Photo

new info for cd players windows 7 or better

help with new windows

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Escaped Mental Patient

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:23 PM

I hope this helps anyone who needs it.                                                                     moongamers dont surport the pages just read

Battlefield 1942 on Windows 10 64-Bit System - Won't launch - Answer HQ

Battlefield 1942 FAQ

I hope those help Escaped 

• Eliminator likes this

#2 King of the Squirrels

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:31 AM

Awesome! Thanks for the post!

#3 DriFT

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:02 PM

I've just made the recommendation in this forum and nothing to do more:

Hi, emile44,

I have been dealing with this issue for a few days now. I am on Win 10, cd rom version of bf1942. I have installed all the patches per instructions in your patch kit, activated direct play, made game to run off xp service pack 3, and also run as administrator, and the game will not load, asks if I would like to allow it to make changes, I say yes and it just goes back to the desktop. Any further advice?

But i Have installed battlefield 1942 on my second drive i:, do you think this may cause problems?

Thanks

#4 Escaped Mental Patient

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:30 PM

i have it installed on my slave drive also from my old PC i haven't ran into any problems well uninstall everything and try reinstalling it i have ran in no problems running BF42 on windows 10

#5 shavo

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:21 PM

Hey Drift!

Can I ask you if you are using the CD in the drive? Or are do you have it emulated.?

1. If you are using the disc in the drive, make sure the video settings are the same. There is another thread about this.

2. If your using an emulated version thers are many problems with this.

With that being said the most important question is. Did you upgrade from a different version of windows or install a fresh copy from a disc. This makes a HUGE difference in your options.

Shavo

I've just made the recommendation in this forum and nothing to do more:

Hi, emile44,

I have been dealing with this issue for a few days now. I am on Win 10, cd rom version of bf1942. I have installed all the patches per instructions in your patch kit, activated direct play, made game to run off xp service pack 3, and also run as administrator, and the game will not load, asks if I would like to allow it to make changes, I say yes and it just goes back to the desktop. Any further advice?

But i Have installed battlefield 1942 on my second drive i:, do you think this may cause problems?

Thanks

#6 DriFT

Posted 24 January 2016 - 05:26 PM

Hey Shavo!

I used a CD in the drive.

I Upgrade win 7 professional to win 10 by microsoft update.

Thanks

#7 shavo

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:21 PM

Hey Shavo!

I used a CD in the drive.

I Upgrade win 7 professional to win 10 by microsoft update.

Thanks

Good to know:

Here are the threads involved with this issue:

---------------------------------------------------------------

How to make BF1942 work with with windows 8.1:

http://www.moongamer...showtopic=64697

Windows 10 Won’t Run Some Games (BF1942) Using SafeDisc Or Securom DRM:

http://www.moongamer...showtopic=64416

I believe angerfist said that most issues are resoled not because of compatibility but its from the video resolution changes causing a crash. So make sure you have both settings (1) your desktop settings and (2) your games video setting close or the same,

Also because you did a upgrade the safedic issue is embedded into your OS. You cant remove it.

Let us know how it goes and hopefully see ya on the BF !!

/shavo

#8 DriFT

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:33 PM

Really thanks Shavo,

Finally I fix it and it was really stupid. Was it only because I did not install the patch : battlefield_1942_gamespy_patch_v1.61.exe

However, I have one more question before I formatted, I had direct access to the servers icon moongamer. Do you know where, I could find the code.

Moongamers had provided.

Br,

#9 shavo

Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:03 PM

Really thanks Shavo,

Finally I fix it and it was really stupid. Was it only because I did not install the patch : battlefield_1942_gamespy_patch_v1.61.exe

However, I have one more question before I formatted, I had direct access to the servers icon moongamer. Do you know where, I could find the code.

Moongamers had provided.

Br,

Glad to see you got the server list up!

I dont know the direct link but i have people pointed to the game tracker link:

https://www.gametrac...0.56.204:14567/

#10 Rubulator

Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:27 PM

Drift kills me too much... So thanks Shavo, for getting me killed !!! :confused-smiley-013: Glad your back Drift :throw:  ​

J/k Shavo... Nice job :)

• shavo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com