Photo

Apologies for going Rambo on R A M B O in Anzio

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Stamper

Posted 15 August 2021 - 07:53 PM

To Whom It May Concern,

I'd like to offer my sincerest apologies for my teamkilling of R A M B O this afternoon in Anzio CTF.   Regardless the circumstances, it was uncalled for and teamkilling is NEVER okay, despite what was going on at the Axis flag.  

For context - R A M B O was packing the Axis flag when I joined the match with around 5:00 left on the clock, and before I had any clue of what was going on, he blew them, and whatever empty vehicles were in the area were blown into the sky, which teamwounded me.  If I recall, I yelled a lot, and also was taken out by a sniper or plane within the following minute (I remember dying shortly after trying to get health in apc).  When I spawned, R A M B O had just got done resetting the packs, blew them again, and stuff was flying all over the place, once again damaging me and teammates.  So I teamkilled him when he reloaded his pack kit and hid inside the building.  I am pretty sure I ran in, shot him in the leg with the K98, then emptied the pistol on him.  In the words of Buster Scruggs, I only had 'but the one bullet left' in the Walther when it was said and done.

Common sense and hindsight dictates that since I was an engineer, I could have done what I usually do in the event I see a packed flag and just remove the packs and not say anything at all.  But, I was just clouded by anger from being teamwounded by a flagpacker twice.  

I am aware teamkilling in form of retaliation equates me to the level of player whom I retaliated against and is no bueno in this server.  I was the lower player in this situation at the end of the day.  

This message is an attempt to extinguish the fires I helped fan this afternoon for the last five minutes of Anzio.

I will do better.  It is just a game.  I am sorry.  Thank you for not swinging the banhammer.

Cheers,

Stamper

#2 Spare Parts

Posted 15 August 2021 - 10:18 PM

I don't know man,  I would rethink documenting yourself breaking the rules.  I'm not sure the internet contains enough storage space.

• Highway Man likes this

#3 Stamper

Posted 15 August 2021 - 10:57 PM

Brilliant....

#4 Lin

Posted 16 August 2021 - 03:02 PM

...and Spare dropped the mic...

#5 Stamper

Posted 16 August 2021 - 04:28 PM

...and Spare dropped the mic...

I mean, I've been told to keep it off the server.  So I went here.  *shrugs*   Any other news?

#6 Lin

Posted 16 August 2021 - 06:33 PM

If you want to know, you just don't seem to give a flying fig about our server and community rules. In this instance, you TKed a player when there were several admins in who could have handled the issue. Instead, you took it into your own hands and broke our rules doing so.

You have been reported base camping often when admins do not appear to be present.

You yell and curse at players because of perceived injustices, when the other player really didn't have a clue.

You grief players you don't like and attempt to lie about their activities.

You respond to admin calls for "what map would you like next". As soon as we run it, you leave the server. Don't respond if you are not going to stay to play the map. Duh.

We try to be a responsive management team, so we created a Discord channel that will send calls to admins for immediate action for emergent server issues. Each post results in an admin call to not one, but several admins. You report non-emergent issues, and you spam the channel with chat in spite of our attempts to educate you how to use the channel. 

You seem to want to have a personal admin follow you around, because you report or complain about every little infraction that other players do to you, yet you appear to want to break rules with impunity. This is a game, crap will happen, do you really need a personal admin to follow you around to make sure your game is absolutely perfect?

There is a lot more but that will have to wait until another day, as I used my work break to respond to you, and I have to go back to work now.

Remember...you asked, I am merely providing you with a response. I'm not interested in a back-and-forth.

• Stamper likes this

#7 Stamper

Posted 16 August 2021 - 06:58 PM

Acknowledged.  Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com