Photo

CQ Omaha out of the ashes

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Monkey

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:15 AM

With the recent closure of our Mostly Omaha CQ server and the box that it resided on. This led to a few issues when it came to Sunday and TDM running the EA expansions the biggest one was.. where will out players go if they do not have or wish to play the expansions...

This has been fixed!

We have a 32 player Mostly Omaha server at 64.34.203.146!!!!

This server will run as the name states mostly Omaha Beach. but from time to time the admins will take a trip to other maps.

Omaha will play out much better with 32 players and you will find that the problems on this small map that 64 players show on the TDM server simply are gone. Also this server will make gaming better for those member who still game on older machines and get that "lag" when its busy in game.

When Omaha CQ was started here it was a merger between MoonGamers and Wagoogees. This was in part caused by PunkBuster and a flawed patch that was released. The 2 communities got together way back then to "save the game" and thus MoonGamers Mostly Omaha was born. Many of those from Wagoogees still play here this very day and you will see them self-kick saying "Wags forever!". Many have moved on to newer games some have had life grab them but they all played some part even if small in keeping 1942 alive here and globally.

The version of Omaha running on this server is the very same version that started this server off here at MoonGamers that was brought over from Wags.

:coo: See you on the beach! :coo:

#2 mexican eskimo

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:24 AM

thank you so much!
i started off here with the omaha all the time and occasional change and it will always be my favorite. And for those of you that haven't played omaha on the small server it is so much better, the nades are way fewer.

#3 Brenton

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:56 AM

Many of those from Wagoogees still play here this very day and you will see them self-kick saying "Wags forever!".

Haha... I always wondered why that was an auto kick!

I cry myself to sleep every night since CQ closed. Okay maybe not, but I do miss it and hope we can get peoples on this server :D

#4 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:48 AM

Wheeee

#5 no guts no glory

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:43 PM

monkey has always been my hero.

#6 Hammer

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:57 PM

just ordered new disc's...

#7 RockyTop

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:25 PM

Posted Image

I'll check this out soon...

#8 Angerfist

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:32 PM

Yes ! Fewer complains by Mex when I run Bulge !

#9 xdoublex

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:23 PM

Awesome! :)

#10 mexican eskimo

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:34 PM

Yes ! Fewer complains by Mex when I run Bulge !

I will always complain since i now know u enjoy it.

#11 Tim

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:16 AM

Yay Omaha! omaharocks! :D

#12 No_Nickname

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

Woooo going to install tomorrow :D

#13 PePe

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:20 PM

Hello Moongamers. Posting to state that once i get 42 running u guys will be seeing me more often. Omaha is what got me hooked to this server in 2005, Its a shame to see omaha and hear that this map was put to the back of the bus when it was the map that brought so many players to the game. It also created so many amazing players, which was the reason i played for soooo long!

32 players will be something new, but i could see it being more of a challenge, smaller number means better chance of dualing with a skillful player!

P.Ñ

#14 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:13 AM

I haven't been on very much of late. When I am I am having problems finding this server. Has it been busy?

#15 PePe

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:27 AM

^ :pinkele:

#16 aux

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:04 PM

Omaha CQ has been rather empty... any plans to add mapvote(especially on xpack Sunday)?

#17 Gomer's Pile

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:14 PM

Yeah for Moongamers.There is nothing like making it up the hill !!!!!!!!!

With the recent closure of our Mostly Omaha CQ server and the box that it resided on. This led to a few issues when it came to Sunday and TDM running the EA expansions the biggest one was.. where will out players go if they do not have or wish to play the expansions...

This has been fixed!

We have a 32 player Mostly Omaha server at 64.34.203.146!!!!

This server will run as the name states mostly Omaha Beach. but from time to time the admins will take a trip to other maps.

Omaha will play out much better with 32 players and you will find that the problems on this small map that 64 players show on the TDM server simply are gone. Also this server will make gaming better for those member who still game on older machines and get that "lag" when its busy in game.

When Omaha CQ was started here it was a merger between MoonGamers and Wagoogees. This was in part caused by PunkBuster and a flawed patch that was released. The 2 communities got together way back then to "save the game" and thus MoonGamers Mostly Omaha was born. Many of those from Wagoogees still play here this very day and you will see them self-kick saying "Wags forever!". Many have moved on to newer games some have had life grab them but they all played some part even if small in keeping 1942 alive here and globally.

The version of Omaha running on this server is the very same version that started this server off here at MoonGamers that was brought over from Wags.

:coo: See you on the beach! :coo:

#18 bondmaster

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:03 PM

I was very saddened to read about the server's closure. However, to bring the server back and continue to work towards keeping it open speaks volumes about the Moongamers community and its leaders.To see MoonGamers continue to support and maintain the server after all these years makes proud to be a member of this community. The CQ server has a very long and proud history and it puts a smile on my face to see that support and dedication still exits today. Times may have changed, people have come and gone, but I think it's great to see the community still hold true to its principles and values that made it popular many years ago when the TDM server first opened. CQ has a great home here and kudos to the BF1942 community for keeping the flame burning!

Wags forever! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com