Photo

Winter Chernarus (Beta)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Nopinky

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:43 PM

The map is down for now (hopefully a temporary thing?) but I wanted to give my 2 cents.  The only issues I had you have addressed in your list. 

Love this map... I would make it my new "moongamers" home if it were to stay.  (Well, maybe just a small apt in the burbs)

#22 turbo

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:25 AM

So is the server gonna come back up or are you guys still working things out. No big deal. Just wondering
  • Nopinky likes this

#23 Enforcer

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:22 AM

I really dig this map and this edition.  I like Arma 3 but, didn't really like the Altis map, too big.

• turbo likes this

#24 SP33D

Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:27 PM

Any update on when the beta will be closed? I want to play so bad but don't want to lose my stuff after grinding away for hours upon hours.

#25 turbo

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:02 PM

Still down 😭

#26 Enforcer

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:23 AM

Arma 2 has taken priority at the moment.  This map will be addressed after that one is up.  I am waiting as well..

#27 CrDraggin

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:58 AM

I took the server down for several reasons.

1) I wanted to make sure it was ready for prime time and woriied about server performance for other servers already in the mix. 

2) I was adding new trader locations to the NE Airfield

3) Added more spawn points

4) Was looking into a few more scripts to make it even better. 

5) DayEpoch updated to 1.0.6.2

Then Arma 2 DayZepoch updated and screwed the server. Due to that, I needed to completely rebuild the DayZ Epoch Server. RL commitments and work has me having to put about 40 hours of training on top of my normal work schedule. So been working late hours to get training done and rebuild the DayZepoch Server. I am nearing the end of getting that server up and running again and then can re-focus on Chernarus. It isn't going away just yet. Also Gunner is looking for a few other Alternatives. Has anyone heard of Taunas? 

Just wanted to let everyone know I didn't forget about ya. Look for forward to seeing everyone back in once up. 

Thanks again,

Cr

Next Week I hope to be back over there, but out of town at the moment for a running event my wife is in. Will be back Sunday. 

#28 turbo

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:02 AM

Thanks Craig, I didn't know about the other server issues. Hope I didn't come off as if I was pestering you. As for Taunus it's an looks amazing. I've been playing on it and its a really fun map.

Thanks for the info on the server and good luck to your wife in the running event.
And thanks for all your work keeping these servers going.

#29 BOVA

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:37 AM

Thanks Craig for the update. I haven't looked at the tonas map yet. But I hear it is a really nice map. I would like to try it. I don't much care for winter maps. Thank you for everything you do for us.

#30 CrDraggin

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:15 AM

Aaaaaaanndddd.....Exile updated today... lmao to 1.0.4

#31 BOVA

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:21 AM

Lovely

#32 turbo

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:46 AM

There's also some other choices of maps like Tanoa (dense jungle) or Lythium (like arma 2 Takistan) but X-Taunas is a large cool map that has a lot of terrian variety

#33 Enforcer

Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:06 AM

I would like to sway the map away from a huge expansive map.  Altis is like that and that is actually part of the reason I don't play the Arma 3 all that much.  Given the map is that large, I would like a counter to that map and offer something on the smaller size.  Something where you don't NEED a helicopter to get around or drive for ten minutes just to get somewhere.

Do, what the community as a whole wants, but, consider not everyone wants a large map.

#34 CrDraggin

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:52 AM

Exile update was a RC version aka beta.. but soon they will update. 

To Enforcer's note, I am looking at expanding to another server to (potentially) support 2 more Arma 3 servers. Once we are able to meet on this, I will report back. 

That way we could have both :-D  

#35 turbo

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:48 AM

👍
What about Lingor3? It's kinda small

#36 Enforcer

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:24 AM

Is it Winter?

or can any map be winter with the correct mods associated with it?

#37 turbo

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:14 AM

No. It's a jungle map with a bunch of waterways. I think the only winter ones are winter chernarus, winter Altis and the arma 2 maps thirsk and namalsk but I might be forgetting some

Don't get me wrong I'm all for winter chernarus , I love that map

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com