• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Highway Man

Posted 20 August 2018 - 11:36 AM

https://youtu.be/HOpboPRf7Y8

• Rubulator likes this

#2 posi

Posted 20 August 2018 - 12:24 PM

Nice inverted kill vs bot,   I love to see YT vids from the community.  Thanks for seeding the small game!  

The 4 bots named after Moon Legacy players do well at providing target practice for our players without upsetting or diminishing the game.  I am getting used to that.  

• Zap Rowsdower, Rubulator and Highway Man like this

#3 Highway Man

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:58 AM

I got a video of me shooting punky down from my tiger. It's real long so I'll have to edit it before I upload it.

#4 dodgem

Posted 22 August 2018 - 01:06 PM

I got a video of me shooting punky down from my tiger. It's real long so I'll have to edit it before I upload it.

Maybe that vid should go on the homepage.
  • Highway Man likes this

#5 Highway Man

Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:47 PM

Without further ado!

Now? Which part did you like the best?

• Captain John H. Miller and Rubulator like this

#6 Spare Parts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 02:02 AM

The best part was at the end where we find out Bruce Willis has been dead the whole time.

• Highway Man likes this

#7 posi

Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:16 PM

1:15 to 1:17 is your edit, nice kill.   

• Highway Man likes this

#8 Highway Man

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:30 PM

CTF WAKE 9/12/18

What was miller doing in the beginning?

• posi and Captain John H. Miller like this

#9 Spare Parts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:05 PM

Doing his best, i'm sure.

• Highway Man likes this

#10 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:13 PM

Huh. That is what a game should run like. Unless your recording takes the herky jerky out of it?

One day I hope mine runs like that.

• Highway Man likes this

#11 posi

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:43 PM

It takes me back a few years when tons of players were trying different software and just getting a Vid was a thrill.   Thing is, up to Windows 7 a video editor that was great could be gotten for free.  Now..  any app that records or edits on a modern OS either has hooks or isn't free.  

Keep trying things!  I'm hesitant to offer any advice, however...   There is a sequence or two that I would have loved to have shared on the FB page.  I mean ANY player sharing a Video or Screenshot is exactly what we want! 

No giant hurdles to get a share there.  I think it would jump out more if you lost the software logo and focused on the action though.  Also, best darn resolution possible!   : )

I know our peak games haven't been the best.  Before my own video tools got buggy again I was struggling with showing the server in the best light.  More players, more action to film.  Crossing fingers you have some opportunities like this WAKE game with a few more heads.

There is a thread I started which I intended for ALL gameplay videos so a user could browse through contributions and in house video.   Even players who haven't been to our forums are sometimes shared on that thread.  I occasionally go out and look at new BF42 content on youtube and twitch and grab it.   Please, post future work there : )     

http://www.moongamer...hl=video&page=8

• Highway Man likes this

#12 Highway Man

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:45 PM

Huh. That is what a game should run like. Unless your recording takes the herky jerky out of it?

Mine runs like that 24/7 :D

It takes me back a few years when tons of players were trying different software and just getting a Vid was a thrill.   Thing is, up to Windows 7 a video editor that was great could be gotten for free.  Now..  any app that records or edits on a modern OS either has hooks or isn't free.  

Keep trying things!  I'm hesitant to offer any advice, however...   There is a sequence or two that I would have loved to have shared on the FB page.  I mean ANY player sharing a Video or Screenshot is exactly what we want! 

No giant hurdles to get a share there.  I think it would jump out more if you lost the software logo and focused on the action though.  Also, best darn resolution possible!   : )

I know our peak games haven't been the best.  Before my own video tools got buggy again I was struggling with showing the server in the best light.  More players, more action to film.  Crossing fingers you have some opportunities like this WAKE game with a few more heads.

There is a thread I started which I intended for ALL gameplay videos so a user could browse through contributions and in house video.   Even players who haven't been to our forums are sometimes shared on that thread.  I occasionally go out and look at new BF42 content on youtube and twitch and grab it.   Please, post future work there : )     

Sure thing Posi : D 

#13 Highway Man

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:01 PM

Mine runs like that 24/7 :D

Sure thing Posi : D  I can go back and pull out the sequences you liked  if  you want me too. Be more than happy too :)

I don't think i can  takeaway the logo at the beginning but i can shorten the amount of time it appears.

#14 posi

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:33 PM

OBS is no logo by default.   A few others.     Like I said, I don't want to guide you.   7 seconds can be a good snap ,  some users post 1-2 hr videos and get hella views.  Some talk while playing, others use music.  Some users will link a bunch of 3-5 second kill shots together. What you want to do is up to you.  It's an old game, interest in sharing it is good.  

• Highway Man likes this

#15 mistamontiel

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:26 AM

I just started up on OBS. Such incredible

Wished it was like Fraps that you can see a FPS counter a sign a sound something that you are recording er not

• posi likes this

#16 Highway Man

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:36 AM

I'll look into that.

#17 posi

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:08 PM

I'm in ,   Managed to get my native resolution to start grabbing at ( 1440 * 900 with 1.333 FOV ) on Origin , which is a pretty good res but not max unfortunately.

Wish I could get the application to recognize the CD install of 42...  It only considers Origin legit.  Go figure.

Most likely I will be in for some capture tomorrow if we can clear 12 per team.

#18 Highway Man

Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:20 PM

I got OBS downlaoded. How do I add music to videos?

#19 posi

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:00 PM

In the Editor,  I use Windows Movie Maker but I'm on an older OS and it is available to me.   Sony Vegas is recommended often, it's not free.

• Highway Man likes this

#20 mistamontiel

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:53 AM

Actually looked @ Fraps again. w-0-w 2013 its last update!

20 secs weighed 2+ gigs, lol. But something funny going on with YT because the clip still had DAMN smudging all over -.-

n as for OBS I don't know why but it overrides my 200FPS (tried 999 but no DiCE never seen my BF1942 go higher) setting and locks 60.. shucks

• Highway Man likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com