Photo

Looking for working copy of 42

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SoulAssassin

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:40 PM

My apologies if this isn't an appropriate topic for this forum.  I'm an old 42 player but I don't have a copy of the game anymore.  Does anyone have an extra copy with a good cd key (not banned from servers) that they wouldn't mind parting with?  I would be willing to buy it.  Thanks!

- soul

#2 posi

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:54 PM

https://abandonwareg...attlefield-1942

#3 SoulAssassin

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:57 PM

very cool!  thank you, posi!

#4 Lin

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:24 PM

Holy cow! :)

Nice to see ya!

#5 SoulAssassin

Posted 24 November 2018 - 04:56 PM

hey there lin  :)  i installed the game but i don't seem to catch the server at the right time...when is the best time to catch a populated game, generally speaking?

#6 Highway Man

Posted 24 November 2018 - 07:19 PM

Eh, it kind of depends on the day, usually from 8-10 CST PM. There's 15 or so people.
Sometimes mid morning will have a 6or 7 people.
And Road to Rome and Secret weapons run on sunday, usually draws a good crowd, had 39 people last week in the evening.
Or if the server is empty, I'll usually join and people will start filing in.
Hope this possibly answers your question. Maybe lin or someone else will have a more educated answer.

And if you have teamspeak, I try to hop on it at night and Sundays.
And most weekdays it can get populated around 3 pm or so. You can always look at the gametracker page to See if anyone is on 😀

See you on the battlefield!
  • posi likes this

#7 Mr.Orange

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:27 AM

Hello, 

im also back from the dead.

Im strugelling with the abandoned version. I installed the version and the patch, but i cannot connect to any of the servers?

Any ideas?

Thanks 

#8 dodgem

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:47 AM

Hi Mr Orange,

You need to: install BF1942, then the 1.6.19 patch, then the 1.61 incremental patch and then the all-in-one patch. The all-in-one patch fixes the in-game server list and provides all resolution options in the game's settings menu. One of our admins, Posi, has everything you need on a Google Drive here:

https://drive.google...Qk5HRGx6dU4zUWM

You will also find the expansion packs on this Google Drive. We play Road to Rome and Secret Weapons on Sundays so they're probably worth installing too.

#9 Mr.Orange

Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:04 AM

Hi Mr Orange,

You need to: install BF1942, then the 1.6.19 patch, then the 1.61 incremental patch and then the all-in-one patch. The all-in-one patch fixes the in-game server list and provides all resolution options in the game's settings menu. One of our admins, Posi, has everything you need on a Google Drive here:

https://drive.google...Qk5HRGx6dU4zUWM

You will also find the expansion packs on this Google Drive. We play Road to Rome and Secret Weapons on Sundays so they're probably worth installing too.

Its not working ;(

Gamespy gives me a 9999 ping on the Server which is also named "unnamed" and has apparently zero players on it right now. When I try to join it says the Server is full. 

btw this is a problem that i have with every server i try to connect with...

#10 dodgem

Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:30 AM

Try running the all-in-one patch again and make sure you have an exception for BF1942 in your firewall.
  • posi likes this

#11 Mr.Orange

Posted 27 December 2018 - 10:12 AM

Try running the all-in-one patch again and make sure you have an exception for BF1942 in your firewall.

Tried it again, but no good result.

Im using Windows 10 and GameSpy3D. Also tried the in-game multiplayer server search, but it didnt worked.

Do i need another Server client? Back in the days I was using Xfire.

Used IP for server connection is: 162.210.196.6 :14567

#12 dodgem

Posted 27 December 2018 - 02:29 PM

Do you get an error message or just 9999 for ping and "unable to connect"?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com