Photo

A rewarding run-through in Kolsh!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lin

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:40 PM

Last night I left the game for an hour or so, and the Stock Maps server crashed. Everyone went to the Stomping Grounds and were playing some of the custom maps we have loaded there. When I came back, we were on Kolsch; this was the first time I had played the map, before that I had done some exploring with Comet (who knows the map pretty well) and had gotten somewhat familiar with the layout. But...playing it was freaking awesomer! Lots of hiding places, we will be cursing machine gunners and snipers once we reach the minimum of 10 players on Oct 16. This map was a real pleasure to play, I can hardly wait for our special event!

We next went to Expire, this is a well done map! Comet suggested last night that we add this to our Mostly Stock rotation, and I would have to agree. There were epic battles for the middle tank, rushing for the last flags, and death in the middle. If you don't have this map you might want to download it soon...!

Last, we played Flash At Night. Beautifully rendered, I love running through the back field for the 2nd Axis flag and seeing the fires burning in the distance. I like how the insides of the buildings are lit, and don't forget it is different in that the middle flag now requires two people instead of just one. Learn to use your flashlights to see your way around.

For those who don't have Day of Defeat Source yet...what the heck are you waiting for??

#2 Warrior124

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:06 PM

For those who don't have Day of Defeat Source yet...what the heck are you waiting for??

I agree. I've got it, and I can't wait until the next matches. :applaud:

#3 Langley

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:24 PM

I totally agree having Expire in the Mostly Stock server rotation. It is a fantastic map and not hard to get use to quickly. Not too big and great for move and cover team tactics as well as ambush defense.

Kolsch is a sight to behold. At first glance it may seem overwhelming and that you will be lost all the time but is a very straight forward map. It is a rectangular for the most part. Get the version with the HUD map though so you can see where your teammates are in relation to the two cap flags so you can decide to stick or bail.

#4 Comet

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:48 PM

dod_kolsch with map can be d/l'ed here...

http://www.moongamer...oads&showcat=10

I agree Obi, Kolsch seems overwhelming but once you create a server and go in for an hour you'll have it down.

#5 Langley

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:24 PM

Could someone get me the link for the Kolsh with the HUD map?

#6 Lin

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:32 PM

At the very top of the forum is a link called Downloads. Go to the DoD:S section, we are building a custom map base there, and Kolsch is one of the maps listed. This download has the HUD map, it's the link that Comet provided in the post right above yours. :D

#7 Comet

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

...put the whacky down brother and concentrate.

#8 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:31 AM

What's a HUD Map? Please.

#9 Comet

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:52 PM

Most maps if not all offer a mini map, located top right of screen. Default key is "M". Tap once for small, twice to enlarge and once again to close. A mini map is an overview of the map, it will reference your location as well as cap zones depicted by flags. Showing player names and health as well as selecting a transparency percentage is also available through custom HUD's.

#10 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:00 PM

Only TWO taps to enlarge it??????? :blink: :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com