Photo

Game Booster v2.0

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Comet

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:45 AM

Game Booster v2.0 is now available. It will optimize your computer for smoother game play and do a whole lot more. I tend to forget to update my video drivers, GB lets you know if you're not up to date and will link you directly to the d/l. The new UI is user friendly. I use the free version which I've set up though the options tab. The full version will enable enhanced services and system tweaks...

Posted Image

Game Booster

#2 Wolf68k

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:31 PM

Nice for those that need it.
My issue is that I'm a computer geek so I have a lot of Services disabled, or other wise changed, because I did it manually and the only options are Performance and Default. This is what makes me worry because is the "default" the Windows default or my personal default aka the settings they were at before I used this.

I'd also be worried about what other things because Windows Services it'll be making changes to with me knowing what they are. If you every looked up tweaks to do to Windows, XP at least I'm not sure about Vista or 7, one of the "tweaks" was to disable the system alert sounds. How the hell any one would think that disabling that would increase performance by even 1 whole percent is beyond me. The only plausible way to see a performance increase from that 1 thing would be in a battery of benchmark tests.
Now I'm not saying this program will disable the system alert sounds, I'm just saying that I would want to know exactly what changes it's making and which if any I can control to make it not make changes to.

#3 Warrior124

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:51 PM

The best thing to always do before making any changes is create a "System Restore Point". That way if anything goes wrong you can always backup to where your system was before.

#4 Comet

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

The services disabled in gaming mode are enabled when gaming mode is turned off. Off, on...that simple. Services that you normally disable yourself can also be done within the program, it's customizable. Take the time to disable services yourself each time or set up Game Booster once by customizing what services you want disabled and click one button.

Quite handy and efficient for us not so computer geeks.:)

cnet review

#5 blancrou

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:05 PM

This is an awesome software!

#6 Striker

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:08 PM

i've got premium, and it helps my framerate in dods.

#7 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:34 AM

I might have to give this a try.
That is when Mrs. Trigger can help. I have no clue as to what I am doing when it comes to puters.

#8 No_Nickname

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:33 PM

i've got premium, and it helps my framerate in dods.

Yep, used to use it all the time on my PC, helped a lot

#9 dodgem

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:07 PM

Sry DarkVirtue. We don't condone the use of illegal means to obtain software or premium features (or distributing licence codes ;))

Welcome to the forums tho! Hope to see you in DoD:S sometime.

#10 Enforcer

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:33 PM

Thanks for trying to be helpful, but, gotta go with dodgem on this one. Circumventing a license agreement has to be done elsewhere other than our forums. Thanks for understanding in the matter.

#11 xdoublex

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:17 PM

Just got this.. Thanks!

Seems to be helping me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com