Photo

A Day in BUGS...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Dot Man

Posted 11 December 2004 - 02:49 AM

Welp, Moon was full so I went over to BUGS and played for a while...

Finishing with 187/187/36...

There were anywheres between 16-26 players while I was on... But man, they sure did all make me feel like I was REALLY good. ;)

#2 Nismo

Posted 11 December 2004 - 03:25 AM

hmmm maybe i should go pwn at BUGS.....

#3 Rambo

Posted 11 December 2004 - 05:04 AM

Hey Dot Man, i saw u in RA and i think u were just lucky, cos i wasnt in game. But im looking forward to push my knife in ur head :stab:

Hope to c u soon on our server. U r all welcome anytime of the day ;)

cu all later

#4 James

Posted 11 December 2004 - 05:40 AM

I'll be glad to play with u as well ;)

#5 AGIRLJUSTKILLED

Posted 11 December 2004 - 10:05 AM

Moon does make other servers seem kinda weak...

But wow 429.....never made it remotely close to that.... :applaud:

#6 Akooma

Posted 11 December 2004 - 10:45 AM

Welp, Moon was full so I went over to BUGS and played for a while...

Finishing with 187/187/36...

There were anywheres between 16-26 players while I was on... But man, they sure did all make me feel like I was REALLY good.  ;)

I think you got lucky.

I know for a fact there are people over there that will hand you your ass.

Anytime someone new appears on a server it is hard for "regs" to adjust right away. Once the person starts playing there more and more people know what to expect. That's my experience at least.

Shout out to Mack and the crew. You're all GAY. LOL

Catch ya later,

Ak

PS Please don't grief other servers in the forum. We have more class then that ;)

#7 Why Two Kay

Posted 11 December 2004 - 10:51 AM

I ping 180 over there, it makes you appreciate a server like Moon so close to home....(actually it IS close to my home.... ;) )

#8 kaiserD

Posted 11 December 2004 - 02:51 PM

i remember a few months back i decided to go over to bugs for a quick round, ended up playing for half an hour or so and was something like 80-15 by the time i left. pwning my euro friends on the beach...hehe!

it was fun though, great server, not too bad of ping for me (which is unusual) i really enjoyed it. i'll have to go back sometime.

and i agree with akooma - there are definately those over there on BUGS that can run the beaches very well. :shoot:

#9 Linux

Posted 11 December 2004 - 06:22 PM

One day about 2 or so months ago, I went to an unnamed Omaha TDM server under a smurfed name just to see how good of a score I could get. I got a score of 300-89, then I was kicked because I guess I beat the admins too much. That was a fun day...except I never did get to screenshot my score.

#10 Dot Man

Posted 11 December 2004 - 06:57 PM

I think you got lucky.

I know for a fact there are people over there that will hand you your ass.

PS Please don't grief other servers in the forum. We have more class then that ;)

It wasn't a stab at BUGS at all. I had fun, and the atmosphere was very much like Moon's (sorry if I came across as giving grief towards other servers).

AGIRL: thanks, that was a grand ol' time as well!

Rambo and Bob, bring it. ;)

#11 Grease Arty

Posted 14 December 2004 - 07:05 PM

Yes DOT i think your lucky that day. I visit BUGS some more than ones.If Rambo or RAMBO123 is on it would be that easy. I can say.....
Connection speed must be fast like i visit last time Conn.speed 13-20 and then i have olso a score like 245/245/150 Thats great for Grease Arty LOL.
BUGS is almost like Moon. and Linux your storry is thru.....
If i'm on the Fletsher for 10 Min. and killed a lot as you know me I get a warning or be Kicked :D

#12 M.A.M.E. Gamer

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:27 PM

I was lagging pretty bad last night (for some reason I seem to only lag at Moon) so I popped into BUGS. Man oh man am I glad I did. It was as smooth as silk. My ping was higher but my connection was much, much quicker and more fluid.

I think it may be that my old video card can't handle it when there's lots of action (full server - like Moon always is). But whatever, I may end up playing there a lot more often if my troubles continue.

#13 otto_skorzeny

Posted 14 December 2004 - 09:27 PM

Yup, I jump on BUGS now and then. Hit and miss. Sometimes you can walk over everyone on the beach. The next time Rambo was on and I got kilt about 20 times in a row. Then 3 of us tried to shank Rambo and he wasted us all. Repeatedly. Still, when others are full or want to try Euro_Style, BUGS is an awesome server!

#14 M.A.M.E. Gamer

Posted 15 December 2004 - 01:26 AM

heh, yeah I was in there whooping some ass tonight. I got my best ever to 100 score, I looked up and I was 103-17. By the end of the game I had hit 147-36 before I had to head to bed. My game runs flawlessly there. It drives me crazy that I get such a sub-par connection (in comparison) to this server, my true BF love. Oh well.

#15 Akooma

Posted 15 December 2004 - 04:39 AM

Hey Mame.

Can you tracert to moon, screenshot it and post it here?

Also do the same thing for Bugs?

I bet you get uplinked from paradise to Europe and only have a few hops to Bugs.

Ak

#16 M.A.M.E. Gamer

Posted 15 December 2004 - 12:47 PM

Sure, I'd love to.

Uh, but first - what does that mean and how do I do it?

- Jason

#17 Lin

Posted 15 December 2004 - 04:33 PM

Click on Start, Run, and type in "command" (without the ""). Click on OK.
A DOS window will pop up, then when it comes to the C: prompt, type in:
tracert 38.113.32.216
and press Enter. Expand the window so you can see all of the hops, and when it is finished press Alt+PrtScn to capture only that window. Paste it into a photo editor and save, then email to [email protected]

Then run the next one for BUGS:
tracert 62.93.241.160
follow the same procedure and make a new SS.

When you have finished with the command window, type Exit and press enter, it will close.

#18 Linux

Posted 15 December 2004 - 06:04 PM

GOOD LORD! Once that thing crosses the ocean it flies. Im only 3 hops from BUGS once I cross it.

#19 Akooma

Posted 17 December 2004 - 06:45 AM

The more hops between you and a destination the greater the chance of a problem. On the flip side of the coin having 3 hops doesn't necessarily mean you'll have an awesome ping. 1 of those 3 hops may be through a busy router/bridge/pc.

I am 15 hops from moon here in MI. I bet Comet is the same or closer and he ironically lives farther away.

So you see distance plays no part in how you will ping to a server.

#20 Evil-Do-R

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:21 PM

Necroing this topic because I'd rather not make a new one about an old server that is probably dead and buried. Seeing all the familiar names in this thread is kinda saddening.

Anyway... I've gotta clear out all my belongings, so I scanned this printout I've had up on my wall for the best part of 11 years. Maybe there are some people hanging around from the days when BUGS and Moon seemed to have some sort of familiarity with eachother.

http://i.imgur.com/lT5W7VX.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com