Photo

Help for SW and R to R maps?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Steve2112

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:41 PM

Hello all. I've downloaded the two map packs in the instant message menu. But can't seem to get them fired up. I've DL'd and followed the cues. I've got shortcuts...but can't really find any specific files. When I click on a say Battlefield 1942 Secret Weapons of WWII icon I get a error message; Missing BFCPRT.dll. A quick search reveals a LOT of websites that really want to help me install the file. And what else who knows!

I feel very silly for having the files offered up, but unable to use them.

Do they go in a specific folder?

Are the linked and related to my current BF files?

Should I see them in my current BF game map list (I don't), or are they totally separate games?

Why do I have a missing file and how do I correct it?

Hopefully you can help! Thanks!

Steve

#2 shavo

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:26 PM

Steve2112 - Posted Today, 04:41 PM

I feel very silly for having the files offered up, but unable to use them.

Do they go in a specific folder?

Are the linked and related to my current BF files?

Should I see them in my current BF game map list (I don't), or are they totally separate games?

Why do I have a missing file and how do I correct it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick questions?

1. your OS ?

2. Are you emulating the files with Alcohol 120%?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 Steve2112

Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:19 AM

Thanks for replying.

1) 7. Running current BF42 in XP compatibility mode.

2) I don't know what that is. Off to google.

#4 shavo

Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:29 AM

No problem Steve, others will chime in. Make sure you are on the latest version:

http://team-simple.o...patch_v1.61.exe

Disable your virus scan, oddly it thinks its a virus changing your HOSTS file.

Please read:http://fileforums.co...ead.php?t=58882

"The Expansion Pack "The Road To Rome" updates the game to V1.25 . "Secret Weapons Of WWII" updates the game to V1.45 .
Then there was a V1.50 Patch. Now the newest Patch out is V1.6.19 .
So when you want to use the cracked V1.6.19 EXE, you have to update your game to that version.
The Patch from V1.50 to V1.6.19 is 150 MB !!!"

Hopefully it works.

Alcohol 120%, is a powerful Windows CD and DVD burning software that makes it easy to create backups of DVDs* and CDs. Additionaly, the program lets you store your most used CDs as images on your computer, and you can mount them on 1 of the 31 virtual drives with a click of a button.

It emulates the game so you never need a CD.

Makes for WAYYYYYYYYY FaSTER load time into game.

#5 Renlist

Posted 15 March 2016 - 09:06 PM

If you're playing BF1942 from the CD install instead of the Origin Games method, you might want to ditch/uninstall your CD install of BF1942 and go with a fresh install of the Free to Play Origin BF1942. Once you've installed Origin Games as your mode to play BF1942, it's just a matter of extracting the SWWII and the Road to Rome map paks into your C:/Origin Games/Battlefield 1942 folder.    Make a new BF1942 desktop short cut icon from the Origin Games folder, and the expansion map paks will start seamlessly.

With BF1942 and  the map paks being offered for free from Origin Games (map packs here),  it makes little sense hassling with playing BF1942 from the CD install. It can be done, but with a lot more hassle than just playing BF1942 via the free Origin Games download of BF1942.  Once I switched to Origin Games to play BF1942, it was a cinch to just extract the expansion paks into the Origin Games BF1942 folder. No patches needed. The map paks loaded flawlessly  on Sundays, when expansion paks are played on  MoonGamers server.

#6 Steve2112

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:45 AM

Hi ren...I actually have both. I found Origin first, then bought CD. TBH, not even sure which version I've been using lately. I do have a little bit of a concern of getting everything set up JUST SO with a fresh install, but I am sure of good help here should issues arise. 

Thank you kind sir...a most gracious reply and easy-to-understand solution!

:yourock:

#7 Renlist

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:03 AM

Hi ren...I actually have both. I found Origin first, then bought CD. 

?    Are you a doomsday prepper or something?   Archive?   :party1:

#8 Steve2112

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:14 PM

Hi ren...I actually have both. I found Origin first, then bought CD. 

?    Are you a doomsday prepper or something?   Archive?   :party1:

LOL....

The real reason? I wanted to see if the game play was different between  Origin and the real CD. I found out that I suck on both. :smiley_369:

• shavo likes this

#9 BlackMesa Security

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:24 PM

Question. I have the Origin version of BF42. Where do I download Secret Weapons and Road to Rome at? I forgot.

#10 Renlist

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:46 PM

C:/Program Files/Origin/Origin games.  If  BF1942 folder is there already, then, good.  Just extract your downloaded SW's pak zip file into that folder. The SW maps will automatically get put into the "Mods folder" (expansion pak1, expansion pak2.    Be sure to make a new BF1942 shortcut from  the Origin folder . The expansion paks will auto load when playing on the server.

#11 posi

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:10 PM

Team simple has the expansions listed for download in an easy to install (patched) format.  They are listed at the top of their forums not in the downloads section.

I mirror those links on a google drive here:  https://drive.google...RzRhNGdMbXJtNFE

• Steve2112 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com