Photo

Hi all

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Deathman

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:06 PM

I had written a long post and then accidently hit the back button so here goes attempt #2 (not nearly as good as my first one... >.>) XD

Hello, my name is John and my game name is Deathman. I currently reside in Houston, Texas, USA. I’m originally from Oklahoma (I’m 50% Native American, we’re pretty sure I’m Cherokee). I’ve traveled to 17 different states, and lived in 4 different states (the majority of my life in Oklahoma).

The thing that has most greatly influenced my life so far has been my one year that I spent in Perth, Australia in 2003 due to my father having to switch jobs since Phillips 66 and Conoco merged and wanted him to be there. I have to admit that I didn’t want to move, right up to the minute I got onto the plane to head there.

Once I arrived I found myself thrown into a beautiful country with a different and interesting culture (heh, like how a great deal of people walk around and into stores barefoot since there are strict no littering laws). There I went to a private school that was based off of the U.S. curriculum. I joined the rock climbing club and learned how to surf (both activities is till love doing). Since my house had an ocean view and was a 10 min. walk from my house, my parents would allow me to go surfing whenever my homework permitted (Perth is one of the surfing capitals of the world). While in Australia we went to the Great Barrier Reef but did not have the time to go to Ayers Rock.

After that year the company had my father switch jobs again and decided he needed to be in Houston, and we moved to Katy, Texas, a suburb of Houston. I enjoyed my time in Australia and I hope to one day go back XD

I picked up BF1942 in 2004, using the same game name and started playing on Wagoogee’s Mostly Omaha until it went down, then Full Metal Gaming, until they went down too. Giving up on trying to find a server that had all my pals on it, I dropped the game and played other things for about a year until I decided one day to give BF another chance. While looking for a server I spotted a server called Moongamers Mostly Omaha CQ and decided since it had a good population and my favorite map to give it a shot. Once I was in game I found an old Wag named TANK playing and found out that most of the people from Wag had moved to Moon. The following weeks I ran into other old players that I recognized and decided to stay. Now Moon has become my second home, I have made lots of great new friends (always a plus! XD), and I’m not planning on going anywhere! :cowdance:

Well, now you know a bit more about me, so if you see me in game don’t be shy and say hi! :pokey:

-John

#2 Limpnoodle

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:16 PM

You do know there is a Forward button right?

#3 Deathman

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:18 PM

You do know there is a Forward button right?

XD yes, and that when i hit forward, the post was empty :whippingsmiley:

#4 Limpnoodle

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:22 PM

Weird, when I do that and hit Forward it is all still there.

#5 bogeydeadsix

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:58 PM

How fast we go off topic here.

#6 DAN_DALY

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:53 AM

Once again, welcome aboard John and thanks for the intro. It's always great getting to know a bit more about the person behind the tag. :D

#7 summens

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:08 AM

:bhi:

#8 Comet

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:45 AM

Excellent read John, thank you for taking the time to tell us a little about yourself.

Glad to have you in the fold, thanks for choosing this community as your online gaming home. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com