Photo

I am not clever enough to have a clever remark here

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Allarra

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:09 PM

My name is Tara (or Allarra that most know me as), I live outside the city of Atlanta, but only barely. Georgia is quite different from how it was as when I was a kid, and not for the better, but oh well. I was born in Anchorage, Alaska but moved when I still little after I was mauled by a German Shepard. I have two little boys, 3 and 6, and I am not married or otherwise attached, and I am not looking to be. I made some bad choices boy-wise, and I am happy with just my boys now.

I started playing CS when I was pregnant with my first son, his Dad coaxed me to play and it turned out I was pretty decent at FPS. I played Anarchy Online a while during my pregnancy, but I really liked FPS. I started playing 1942 when it came out, the demo first, then the game. Same with BF2 and then I quit for quite a while. Once things calmed down in our lives I found I had free time again and I started playing the 2142 demo. Fun stuff, and quite different from BF2. There was a lot more action, it seemed to me. Eventually I spoiled myself and bought the full game and bounced around looking at servers. I am a pretty loyal person and I like permanent homes so that is what I was kinda searching for. I started playing MoonGamer's Tampa pretty regularly with JinRow and Teakty, then AKAafeks. Beast poped in some point or another, I don't remember when since it seems like he has always been around. I played with Blue and mmcoiner and had a lot of fun, and I was impressed Admins actually played like that. I haven't seen that very often.

I ended up getting banned for typing out "Watch out for the teamkiller Jew guy, he is living up to his name" after he killed my whole squad via a tank. Needless to say I got auto perma banned and had to go to the unban section. I was a bit miffed. They cleared my ban and I was invited to join TeamSpeak by a few people. I did eventually when I got my mic working. Then I started nosing around the forums and afeks, Tiger, and Matt started pressing me into it more. Eventually someone suggested I apply for adminship and I did. Freezy, Papa, ByMe, Lin and a few others became more permanent fixtures and I found I was being appreciated and encouraged, which is a lovely thing for anyone. I always put all of myself into the things I do, call it a character flaw, and I have tried to do that with MoonGamers. Its a rare thing when you can be yourself and still enjoy time with other people in general. So many people usually put up that facade and hope no on can see past it.

When I did end up going AWOL recently the welcome back I received was one of the nicest experiences I have had in a while, and it made me a bit teary that I was missed. So no matter how cold I may sound when someone says they missed me, its just me trying to gloss over the fact I am teary inside. :lol:

#2 VonRipper

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:13 PM

Welcome even if you are flawed :P I have found we are all flawed in some way <_<

#3 DAN_DALY

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:18 PM

Welcome aboard Tara! :D

Thank you for your background info and as always it's nice hearing about people in their RL situations. Hope you enjoy your ride here on the Moon and I'll have to say I agree with ya...

"...loyal persons and permanent homes" rock 2the-extreme!!! :D

#4 Untamed-Beast

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:26 PM

Hello hello,

Thats like an awesome intro. What the heck ever happened to Jin Row? He must have took a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

Yay she's Back!!! :lol:

#5 bogeydeadsix

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:15 PM

Great introduction.

Can I interest you in some Ketchup Popsicles?

#6 Allarra

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

Great introduction.

Can I interest you in some Ketchup Popsicles?

Thank you.

No, but my youngest might want one. Thank you for offering.

#7 Comet

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:08 PM

Awesomer intro!

Posted Image

Glad to have you amongst us Tara.

#8 summens

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:31 PM

:bhi: welcome tara.

#9 Blue5DG

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:16 PM

Your my favorite player! :grphug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic