How Dean "Rocket" Hall feels after the success of DayZ

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gensolo

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:03 PM

http://rocketkiwi.tu...t-deal-of-money

#2 Enforcer

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

Brings to light a discussion I had recently with a friend and co-worker about finances.  Would you want the fame and glamour to go along with an immeasurably amount of wealth?  My thought is this: While money does indeed make the world go around, and you can get "purchase and accumulate" with money, that in and of itself does not make you happy.  So, is being unhappy worth wealth?  I know if you don't have wealth, the answer seems obvious, but, really..ask yourself.  For me, I would forgo the wealth and be happy with what I have.  I have enough.  I make do.  I have the things I need to have.  I can buy some of the things I want to have.  I don't need that Aston, but, would love to have one, but, also know that I will never be able to afford one.  So wealth vs being happy?  In this case, he lucked out and got some wealth while being happy, but, after selling the game to Bohemia, he is back on to happy and doing what he wants to do..make cutting edge games.

#3 gensolo

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:27 PM

I agree with you 100%. I read a similar article today about Notch, the creator of Minecraft. He never expected or wanted the game to gain that much success, it was a mistake in his eyes. He sold it to Microsoft after half-joking one day on Twitter about just selling out to get away from the people who kept complaining and never appreciated what he did. Microsoft immediately contacted him, and he saw his way of making bank and getting out of the spotlight. Now, he is happy once again by doing what he loves, and he is wealthy, but that happiness came at the cost of several years of his life. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com