Photo

TeamSpeak3 iPhone/Android Apps Available!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Lin

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:18 PM

Update 2/5/2012
Adding the Android link and instructions to this thread.
Android post in this thread

------------------------------------
There is a new TS3 iPhone app out there, but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of instructions on how to use it. So, here is a short tutorial on how to use it for Moon TS3. I have no idea how much data it uses when you're on it, so if you don't want to go over your cap you'll likely want to monitor it for the first few times until you know what to expect. A wifi connection will, of course, be best both in data usage and in quality.

You will need:
1. TS3 on your computer
2. iTunes to sync your iPhone
3. about 15-20 minutes depending upon your speed.

Moon's TeamSpeak 3 server has been updated for use with the app. We have a security feature that we use that requires a user to increase their security level to the point where they can use our TS3. I did not find a way to do this using the app, so we went around it and created a new Identity for my iPhone using the computer.

Install the app onto your iphone. Then, go to your TS3 on your computer, we're going to set up your iPhone user there. You can use your current user, or you can create a new user for your phone account. I chose to create an iPhone user account (Identity) so folks will know when my abilities are limited.

Open TeamSpeak3:
1. Click on Settings and Identities.
2. To create a new user account, click on Add (skip to step 5 if you don't want a new Identity)
3. Give your new Identity a name and nickname
4. Click on the Improve button to improve your security level; request level 23 for our server, then click on the Start button. You will need to wait for a few minutes for it to bring you current with our TS3 server. Close the Security Level box when you're done.
5. Now click on the Export button and save the file to your Desktop (for easy retrieval) using a name you will recognize. Make sure the file suffix remains .ini

Open iTunes:
1. attach your iPhone
2. In the left hand column, click on the name of your iPhone to view the contents
3. Along the top menu (i.e., Summary, Info, Apps...) click on Apps, then scroll to the bottom to the File Sharing area.
4. In the Apps list in the left hand column, find your new TS3 iPhone app and click once on it
5. In the Documents area to the right, click the Add button, find the file on your Desktop and add it to the Documents area.
6. Sync your iPhone

iPhone:
1. Open the TeamSpeak3 app.
2. Open Bookmarks
3. Press the + to add a new bookmark for Moon:
4. Address (all lower case): moonts.sytes.net
5. Label: MoonGamers
6. Server Port: 9987
7. Nickname: whatever you want
8. Server Password: none
9. Identity: use the identity you just synced
10. Now go to Settings: make sure you're on push to talk. When you start the app, there will be a microphone button in the bottom center, that is your PTT button. If you do not plan to use a headset please stay on PTT. If you use a headset you can go back to Voice Activated, otherwise you'll be looping everyone.
11. Connect to Moon TS. You should be able to switch to different channels, and speak with everyone in the server. Remember that if you're using your data connection on 3G, the quality will not be nearly as good. Wifi is the way to go to use this app effectively.

Post any questions you might have, and I'll try to respond. This app is available for iPhone and also I believe it is available for Android. I am not familiar with the Android app, I will only be able to assist with the iPhone app.
  • Alvin Tostig and Luose like this

#2 Livestrong

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:40 AM

There is also a Beta version for Android as well. I haven't messed with it much though but I will check it out.

#3 Luose

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

Thanks Lin! I cannot do all this because I currently have no pc up and running, hence why I wanted the TS app. I will surely sort it all out once I'm up and running again.

#4 Livestrong

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:39 PM

Ok, all the steps are the same for the Android version except for the iTunes part. I am unable to connect. Does TS also need to be setup to allow the Android app?

#5 Wolf68k

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:35 PM

I would like to add.
The link to the iOS app, could be useful to some http://itunes.apple....d453827888?mt=8
Also, the iOS app is $5. I'm not sure how badly I want or need TS3 while I'm not at home.

#6 Warrior124

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:05 PM

I wish I had an iphone!! hint hint :wasnt-me:

#7 Wolf68k

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

I wish I had an iphone!! hint hint :wasnt-me:

Well if you go sit on Santa's lap and ask for one then you just might get one
And you have to have been a good little boy all year too.....in which case I have to ask, what will you call your lump of coal this year? :lol:

#8 Lin

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

TS3 for Android - Link and Instructions!

Link to Android Market file:
https://market.andro...om.teamspeak.ts

Instructions from a TeamSpeak forum post:
  • On my desktop
  • Open TS3
  • Open the Identities Window (Settings -> identities)
  • Select the UID you want to export
  • click export
  • save the file to your drive
  • rename the file from [name].ini to [name].txt
  • copy the file to the phone's memory (I connected via USB)
  • On the phone:
  • Open the file in a note editor
  • select and copy the text of the identity key between the "s
  • open TeamSpeak 3 for Android
  • click Identities
  • click on Default
  • click edit
  • delete the key in there
  • paste the key from the TXT file
  • rename the Identity if you want.

#9 Willie V.

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

Lin,
Have you used the app and what do you think of it - review? I'm also curious at to what you think of the BF3 Procon app - review?

#10 Thumper

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

Lin,
Have you used the app and what do you think of it - review? I'm also curious at to what you think of the BF3 Procon app - review?

It's a great app (TS3) if you need to be connected but beware it does consume a ton of data and battery power. just installed it and finally set it up, thanks to Lin's instructions. I can't say how much use it will get but it is nice to have.

#11 RangerT

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

i just got the android app installed and running had to send the identity to my phone by text msg.

Its a shame that the app doesn't allow for raising the security level maybe that will be changed with a update at some future time.

#12 Rapid Fire

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

I am having some issues trying to get my exported id from my desktop to itunes. I have attempted it two different ways. The first was with the add -> selecting my item -> and hitting open. My other attempt was to drag and drop it in and that failed too. Any ideas?

Edit: It appears that closing itunes and reopening it fixed my issue

Edited by Rapid Fire, 16 December 2013 - 10:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com