Photo

Help with ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 PRO

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 JBD2

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:33 AM

Hi Everybody,

I recently got an ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 PRO and I am experiencing problems. First off, if it matters I didn’t uninstall previous graphic card software from my old card. The drivers that came with the CD didn’t work good for CS: Source at all, so I found some drivers that worked…But I still have graphics problems. Here are some screenshots:

First Screenshot
Second Screenshot

Also I notice that when I go under “My Computer->Properties->Hardware->Device Manager->Display Adapter->ALL-IN-WONDER 9800 SERIES->General” I notice that it says in “Location” “PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0”. But the graphics card is an AGP, I don’t get it. Also for a bit when I would Alt-Tab out of game and go back in, the graphics would be better temporarily. Do you think this could be because of my power supply? Its 400W, but I was talking to a Computer Tech, and he said that even though its 400W it could be a cheap one because it came with the computer case. Thanks for the help.

JBD

#2 Why Two Kay

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:47 AM

Now, I dont play CS, so I have no idea on what those SS should look like. (Except the second one, which I KNOW is wrong)

I reccomend that you do the following:

1. Go Into your System Properties (Right Clikc My Computer, Select Properties)
2. Go to the Hardware Tab, and select Device Manager
3. Open the Display Adapters tab.
4. Click on each one in there and select Uninstall
5. DONT REBOOT
6. Download the following files for the drivers you need:
ATI Driver
ATI Driver Two
7. Reboot
8. When the computer restarts, dont let windows attempt any driver installations, just click Cancel, if you have to, install "Windows VGA driver" You will have to opperate in *shudder* 640 X 480 for a little while.
9. Run the two programs you downloaded to install the latest AIW drivers.
10. Run the game and report back :D

#3 JBD2

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:54 AM

Thanks I'll try that, on the first one, look at the pistol, there is squares etc.

#4 JBD2

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:59 AM

if you have to, install "Windows VGA driver" You will have to opperate in *shudder* 640 X 480 for a little while.

What do you mean, "for a little while"?

#5 JBD2

Posted 05 February 2005 - 11:22 AM

Ok, Well what I did was I followed those instructions and when I got on it said I had to change to some resolution and I did, then changed it back quickly but still I have problems. Also, it searched for drivers when it started up if that matters. I was talking to a Computer Tech, and he said:

That is a memory problem. Have your Dad check your BIOS to make sure that the AGP aperture is set to 256MB and not 128MB or lower. It could also mean your video card does not have enough power for the GPU (Graphical Processing Unit) and can not hold the image in memory.

I know how to get into BIOS, but I'm wondering where to find this part...Tell me what you think.

#6 Why Two Kay

Posted 05 February 2005 - 11:30 AM

The AGP aparture is regualr system memory that is added to the vid cards memory if you run out. So, set this at about 128-256 BUT make sure that its not more than half of the memory you have.

Examples:
1024 MB of system memory, 256 MB video card, 256 MB aparture, higher video settings
512 MB of system memory, 256 MB video card, 128 MB aparture, lower video settings
256 MB of system memory, 256 MB video card, 64 MB aparture, VERY LOW video settings

You should check your BIOS or MOBO manual if yo need to change this setting, as they all are different.

#7 Why Two Kay

Posted 05 February 2005 - 11:34 AM

if you have to, install "Windows VGA driver" You will have to opperate in *shudder* 640 X 480 for a little while.

What do you mean, "for a little while"?

And I mean until you can install another driver, so about 5-10 minutes?

Oh no, i double posted...... :spam1:

#8 JBD2

Posted 05 February 2005 - 11:44 AM

I have 768 MB Ram, so i'm probably going to put it at 256.

Well I can't find it in my BIOS. I checked the manual for it, but I'm not sure where this option is. Does it matter that when I look at the properties for the display adapters that they are set at PCI? Because they should be at AGP, and I don't know why this is. Also I don't know how to find the drivers for the All-In-Wonder cards. I go to ati.com and I click Drivers & Software and then I click Windows XP, and then Multimedia Center, and after that I don't know which one mine is. I know its an all in wonder 9800 pro, but I don't know what category that it fits under. Thanks for the help.

JBD

#9 Why Two Kay

Posted 05 February 2005 - 12:10 PM

I gave you the two download links above!! :D

#10 JBD2

Posted 05 February 2005 - 12:17 PM

Ya I know, I did that, but it didn't work. And I'm wondering so that in the future I won't have to ask someone else for the driver links.

#11 Why Two Kay

Posted 05 February 2005 - 01:54 PM

Ya I know, I did that, but it didn't work. And I'm wondering so that in the future I won't have to ask someone else for the driver links.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 JBD2

Posted 05 February 2005 - 03:11 PM

I don't know if mine is a radeon all-in-wonder...It doesn't say radeon anywhere. And about the properties for the adapter...Any Ideas on why its not at AGP...its at pci.

#13 Why Two Kay

Posted 05 February 2005 - 03:39 PM

I don't know if mine is a radeon all-in-wonder...It doesn't say radeon anywhere. And about the properties for the adapter...Any Ideas on why its not at AGP...its at pci.

Its the same BUS thingy....takes too long to explain and you dont care. Second, all cards made my ATI since the Radeon 5000, are Radeons, all AIW are Radeon.

#14 JBD2

Posted 05 February 2005 - 04:07 PM

I just don't get why I can't find that AGP Aparture thing in my BIOS. What do you think it would be under? (Category).

#15 Why Two Kay

Posted 05 February 2005 - 04:10 PM

I just don't get why I can't find that AGP Aparture thing in my BIOS. What do you think it would be under? (Category).

Can you tell me your MOBO maker/model #?

#16 JBD2

Posted 05 February 2005 - 04:59 PM

Its not a very good motherboard, I don't know the brand but here is the model number: L4S5MG3

#17 Why Two Kay

Posted 05 February 2005 - 05:03 PM

In the BIOS check this:

Advanced Chipset Setup
AGP & P2P Bride Control
AGP Aperture Size

Thats what mine is...and they are the same manufacturer, and same BIOS brand too.

#18 JBD2

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:11 PM

My dad and I both checked the BIOS and this wasn't in there at all. Is there something that I can download to update my BIOS...or any way to update it?

#19 Why Two Kay

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:40 PM

My dad and I both checked the BIOS and this wasn't in there at all. Is there something that I can download to update my BIOS...or any way to update it?

No, I dont think this setting has ANYTHING to do with it. Call the tech support guys, they actually know whats going on. Check your manual for a full description of the BIOS.

GO WITH IT ;)

#20 Lady-Sapphire

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:50 PM

As an ATI Guru, first I must say 2Kills, bith drivers are for All-in-Wonders. The differance is the crappy ATI Control center. The second thing I must say is ATI, as much as I love them, has less then forgiveing drivers. Judgeing by SS2 I would say you got a bad card out of the box. If you are like me, and you hate to admit that, Update the mainboard drivers. If it is a true ATI card get the latest drivers from ATI's site. If it a a 3rd party card get latest drivers from the mfg. If that still fails get the Omega drivers. Again I want to say you got a bad card out of the box.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com