt it is the most detailed map you'll ever play and truly showcases what DoD:S has to offer.

An interesting read about the creation of the map, which took 2 years to complete, by those who made it can be found here...

Story of dod_kolsch

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted Image

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Due to it's size it would be best to pre-load the map into your maps folder, otherwise you can expect a 15-20 minute wait if you d/l it via the server, slower computers could take even longer. Our members can do so by visiting the forum Downloads section.

Click on the link below...

DoD:S Map Downloads...

Install dod_kolsch into your maps folder, the path is as follows...

Steam\steamapps\ACCOUNTNAME\day of defeat source\dod\maps

We'll need to set a date and time to play, your feedback would be appreciated. Knowing this night will be dedicated more so for our members I suggest we not play on a Wed & Sun, perhaps an alternate week night or a Sat can be decided upon. I also strongly recommend you take the time to create server and go into dod_kolsch once installed. There is so much eye candy to experience it's best you take it all in before we play, otherwise you'll die a lot as you stand there dumb founded by its detail.

I look forward to this, hope to see you in game...

~Comet~

Tweaking the Worlds nipples since 62...

#2 Warrior124

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:49 PM

There is so much eye candy to experience it's best you take it all in before we play, otherwise you'll die a lot as you stand there dumb founded by its detail.

I die alot anyways, lol. Can't wait to play this. :monkeydance:
As for a day maybe a Saturday since alot more people are off during that day?

#3 Langley

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:44 PM

Great map. There are all kinds of ways to avoid sniper and MG nests. Is there anyone with an older PC who has tried running a local server? Only thing is the map may not perform well on older systems. The map makers did a great job. Love the beer hall.

~Mosh mosh

#4 gensolo

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:59 PM

Can't wait!

#5 Lin

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:14 AM

Kolsch is available in the Downloads section. You'll want to have it installed prior to any Kolsch event.

#6 Comet

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:44 AM

Due to it's size it would be best to pre-load the map into your maps folder, otherwise you can expect a 15-20 minute wait if you d/l it via the server, slower computers could take even longer. Our members can do so by visiting the forum, Monkey has added a sticky post listing add-on maps.

...thought I covered that but thanks for the reminder. It is important that it's done before the event to assure no unexpected problems.

#7 Lin

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:27 AM

You didn't cover that it's now in our Downloads section, because it wasn't at the time you posted this. ;)

#8 Monkey

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:54 PM

I am fairly sure this map has been loaded for a good while on our DOD:S server.

This map if I remember correctly is friggin AWESOMESTER!!!

I think we ran it a few times when our server was first getting back off the ground and we had a good bit of players in that were not Moonies as well. We had a blast on this map and its fun learning new things while trying to stay alive long enough to do so.

#9 Comet

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:26 PM

The map was in the directory time of posting, in fact it's been there for some time (7/16/2010) as Terry mentioned. I made sure of that prior to my in depth post. :)

#10 Lin

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:46 PM

This is truly a beautiful map, a work of art.

Yes Comet, you're absolutely right, it's in the directory you linked to in your initial post. In addition, I added it to our new Downloads section. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that. :)

#11 Comet

Posted 02 October 2010 - 02:38 PM

Ah ok, you mean here...

http://www.moongamer...p?app=downloads

That's great, thank you.

#12 Enforcer

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:43 PM

I would put forth that Saturday October 16th be the day. That would give us a little under two weeks to get people in the know and get the map downloaded. The following Saturday would put us at the 23rd, which is the day before many of us leave for Vegas. I don't know how a scheduled event would work given that people may be doing other things in preperation for the vacation trip. The following Saturday, many are still in Vegas, and then after that we are looking at November 6th, which is also fine, but, seems a bit far away to be scheduling anything at all. I would also get the PR personnel to get more people to get STEAM and invest in the game, since it is what..ten bucks now?

#13 Comet

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:31 PM

Saturday October 16th sounds good, so be it...spread the word.

What time?

#14 ThorneLass

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:21 PM

I think i need to have a go at this map then. i will try and get on when i can but at mo im working on nights.

#15 Enforcer

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:50 PM

Actually, I think the 16th is old school night on CQ. They may have to keep until after Vegas...

#16 Lin

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:39 PM

They're both scheduled for the same day. While there are a few crossovers, the majority of the players don't play both games...yet. We're working on it. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com