Photo

Laptop or desktop for BF ?

XP WIN7 Destop Laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shavo

Posted 09 October 2016 - 06:16 PM

After upgrading my wife's ASUS win 8.1 laptop to Win 10 I installed BF for the grand kids [and me]. I tried it and was amazed at the difference in my desktop graphics. My ole winxp machine is my favorite  to use but after the PS issues, graphic card upgrades i am ready to considering putting her aside. The funny part is I build a WIN7 Machine a year+ ago and haven't used it since then.

So my question is, which OS and Computer do you prefer and why?

I see the graphics part [for an old game] but is there any other advantages of the OS?

Desktop? Laptop?

#2 CrDraggin

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:27 PM

For 1942, I am not really sure what would be the best OS for that game, but the newer you get the more incompatible you might become. I have not tried it on my WIN10 machine yet, but Windows 7 worked fine for me. 

For all other BF series, BF1 comes out mid Oct and BF4 just gave all expansions away for free if you owned the game already. BF3 is still going strong and we have several members who still play itl. Those all do much better on a desktop vs laptop. My personal take, laptops are not fun for gaming. Their actual usability tends to be limited in time due to the inability to upgrade or expand, battery life is nill, heat, and if parts go bad they are typically very difficult to replace unless you replace the entire board. 

PC all day. 

Hope that helps a little. 

Cr

#3 Col Kilgore

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:11 PM

I have an HP2000 running win 8, seems ok, am able to run at 10x7/60 res with seemingly no issues, gets choppy at times when 32+ players online but thinking that might be the server?  Used to have a custom pc 'back in the day' but needed a new motherboard and all parts were outdated so just took it out to pasture started playing xbox more for awhile til i picked up this lappy year or two ago.

Heres my specs:

Attached File  specs.png   43.56KB   1 downloads

maybe someone can tell me if what I'm running is considered semi-adequate for running games it seems to run 'decently' on this older game. Ive been out of the loop for some time, even turned into a *gasp* console gamer for awhile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com