Photo

Map Changes and Modding

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#121 MehulJ

Posted 07 August 2021 - 11:26 PM

Suggestion to include one more Spawn APC in MG... 

Additional jeep could be placed on the Axis uncap in Battle of the Bulge 

Ammo boxes at both the bridge ends in Bocage (pls ignore if they are already there)

Lastly, if someone calls calls out "Requesting a Pickup or Wait" to someone driving a jeep/tank/plane/apc/boat ... and the concerned person does not stop, Moonbot should jam the wheels of the vehicle/self-detonate the same  :smiley_536:  :comp26:  Simply put 'the more the merrier, and chances of spawning back at the same spot in 30 seconds will drastically reduce. 

#122 Capn Cackler

Posted 07 August 2021 - 11:58 PM

Lastly, if someone calls calls out "Requesting a Pickup or Wait" to someone driving a jeep/tank/plane/apc/boat ... and the concerned person does not stop, Moonbot should jam the wheels of the vehicle/self-detonate the same  :smiley_536:  :comp26:  Simply put 'the more the merrier, and chances of spawning back at the same spot in 30 seconds will drastically reduce. 

I see many problems with this. What if there are 2 vehicles in close proximity? What if a jeep is full? What if someone just wants to troll everyone else by spamming the "Request Pickup" command? 

• MehulJ likes this

#123 MehulJ

Posted 08 August 2021 - 03:44 AM

Hahah yes Cackler ... totally agree with you!

Btw I didn't actually mean that xD  :cool4:  but yup the ones above it are up for consideration 

#124 Stamper

Posted 08 August 2021 - 10:11 AM

I am pushing every different button combination to screenshot what I am trying to say here, but it's not working, so bear with me ;)

Market Garden:  East (assuming this is 'right' side of the map) side of the town, there is an APC/Kettenkrad.  There are (3?) buildings east of these vehicles, one is bombed out, the rest are not and  basically serve no purpose unless you're a tanker trying to sneak way around to the steel bridge flag.    

I have pictures from my phone but can't upload them....but I took the time to go in single player and see what visual an AA gun placed between the broken building on the far east side of the city, against the slope, and the building just north of it would have.  

What it can hit:  Planes turning around/loopbombing the bridge flag and essentially the airspace that the AA at the church cannot hit, or has extreme difficulty hitting.

What it can't hit: Tanks coming across the bridge or the steel bridge pillbox, Axis planes taking off over water.  The busted building south of where I'm saying to place this blocks the view of both the flag, other side of river, and Axis takeoff airspace.  

Essentially this AA's field of vision would be over the city, and the planes turning around east of the city (east-west).  Rarely could it hit the tanks passing by since there is such a small window for it to do so when the tanks fly by, and due to it being set in between two buildings, it can't hit anything that's fresh out of either base.    Basically, you'd just have an AA that's good for one thing, hitting planes.  It's field of vision is strongest in the sky (which is still limited) and it is impossible for it to be used to pound infantry and tanks.   It would not be as dangerous as the AA at the church - it would be a 'wrong place, wrong time' for pilots looping the bridge and the center city flag, however.

This message brought to you by a pilot who has loopbombed that flag with little opposition and has also been loopbombed on the ground there with little opportunity to fend off the plane doing it.  

I hope that all makes sense ;)  

• Major Sleep likes this

#125 Spare Parts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 01:14 PM

a parachute drop for Allies on Battle of the Bulge. Could be a turkey shoot but if you put it near a couple jeeps that might make the map flow a little better, or not, whatever.

• Highway Man likes this

#126 Wasabi®

Posted 25 September 2021 - 11:49 AM

September 25, 2021

Bocage CQ - added 3rd BF109 for Axis

Market Garden CQ - added Axis paraspawn to the west of the Stone Bridge flag. Reverted the spawn APC to a regular (non-spawn) Hanomag.

Kharkov CQ - added 3rd light tank at each main base. Removed one of the AAs on each main base. 

• Highway Man and MehulJ like this

#127 Wasabi®

Posted 25 September 2021 - 03:28 PM

September 25, 2021

Berlin CTF - restored Spawn APCs and grenades

Battleaxe CQ - Added para spawns on the east & west sides of the map. This should help infantry players and also alleviate the constant camping in the mains

• Major Sleep, Highway Man and MehulJ like this

#128 Wasabi®

Posted 25 September 2021 - 07:07 PM

September 25, 2021

Aberdeen CTF - added jeeps (small turbo) to main bases and flags. Decreased tanks. 

Kharkov CTF - replaced Ilyushin / Stuka with Aichi Vals.

• MehulJ likes this

#129 Highway Man

Posted 25 September 2021 - 07:58 PM

September 25, 2021

Berlin CTF - restored Spawn APCs and grenades

Battleaxe CQ - Added para spawns on the east & west sides of the map. This should help infantry players and also alleviate the constant camping in the mains

that will help tremendously

#130 Capn Cackler

Posted 26 September 2021 - 09:08 PM

Suggest taking the tanks out of Berlin? I think it is in the conquest mode but idk.

#131 Wasabi®

Posted 26 September 2021 - 09:23 PM

The tanks will be left in CQ to cater to high-pingers.

#132 MonkeySpank

Posted 26 September 2021 - 10:45 PM

There’s a Panzer in Axis main base that spawns right before the ramp to the repair pad in Bocage. Any chance that could be moved a little? Makes it difficult to quickly repair my ummm…. tank.

• Capn Cackler likes this

#133 MonkeySpank

Posted 27 September 2021 - 09:19 PM

Some possible suggestions on Battle of Britain… not sure if any of them are even possible but just some ideas after playing a round recently:
  1. Lock red out of all blue equipment (especially flaks) and vehicles. Or better yet, have red instantly die if they get into any of blue’s stuff and banish them to Siberia for no less than 5 minutes.
  2. Significantly reduce hp of JU-88 and possibly increase spawn times. It’s an armored beast that climbs way better than the Spitfire. 1 guy loop bombing in it can be devastating.
  3. Increase the power on flaks and engineer wrenches.
  4. Remove exp packs from engineers and grenades from everyone else.
  5. Increase reload speed for blue planes when flying over runway and make reload area larger. Instant full reload when relatively close to runway would be great.

• Major Sleep, Par Shooter and Capn Cackler like this

#134 Highway Man

Posted 27 September 2021 - 10:50 PM

is there any way in the world to put a barrier along the edge of a map, specifically Wake Island as people tend to drive the carrier off on their more it seems....

#135 Capn Cackler

Posted 01 October 2021 - 11:16 AM

Something that was brought up yesterday was the idea of adding back some of the "long range callouts"

-Personally, I would love to see them added for engineers and don't believe there would be a lot of issues.
-Second, someone suggested re-adding the callouts for long range snipers (I would suggest they be very very long range).

I don't remember if I put this here or not already but
-More ways to heal in Battle of the Bulge. There are like 4 med boxes and they are miles away from any actual combat to make them reasonable.

• D Day likes this

#136 Wasabi®

Posted 03 October 2021 - 11:12 AM

October 3, 2021

Essen CQ - has 2 uncaps again, para spawn is gone, bridges are back.

#137 Capn Cackler

Posted 11 October 2021 - 09:49 AM

With regards to having Market CTF in rotation

-Shorten round timer

-Increase the armour on the APCs to prevent jeeps from 1 shotting them

• Par Shooter likes this

#138 kaiserj

Posted 11 October 2021 - 05:33 PM

More ammo for snipers again.

• Highway Man and Capn Cackler like this

#139 Par Shooter

Posted 13 October 2021 - 04:49 PM

I think there is now another 109 on boccy which makes a big difference . maybe the stuka for at least Market as the b17 just smashes everything and less tanks on red for tobruk 

Iwo and wake two maps very similar one after the other please can we have Berlin back plus Bat of Britain plus have the blue spawns closer to the planes as this is why red normally win some times it can be a 4 min walk if no jeeps to get a plane ...

Also the new mod for Cean is a great one please turn the nades off as its unbearable spawn die spawn die spawn die etc as nades are raining in non stop all game, or just 1 nade per life 

Just some ideas 

Par

• Highway Man and Capn Cackler like this

#140 Capn Cackler

Posted 13 October 2021 - 05:00 PM

Also the new mod for Cean is a great one please turn the nades off as its unbearable spawn die spawn die spawn die etc as nades are raining in non stop all game, or just 1 nade per life 

I think that nades need to stay as they are a counter to the tank and apc. I do think we should mod out fall damage on that map though.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com