Photo

Join Moon with 1 click

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:28 PM

Time to find a new game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#42 Comet

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

DoD:S

#43 Old Yeller

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:47 AM

Thanks Clubber!

Join Moongamers alot?
Tired of clicking BattleField shortcut, watching movies and adds, choosing player (optional), selecting multiplayer, selecting internet, choosing favorites, choosing moon server and clicking Join?

How about 1 double click and you are in your favorite server.
This can be done using command-line switches.

SETUP
Right-click a shortcut to Battlefield and click copy.
Right-click an empty space on your desktop and click paste.
Right-click your new BF shortcut copy and choose re-name.
Re-name copy of shortcut to the server you want it to join.
Eg Moon TDM or Moongamers CQ
Right-click your new server shortcut and choose properties.
In the Target: section, it should read "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe"

You need to now add your command-line switches, these are
+restart 1 (skips movies and adds) optional
+joinServer IP:PORT (adds the direct link) case sensitive

Your new taget line should read (for MoonGamers TDM)
"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +restart 1 +joinServer 64.34.179.229:14567

Your new taget line should read (for MoonGamers CQ)
"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +restart 1 +joinServer 64.34.180.19:14567

Adding DC Final
The command line switch for Mods is +game

Your new taget line should read (for MoonGamers DC)
"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +game DC_Final +restart 1 +joinServer 64.34.183.27:14567

Check if the path is the same before you can copy the entire line and paste it into the Target: field of your new moon-server shortcut.

64bit operating systems will have a different named path. The end after the quotes will be the same. Make sure to ensure the spacing is correct for all Operating Systems. The most important part to be able to join quickly is " +restart 1 +joinServer xx.xx.xxx.xx:14567" Place this with no quotes at the end of your target. IP will need to reflect the server you wish to join. The game will change mods if needed so the mod change step is not really needed.

Double-click your new moon-server shortcut and you will load directly to the server.
You can make as many new shortcuts as you like, all you need is the IP and Port numbers.

Good luck and happy hunting.

#44 Upyerkilt

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:20 PM

Im set up,TY to all for info

#45 LT. M. Litoris

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:04 AM

Im set up,TY to all for info

Hi all, I try to do this but it says "target no found". How can I do it?

Anyway, I'm worried because BF1942 now freezes when I press "Internet", the servers don't even show up!

I'm starting to panin, I need BF1942!

#46 Shrooms

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:40 PM

An alternative easy method

Credit to Jeronimo at bfmods.com for this.

You can now just launch any server from a url.

1. download the file below and extract the 'start_bf1942.vbs' file to your Battlefield 1942 install directory (where the bf1942.exe is)

http://www.is82.com/...tart_bf1942.rar

3. Run the .vbs file once. You should get "Installation successful."
4. You can now connect to bf42 servers directly from your browser by clicking a link to a URL with the following pattern:

bf1942://ip:port/modname

so to join the moongamers server bf1942://64.34.179.229:14567

if you use google chrome, copying and pasting the url into the adress bar will just google it, and wont work. So use windows explorer or another internet browser

#47 Monkey

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:44 PM

An alternative easy method

Credit to Jeronimo at bfmods.com for this.

You can now just launch any server from a url.

1. download the file below and extract the 'start_bf1942.vbs' file to your Battlefield 1942 install directory (where the bf1942.exe is)

http://www.is82.com/...tart_bf1942.rar

3. Run the .vbs file once. You should get "Installation successful."
4. You can now connect to bf42 servers directly from your browser by clicking a link to a URL with the following pattern:

bf1942://ip:port/modname

so to join the moongamers server bf1942://64.34.179.229:14567

if you use google chrome, copying and pasting the url into the adress bar will just google it, and wont work. So use windows explorer or another internet browser

Thanks Shrooms! I have tried to get this to work in our forum several times over the years but the IPB does not support that style of linking :(

#48 Shrooms

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:50 PM

Thanks Shrooms! I have tried to get this to work in our forum several times over the years but the IPB does not support that style of linking :(

would it be different if it were an image you would click on to connect?, like your signature?

#49 Monkey

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:54 PM

would it be different if it were an image you would click on to connect?, like your signature?

Not sure never tired it that way. I will have to look into it unless someone else does it first. Got a few things going on here at home right now and takes me away for periods of time.

#50 mattybeast

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:56 AM

not sure but this might need bumped
I seem to be having server browser issues in '42

#51 mattybeast

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:52 AM

Bump for the same reason as my above post.
Check the first post.
This is the relevant IP address.
64.34.179.229:14567

#52 posi

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:53 PM

Fiddling about, I butchered an html and queried gamespy and put the list of servers up here on some old webspace.

The hyperlinks are still on all the I.P.s for direct connect.. the web page will try to direct connect and fail... unless you have ran an additional program first..

I can actually use this page to direct connect.

Anyways, another snap shot of the servers for anyone needing an I.P, address.

Edit , added text for copy and paste desktop shortcuts , thinned list. Instructions.

http://tm-1.tripod.com/gs.html

#53 Grinch

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

Nice job Mr.Posi, we are grateful for the efforts.
:coo:

#54 posi

Posted 28 May 2018 - 02:20 PM

The thing about old instructions is that the server has moved and the address has changed.  

Instructions + Screenshots 

https://www.facebook...69290856508892/

#55 mistamontiel

Posted 28 May 2018 - 04:07 PM

The .bik FMV files you can simply rename whatever to bypass em

Also with Simple's BF1942.exe it redirects to the new master plus all your resolutions will be selectable inmenu! No more hit-or-miss .con edits!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)
Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com