Photo

AFK vs Spectate Mode

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Section8

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:47 AM

Hello all,

I completely forgot that Comet had asked me to post this, as this issue came up last night and it reminded me.

Also, I realize I have no clue what you can and can not do regarding the settings so please keep that in mind regarding my question.

It seems that people will go afk with the intention of coming back soon or simply go afk for a break but not go into spectate mode first.

This has the possibility of having two negative effects on game play.

1) It weakens the team by making it technically uneven.

2) Depending on the weapon they have chosen, may keep others from using the MG or sniper rifle. (Personally, thats not a bad thing but I digress.)

The question is: Should the server be set up in such a manner that after a certain amount time, the "non spawn" player would automatically be moved to the "Spectate" mode?

P.S. What the length of time should be is a little sketchy but its a start.

Thoughts?

#2 Lin

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:56 AM

I like the idea, but would want some more information, i.e., what constitutes "idle time" by the computer? no deaths/kills? standing in one place for xx minutes?

This would be good to have on when no admins are present, for sure. I'm in favor, and for probably 5 minutes since the rounds are only 20 min long. Five minutes in DOD:S can make a huge difference.

#3 Comet

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:28 AM

Great idea, lets work on a way to implement it.

Thanks for posting Ron.

#4 Doc_UK

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:22 AM

Its a good idea. 5cmins sound like a reasonable place to start.

#5 Lin

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:57 AM

The AFK manager is already on the server, it's just currently disabled. If we're agreed that we want this on, I'll turn it on and set it for 5 minutes.

#6 -Storm(BS)-

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:57 PM

I would like to add that in my opinion Lin, i think that it should be based on standing in one spot for to long. Considering ive gone 0 and 0 some games just because of camping xD and i noticed when i go afk without going spectate i come back and im just in my spawn standing where i left it. So id go with the standing in one spot for 5 minutes will spectate you.

#7 Section8

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:14 PM

The AFK manager is already on the server, it's just currently disabled. If we're agreed that we want this on, I'll turn it on and set it for 5 minutes.

works for me.

#8 Comet

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:35 PM

I'm all for it.

I'm not sure the game can differentiate between afk and not moving while you camp. I believe if you spawn and don't engage in game play you'll be moved to spectate after 5 minutes elapse. If you're in game camping like a boyscout you should be fine other then swallowing your teeth after I punch your face in.

Clarification please...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com